Redfall (PC, Xbox Series X|S) (May 1, 2023)

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
My instincts were right on the money

When I heard rumors about this game I expected something single player-story driven in the vain of prey. This looks like a GAAS vampire looter shooter.

This is just gonna be like L4D with different vampires. It could ahve been a cool modern day vampire hunting game where you jump from roof top to roof top setting traps and hunting shyt with a dope psychological horror story. Something closer to blade than whatever goofy borderlands humor this was going for. Seeing a studio like Arkane go this route is sad and i dont care if yall get mad and wanna huff and puff about console wars. This is disappointing

Arkanes strengths are always going to be in it’s immersive sim/stealth style gameplay. Putting the focus on shooting and open world, the worst aspect about their games and taking away the best aspect of their level design was always gonna be bad.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
62 on metacritic, 64 on opencritic. This might be the worst reviewed game in my library and I have a lot of games. Embarrassing :mjlol:

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
@Sad Bunny trying to find positivity amongst everything

spiderman-lightning.gif

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Might play it on easy and just explore.

Damn this is sad 😞

Deathloop, Prey and Dishonored are just :ohlawd:

Dishonored 1 & 2 might be in my top 10 of all time together, but i could tell from jump this wasn’t that

Redfall is exactly what I worried it would be: a lifeless multiplayer shooter without any of the playful, systemic creativity of a singleplayer Arkane game. After around 40 hours with it, I'm not sure I'd even recommend it to Game Pass subscribers—100GB is a big download for an FPS this bland. - PC GAMER

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
It seems like they are trying to go for the Fortnite crowd or something.

The problem is as good as their single player games are, they just don’t sell. Pre-acquisition i could see them being in a situation where Bethesda basically forced them into putting out a GAAS title to save themselves.