Reggie Fils asks the real question about next weeks Nintendo financials

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
The Mario Clan stays winning. If Nintendo ever had a 3rd party lineup like they did in the NES/SNES days, it would be over for everyone else. :wow:
They are doing a lot better in this aspect then the last two generations. Nintendo does have a solid amount of 3rd party support from Japanese devs.

Weak hardware will continue to hold them back in terms of western devs.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
People act like nintendo games are so much more fun because they aren’t good looking. It’s like how people automatically assume ugly or fat people are funny or more pleasant to be around.

Nintendo games recycle gameplay mechanics and the same tired ass ideas generation after generation. They aren’t doing anything special or innovative. I’m playing pokemon right now and I’m almost mad at myself for paying full price for whats a barebones ass mobile game that i can’t even jump in. I feel like I’m playing something from the GameCube era, in terms of of graphics and gameplay.

Only reason why people like mad titan ride Nintendos dikk on here is because they’re the only ones that can actually compete with sony in gaming. You can look at this thread an look at the xbox acquisition thread and see the same people hyping it for the very same reason, thats how traumatized they are by their gaming devices. Those same people you rarely even see in nintendo threads or OT’s

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I'll just say this.

I don't know many people with an XBOX and a PS....everyone I know with a Switch, also has an XBOX or a PS.

By positioning themselves as a secondary console they can eat off both fan bases.

Fred.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
People act like nintendo games are so much more fun because they aren’t good looking. It’s like how people automatically assume ugly or fat people are funny or more pleasant to be around.

Nintendo games recycle gameplay mechanics and the same tired ass ideas generation after generation. They aren’t doing anything special or innovative. I’m playing pokemon right now and I’m almost mad at myself for paying full price for whats a barebones ass mobile game that i can’t even jump in. I feel like I’m playing something from the GameCube era, in terms of of graphics and gameplay.

Only reason why people like mad titan ride Nintendos dikk on here is because they’re the only ones that can actually compete with sony in gaming. You can look at this thread an look at the xbox acquisition thread and see the same people hyping it for the very same reason, thats how traumatized they are by their gaming devices. Those same people you rarely even see in nintendo threads or OT’s
Nintendo is not competing with Sony. Almost nobody is walking into a store and making an either or decision between a Nintendo device and a Sony device. Nintendo has their own dedicated audience and even when there is overlap its irrelevant because people buy both. People are buying Nintendo consoles the vast majority of the time to get access to Nintendo games.

Nintendo hasn't attempted to compete with Sony since the Gamecube. They don't even launch their devices on the same cycles.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Nintendo is not competing with Sony. Almost nobody is walking into a store and making an either or decision between a Nintendo device and a Sony device. Nintendo has their own dedicated audience and even when there is overlap its irrelevant because people buy both. People are buying Nintendo consoles the vast majority of the time to get access to Nintendo games.

Nintendo hasn't attempted to compete with Sony since the Gamecube. They don't even launch their devices on the same cycles.

Never said they were, I’m saying thats why people fake cheer for them because they have the numbers, at least for two of their systems

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
If the games are good enough, then the graphics won't matter as much. I can play A Link to the Past on an emu with absolutely no problem.

The question is: are you playing a game for gameplay or graphics?

play NBA 2K on the switch and revisit this post. Same exact game, except it plays and looks worse in every single way:unimpressed:

Their 3rd party support will always be lacking due to hardware specs. Until that changes it is what it is :yeshrug:

That being said how Nintendo operates within the game industry and isn’t really affected by their competitors is truly some Masterclass shyt:wow:

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps

Thank you, I've been saying this for years. They make the same fukkin game over and over with slight variations and people act like they are recreating existence each time. OMG MARIO CAN USE HATS NOW (like in sm3 :dwillhuh:) BEST MARIO GAME EVER. They've ruined fire emblem, havent made a good DK game in ages, recycle mario kart...all their pokemon games are shovel ware at this point. Just a trash company. If sony or ms came out with pokemon legends but called it creature quest or some shyt that shyt would get review bombed and laughed at. Its literally a ugly, basic monster hunter stories already. Nintendo has been making mid shyt for years cuz their fans are zombies and let them get graded on a curve.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
I remember folks were saying the Switch will sell worse than the Wii U and Gamecube, now it’s gonna be up there with DS and PS2 lifetime sales when it’s all said and done.:wow:
Outside of the virtual boy Nintendo never misses when it comes to their handhelds. If only Sony supported the vita. They would have the western audience with the PS5 and Japanese audience with the vita or whatever could have been the successor to it.

Champion

#RxLife #UCF #FAMU
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town to Tampa
NSW = The hottest console under the sun for the last 5 years.

AcceptableNarrowGnu-size_restricted.gif

CM_Burns

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nintendos been focused on toddlers and cacs for 20 yrs, they got that market locked now