Reggie Fils asks the real question about next weeks Nintendo financials

levitate

I love you, you know.
Daps
Reppin
The Multiverse
Had no idea they were selling like that.

Should I get back into Nintendo land? I’m actually looking for a portable.:jbhmm: May fukk with the lite or whatever it’s called.

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
Had no idea they were selling like that.

Should I get back into Nintendo land? I’m actually looking for a portable.:jbhmm: May fukk with the lite or whatever it’s called.
Dont get the lite, spend the extra $$ on the real switch or oled model and a pro controller.Not sure if u got kids/wife but so many switch games are way better playing with people. My buddys girl wanted to play some mario kart and he has the lite :francis: had to borrow mine lol.

levitate

I love you, you know.
Daps
Reppin
The Multiverse
Dont get the lite, spend the extra $$ on the real switch or oled model and a pro controller.Not sure if u got kids/wife but so many switch games are way better playing with people. My buddys girl wanted to play some mario kart and he has the lite :francis: had to borrow mine lol.
I feel you, breh but…:patrice:don’t see myself playing these graphics on my TV. This would strictly be a portable and I want the most portable version. And by “portable” I don’t mean that I’ll be taking it around the city and shyt…just that I’ll play it while laying in bed, lying on the couch…on the porch and shyt.

Is the OLED version unwieldy as a portable?

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
I feel you, breh but…:patrice:don’t see myself playing these graphics on my TV. This would strictly be a portable and I want the most portable version. And by “portable” I don’t mean that I’ll be taking it around the city and shyt…just that I’ll play it while laying in bed, lying on the couch…on the porch and shyt.

I feel that…just wanted you to know going in lol… My cousin swears by the oled, its the same size as the og switch i believe just a much better screen than both.

if you truly dont care about using it on your tv, even a few times than sounds like the lite would be the right choice.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI

Another thing to consider, the joysticks in the lite are just as prone to failure as the regular joycons but they arent replaceable like the joycons. Youd have to send the whole console to get repaired instead of just the controller.

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

aint nothin more hype than a drunk super smash ultimate party with friends at the crib. dont get the lite, you might regret it later.

lite is for anti social loners that dont have any human interaction

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
As much as people rag on Nintendo for being archaic and behind the times when it comes to modern gaming. The numbers speak for themselves they are definitely in a lane of their own.
Nintendo's audience doesn't really care about modern gaming. Those that do own other platforms as well. The Wii, Wii U, and Switch have proven that as long as the system has a good gimmick it will sell well to them.

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
The Mario Clan stays winning. If Nintendo ever had a 3rd party lineup like they did in the NES/SNES days, it would be over for everyone else. :wow:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
The Mario Clan stays winning. If Nintendo ever had a 3rd party lineup like they did in the NES/SNES days, it would be over for everyone else. :wow:
So you saying you'd pass on a PS5 of Xbox Series X to play 3rd party games on a Switch? in terms of hardware Nintendo is content to remain like 2 generations back on specs. You're never going to be advanced enough to run full blown current generation games on their hardware.

Microsoft and Sony to an extent have to adjust to what the other does and they compete with each other. Nintendo does whatever they want. They ignore trends and advances because they aren't competing with Microsoft or Sony.

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
So you saying you'd pass on a PS5 of Xbox Series X to play 3rd party games on a Switch? in terms of hardware Nintendo is content to remain like 2 generations back on specs. You're never going to be advanced enough to run full blown current generation games on their hardware.

If the games are good enough, then the graphics won't matter as much. I can play A Link to the Past on an emu with absolutely no problem.

The question is: are you playing a game for gameplay or graphics?

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
Nintendo has the kid market almost exclusively to themselves while Sony and Microsoft are battling it out for adult gamers. This allows Nintendo to get away with selling cheap hardware with almost no issues.