Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Skillup ether

goddamn-wow.gif

He really wasn't fukking with this at ALL. :picard:

Like most Skill Up negative reviews, it definitely veers into being unnecessarily harsh, and comes off less as him coming to a negative conclusion over the span of his time with the game, and more like he decided the game was shyt early, and just looked for more reasons to confirm his original opinion.

That said, he has some valid points. I'm real fukking tired of the overwhelming majority of story and lore in games being collectible codex entries and audio logs. One, having to hunt all of them shyts down is annoying, and two, it's lazy as shyt to try sidestep shytty plot holes and explanations/justifications with "But you didn't complete the codex."

That shyt with there being absolutely no animated cutscenes is fukking CRAZY. It seems like there were maybe supposed to be some at some point, but maybe the stills with audio approach helped save time.

This shyt really sucks to see, man. I'm hoping this doesn't have any negative effect on whatever Arkane Lyon is working on.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
goddamn-wow.gif

He really wasn't fukking with this at ALL. :picard:

Like most Skill Up negative reviews, it definitely veers into being unnecessarily harsh, and comes off less as him coming to a negative conclusion over the span of his time with the game, and more like he decided the game was shyt early, and just looked for more reasons to confirm his original opinion.

That said, he has some valid points. I'm real fukking tired of the overwhelming majority of story and lore in games being collectible codex entries and audio logs. One, having to hunt all of them shyts down is annoying, and two, it's lazy as shyt to try sidestep shytty plot holes and explanations/justifications with "But you didn't complete the codex."

That shyt with there being absolutely no animated cutscenes is fukking CRAZY. It seems like there were maybe supposed to be some at some point, but maybe the stills with audio approach helped save time.

This shyt really sucks to see, man. I'm hoping this doesn't have any negative effect on whatever Arkane Lyon is working on.

I have 100% faith in Lyon they are 3/3 so far with the stuff I’ve played

x2y

SOHH Stupid
Supporter
Daps
Skillup ether

This review is spot on I played this yesterday and I was having the same issue with the aiming. Lets see if M$ throughs a couple bucks more at this game to make it a little better but $70 for this is highway robbery.

Bubba T

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Going to try this with some friends tonight - but this doesn’t look good at all. Xbox really needs a standout game too.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan

Skill Up ripped Microsoft a new butthole. He said what I said. This should have been canceled.

They can cancel Scalebound but put out trash like this? Either you reboot development or you just chalk this up as a L and cancel it. How can consumers trust you as a company if you putting out trash like this? First party needs to have a standard.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

Skill Up ripped Microsoft a new butthole. He said what I said. This should have been canceled.

They can cancel Scalebound but put out trash like this? Either you reboot development or you just chalk this up as a L and cancel it. How can consumers trust you as a company if you putting out trash like this? First party needs to have a standard.

I’ve heard people say people would be furious at microsoft for cancelling a newly bought studios big game in production, but they probably just shouldn’t have announced it at all. Maybe they mean internally.

This was the big “ONE MORE THING” of their 2021 showcase