Redfall looking like shyt outchea Update: COMING IN AT 30FPS LMAO

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Microsoft/Bethesda looking goofy because if that was the aim then just push it back until performance mode is ready. Microsoft just put a target on their back with everything that gets shown because now people will question if games are running on a gaming PC or series x.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
:snoop:

First off:

Adjective - Wikipedia

Far Cry, Wolfenstein, Titanfall, Destiny Half Life: first person shooters

Uncharted, Gears of War, GTA: third person shooters

Deus Ex, Dishonored: stealth shooters

They're all their own unique spins on the same gameplay base. And ultimately, with shooters, higher framerate is always beneficial and mostly preferred.
You said.
“A combat focused game where guns are your primary form of combat and interaction is a shooter”

You didn’t say anything about player perspective. :comeon:

And Redfall is an Immersive sim right along with Deus Ex and Dishonored.

Those games do not rely on twitch skills so framerate isn’t much of a priority which is why they’ve always been 30fps on consoles.

Wolfenstien, Titanfall, etc are reliant on twitch skills and accuracy which is why they’ve traditionally targeted 60fps.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Microsoft/Bethesda looking goofy because if that was the aim then just push it back until performance mode is ready. Microsoft just put a target on their back with everything that gets shown because now people will question if games are running on a gaming PC or series x.

Recent trailer ends with a xbox logo too and it’s still running on pc at 60fps

Say what you want about sony but all their marketing has “running on ps5” “running on pc” “not real gameplay” on them

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You said.
“A combat focused game where guns are your primary form of combat and interaction is a shooter”

You didn’t say anything about player perspective. :comeon:

And Redfall is an Immersive sim right along with Deus Ex and Dishonored.

Those games do not rely on twitch skills so framerate isn’t much of a priority which is why they’ve always been 30fps on consoles.

Wolfenstien, Titanfall, etc are reliant on twitch skills and accuracy which is why they’ve traditionally targeted 60fps.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps

Say what you want about sony but all their marketing has “running on ps5” “running on pc” “not real gameplay” on them

it says "not all images appear in the game"

they're talking about every other frame :troll:

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I actually appreciate when companies do that. When I was barely an actual adult, I used to get confused as shyt about why GTA4 looked so different in the commercials, compared to my TV. Never even crossed my mind that the footage was from a workstation, not an actual 360 or PS3. :mjlol:

@Legal

Destiny and Redfall would have a different “adjective” attached so what are u even arguing at this point :dahell:

That they're still both shooters. Not sure how long it's been since you had to go over what adjectives do, but they're used to describe a noun. Thusly, a third person shooter is still a shooter.

That's what the link was for. Figured you'd get it the second time it was posted.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I actually appreciate when companies do that. When I was barely an actual adult, I used to get confused as shyt about why GTA4 looked so different in the commercials, compared to my TV. Never even crossed my mind that the footage was from a workstation, not an actual 360 or PS3. :mjlol:

That they're still both shooters. Not sure how long it's been since you had to go over what adjectives do, but they're used to describe a noun. Thusly, a third person shooter is still a shooter.

That's what the link was for. Figured you'd get it the second time it was posted.

I think Sony actually do it for legal reasons

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

:stopitslime: All of Horizon footage was presented in pristine 60fps.

The 60fps mode was nothing like advertised when the game came out.

Y’all applaud deceit and attack honesty :smh:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

No it wasn’t the state of play was in 30fps, people were even questioning the devs about whether or not it had a performance mode

Almost all the marketing was in 30fps

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

You just categorized all those different “shooters” :stopitslime:

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps

I mean it did release with a 60fps mode tho, looked aight to me…

:manny: