Rediscovering my joy of reading...

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
I'm flying outta town for work in a few hours but I stopped at the Green Rd library near me in North Raleigh, as recently I've had an itch to start reading again...

I have a desire to live a cleaner, healthier lifestyle, and in accordance with that, that means physically and mentally. Reading is something I enjoyed as a child, I read when I did time, and I do think being a voracious reader for much of my life developed me in positive ways...

I haven't read since the end of my last lengthy jail run which was over 9 years ago. I'm honestly shamed and embarrassed...

I forgot libraries existed, and how serene and exciting at the same time they are. Looking forward to more and here's to challenging everyone else to continue to find their passions and happy places; the library is one of mine!

God Of Art

TheColi's Favorite Artist
Daps
Reppin
Port City Louisiana Cooper Road
I'm flying outta town for work in a few hours but I stopped at the Green Rd library near me in North Raleigh, as recently I've had an itch to start reading again...

I have a desire to live a cleaner, healthier lifestyle, and in accordance with that, that means physically and mentally. Reading is something I enjoyed as a child, I read when I did time, and I do think being a voracious reader for much of my life developed me in positive ways...

I haven't read since the end of my last lengthy jail run which was over 9 years ago. I'm honestly shamed and embarrassed...

I forgot libraries existed, and how serene and exciting at the same time they are. Looking forward to more and here's to challenging everyone else to continue to find their passions and happy places; the library is one of mine!
What genres you gonna read breh?

NoMoreWhiteWoman2020

RIP Kobe, the best
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CTE
I’ve always preferred physical books over digital. They are bastions of wealth, and still socially stratified like the education system. The best libraries in my city are downtown, and in the suburbs

I remember when my mom put me in the local library summer camp, it really fostered a love for learning.

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
What genres you gonna read breh?
Only book I checked out is The 1619 Project, been years wanting to read it...

In general I like books wrotten about black history like this. I like horror novels, I like thrillers like the Jack Reacher books, I like murder mysteries. Every once in awhile I'll try something in a different genre but these are my go-to's...
I’ve always preferred physical books over digital. They are bastions of wealth, and still socially stratified like the education system. The best libraries in my city are downtown, and in the suburbs

I remember when my mom put me in the local library summer camp, it really fostered a love for learning.
I've never been able to do e-reading or audio books. Tried a few times, just not my thing!

I'm super excited that I went to the library!

God Of Art

TheColi's Favorite Artist
Daps
Reppin
Port City Louisiana Cooper Road
Only book I checked out is The 1619 Project, been years wanting to read it...

In general I like books wrotten about black history like this. I like horror novels, I like thrillers like the Jack Reacher books, I like murder mysteries. Every once in awhile I'll try something in a different genre but these are my go-to's...

I've never been able to do e-reading or audio books. Tried a few times, just not my thing!

I'm super excited that I went to the library!
You should read, "Hannibal" when you get a chance. It's boring but great. They geaux into great detail about his military strategies and his biography.

King Hannibal was the greatest African King.

Marks

as a mountain
Daps
Physical > digital but if you really trying to read through shyt and move around a lot a paperwhite kindle is great. Libraries got digital libraries now too, idk if they work with kindle but I'd assume.

Last edited:

inndaskKy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Birdman tells prison inmates they shouldn't read books
giphy.gif

Negged :birdman:

Nah but repped for real :salute:

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
i'm getting back into it too. i found this while browsing my local antique market last week, one vendor had a fire collection of books. A friend gave me Mama Day a long time ago and I enjoyed it, so i thought i'd add on to my gloria naylor collection.

We got some things in common, stop ducking me and let me take you on this romantic date to the library 😏...