Reggie Fils asks the real question about next weeks Nintendo financials

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I remember folks were saying the Switch will sell worse than the Wii U and Gamecube, now it’s gonna be up there with DS and PS2 lifetime sales when it’s all said and done.:wow:
It just goes to show you the gimmick Nintendo comes up is more important than their software quality because the Switch is filled with Wii U ports and the Wii U flopped while the Switch succeeded. Because I owned a Wii U I was not so impressed with the Switch.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Thank you, I've been saying this for years. They make the same fukkin game over and over with slight variations and people act like they are recreating existence each time. OMG MARIO CAN USE HATS NOW (like in sm3 :dwillhuh:) BEST MARIO GAME EVER. They've ruined fire emblem, havent made a good DK game in ages, recycle mario kart...all their pokemon games are shovel ware at this point. Just a trash company. If sony or ms came out with pokemon legends but called it creature quest or some shyt that shyt would get review bombed and laughed at. Its literally a ugly, basic monster hunter stories already. Nintendo has been making mid shyt for years cuz their fans are zombies and let them get graded on a curve.
I own a Switch for Zelda, Xenoblade, and other random exclusive RPGs. To be honest most Nintendo exclusive games no longer interest me. Yeah they been milking most of these franchises for decades and some have grown stale. There's a saying that everyday new women turn 18. Nintendo has a constant replenishing supply of people who weren't exposed to their games to attract.

Again I owned a Wii U so the Switch which damn near every good Wii U game outside Xenoblade X got ported to was meh to me. I think it gets a pass because it's portable but I'm not into portable systems as I only game at home.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
I own a Switch for Zelda, Xenoblade, and other random exclusive RPGs. To be honest most Nintendo exclusive games no longer interest me. Yeah they been milking most of these franchises for decades and some have grown stale. There's a saying that everyday new women turn 18. Nintendo has a constant replenishing supply of people who weren't exposed to their games to attract.

Again I owned a Wii U so the Switch which damn near every good Wii U game outside Xenoblade X got ported to was meh to me. I think it gets a pass because it's portable but I'm not into portable systems as I only game at home.

even the exclusive rpgs are mid to me. FE, xenoblade, octopath were all forgettable. I played xb on the dolphin way back and remember enjoying it but I guessed it aged horribly for me cuz I quit 15 hours in on the remake

The Wolf Among You

Superstar
Daps
It just goes to show you the gimmick Nintendo comes up is more important than their software quality because the Switch is filled with Wii U ports and the Wii U flopped while the Switch succeeded. Because I owned a Wii U I was not so impressed with the Switch.

The Wii U is finally starting to see love these past few years, back when it first launched it was heavily criticized(rightfully so), and the system had some of the worst gaming droughts I’ve ever seen. Not to mention Nintendo failed drastically to properly market the actual system, with consumers believing it to be an accessory to the Wii rather than a brand new console.
The Switch had the complete opposite, a great marketing strategy, a killer app at launch, and developed a steady stream of releases. The gimmick of the Switch certainly helps, but it’s not the sole reason for the system’s success.

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange
I don’t think Reggie would be tweeting if Nintendo wasn’t ready to bring that fiscal year ether. And it would be deserved. Been playing that new Pokémon all day. Only took a break to shovel my car out of the snow.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Thank you, I've been saying this for years. They make the same fukkin game over and over with slight variations and people act like they are recreating existence each time. OMG MARIO CAN USE HATS NOW (like in sm3 :dwillhuh:) BEST MARIO GAME EVER. They've ruined fire emblem, havent made a good DK game in ages, recycle mario kart...all their pokemon games are shovel ware at this point. Just a trash company. If sony or ms came out with pokemon legends but called it creature quest or some shyt that shyt would get review bombed and laughed at. Its literally a ugly, basic monster hunter stories already. Nintendo has been making mid shyt for years cuz their fans are zombies and let them get graded on a curve.
The gaming media treats them with kid gloves at every turn. Been like that since the original Wii dropped. They are teflon to any criticism and it's disgusting.

Bubba T

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

They released Mario Kart 8 for Wii U only 8 months after GTA 5, and released it for two console generations. We've been talking about Milkstar releasing the same shyt over and over, but at least they've released SOME content for the 8 years they've been milking it:mjlol:

These mofos took one of the least popular 3D Zelda games, spit shined it, and re-released it for $60:russ:

Dudes took 3 Mario games 10-15 years old, didn't really bother updating it, and re-released it for $60:picard:

Yet everyone still sings their praises and buy their shyt in droves.:lolbron:

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
They released Mario Kart 8 for Wii U only 8 months after GTA 5, and released it for two console generations. We've been talking about Milkstar releasing the same shyt over and over, but at least they've released SOME content for the 8 years they've been milking it:mjlol:

These mofos took one of the least popular 3D Zelda games, spit shined it, and re-released it for $60:russ:

Dudes took 3 Mario games 10-15 years old, didn't really bother updating it, and re-released it for $60:picard:

Yet everyone still sings their praises and buy their shyt in droves.:lolbron:

I hate them nikkas cuz with they IP they can legit make some great shyt if they had some vision and up to date hardware but why do that when ur shyt gon sell regardless?

we should be having elden ring tier pokemon games by now but we get legends arceus :mjlol:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
The Wii U is finally starting to see love these past few years, back when it first launched it was heavily criticized(rightfully so), and the system had some of the worst gaming droughts I’ve ever seen. Not to mention Nintendo failed drastically to properly market the actual system, with consumers believing it to be an accessory to the Wii rather than a brand new console.
The Switch had the complete opposite, a great marketing strategy, a killer app at launch, and developed a steady stream of releases. The gimmick of the Switch certainly helps, but it’s not the sole reason for the system’s success.
The Switch had the benefit of having the entire Wii U's lineup ported to it while getting games also developed specifically for it.

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
Nintendo moves units. It's always shocking to hear how little they sold with the GameCube though, especially when they put out nonstop heat

The Wolf Among You

Superstar
Daps
The Switch had the benefit of having the entire Wii U's lineup ported to it while getting games also developed specifically for it.

The Wii U sold about 13-14 million consoles lifetime. Why would they leave those games there to die?
All I’m saying is that the Switch’s success is not solely due to it’s gimmick. And it’s definitely not more important than it’s software.