Redfall (PC, Xbox Series X|S) (May 1, 2023)

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
I decided I'm still gonna give the game a chance at 30 FPS and see if I can do a 30 FPS shooter in 2023. I've actually been hype for this game so I don't want to just write it off because I actually think the game has potential. I think they are gonna try to turn this into something like Destiny looking at it. Judgment is still reserved, but the no 60 FPS at launch is a legit red flag, but it isn't an automatic disqualification.
My exact feeling.

Chef

All Star
Daps
Please tell me this is just an unconfirmed rumor. :snoop:

If you are looking to get your hands on Arkane's upcoming vampire riddled RPG to play with your nearest and dearest, here is a quick heads up: you will only be able to save any progress you make in Redfall's campaign if you are the host.

Speaking to IGN, Redfall game designer Harvey Smith revealed, "whoever hosts the session, or whoever initiates the session... their progress is persistent for them. But [for] other people, it's not. In terms of what missions you've unlocked and such, the host, their progression matters."
I hope they realize this is going to burn people out grinding missions to achieve parity or just ruin groups flat out if someone wants to progress ahead. :snoop:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn

I hope they realize this is going to burn people out grinding missions to achieve parity or just ruin groups flat out if someone wants to progress ahead. :snoop:
That's the only problem with Grounded.

That game has a similar mechanic and it's fukking stupid.

State of Decay does it PERFECTLY. We can bring your shyt over with you and trade shyt. nikkas can join your world and use your facilities to craft shyt they can't craft in their world.

It was great.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

cmon-dude-cmon-man.gif

You're spot on about this being something that could burn folks out. Story/character progress sync is KEY for co-op in games like this.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
So lately the co op story sync has been host only. Most people want it that way from what I recall, nothing worse than being behind some one jumping in there game and having your stuff updated to things you've seen or done in someone else's world or the story get updated to stuff you haven't done.

Pretty sure you can use whatever you come across it's just not gonna save items or story progression in the host game that you can bring back to yours.

It's not a farming game so it's not like you gonna be farming material and then feel like it's a waste going back to your game, and if your goal is to progress the story then just host the game yourself.

I don't see the huge deal with it for this kinda game.

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
So lately the co op story sync has been host only. Most people want it that way from what I recall, nothing worse than being behind some one jumping in there game and having your stuff updated to things you've seen or done in someone else's world or the story get updated to stuff you haven't done.

Pretty sure you can use whatever you come across it's just not gonna save items or story progression in the host game that you can bring back to yours.

It's not a farming game so it's not like you gonna be farming material and then feel like it's a waste going back to your game, and if your goal is to progress the story then just host the game yourself.

I don't see the huge deal with it for this kinda game.
I get you BUT...

It should be an option then.

You are talking about the beginning of the game's life cycle.

What happens in the end game? When you are hosting a game at a high level and you're like, "Pres, join my game. Lets raid a vampire nest."

I join, also high level but gear wise I'm naked as fukk???

That's bullshyt.

Atleast in grounded, I can share my stash and give you gear. I don't know if that's possible in this.

Last edited:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I get you BUT...

It should be an option then.

You are talking about the beginning of the game's life cycle.

What happens in the end game? When you are hosting a game at a high level and you're like, "Pres, join my game. Lets raid a vampire nest."

I join, also high level but gear wise I'm naked as fukk???

That's bullshyt.

Atleast in grounded, I can.
You guys are mistaken on the structure of the game.

It’s a story/adventure game just like all of Arkanes other games. I don’t think their will be an “endgame” like you would expect in “destiny” style game.

Think more something like borderlands.

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
You guys are mistaken on the structure of the game.

It’s a story/adventure game just like all of Arkanes other games. I don’t think their will be an “endgame” like you would expect in “destiny” style game.

Think more something like borderlands.
Okay, I think I understand why it won't be too much of an issue.

Still, they need to do a deep dive to explain these things.

BBG

Superstar
Daps
Just out of curiosity, when is the last time there was this much negativity surrounding a game's release but when it dropped everybody was like "all these publications have no idea what they're talking about this shyt is fire!! :krs: "

Usually it's just the Jay z it's aight gif at best. More gamepass fodder which is cool I guess but shame on me for thinking when this was originally announced it had the potential to actually be a great game.

nikkas willing to try this shyt in 30 frames is NASTY 🤢

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Just out of curiosity, when is the last time there was this much negativity surrounding a game's release but when it dropped everybody was like "all these publications have no idea what they're talking about this shyt is fire!! :krs: "

Usually it's just the Jay z it's aight gif at best. More gamepass fodder which was cool but shame on me for thinking when this was originally announced it had the potential to actually be a great game.

nikkas willing to try this shyt in 30 frames is NASTY 🤢
Most previews have been very positive.

The only “negativity” comes from sony stan’s on a hate campaign as usual.

Literally EVERY xbox game comes with a campaign of weirdos trying to tear it down.