Reddit post going viral after girl tries to compliment her boyfriend. Is being called “husband material” an insult?

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
See I think this is where women and men differ because most women would want to assume their guy fell in love with them at first sight and wanted more than just to have sex.
Dont confuse lust for sexual curiosity. We can mentally say “I would smash” but actually being next to a chick talking to her and seeing how she operates can enhance or blunt the curiosity. Most men are curious to start and build a lil profile to know if its a go. That said, I dont know anything about a woman to love her. I can be infatuated. If we have zero rapport, there is no love. If she looking like hot garbage that day, how does a man see her and get butterflies in his stomach? Its romcom logic, the same logic that says when a woman says no, stay persistent until its a yes. It isnt real life in most cases.

OliviaTwist

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Souf
Dont confuse lust for sexual curiosity. We can mentally say “I would smash” but actually being next to a chick talking to her and seeing how she operates can enhance or blunt the curiosity. Most men are curious to start and build a lil profile to know if its a go. That said, I dont know anything about a woman to love her. I can be infatuated. If we have zero rapport, there is no love. If she looking like hot garbage that day, how does a man see her and get butterflies in his stomach? Its romcom logic, the same logic that says when a woman says no, stay persistent until its a yes. It isnt real life in most cases.
I agree the notion is flawed.

But women

SheWantTheD

Veteran
Daps
It means the sexual and physical attraction ain't there off rip.

He'd make a great husband.. meaning he's responsible, consistent, etc.

Maddmike

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Men do the whole "which one would you fukk, marry, drop" shyt all the time

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:hubie:She just threw that relationship into the bushes. This reminds me of some shyt I went through.

I was called handsome by women of my age at various times, especially female friends. The guys they gave their attention to were described in much more colorful language. She inadvertently told him that she had her fun and he is the responsible guy who keeps her from being lonely. Ain't no man trying to hear that bullshyt, especially if its something he heard a lot in his youth.

"Why can't I meet a man like you??"

"bytch, here I am! :damn: " but then you get to see her ass with a new boyfriend or hookup every few months who are anything but like you.

When I was younger and one of my girlfriends was acting stupid and we were close to breaking up (we did), her momma said something along the lines of "My daughter is immature. But you're the kinda guy she's going to want in the long term".

She liked me because I used to check up on her and look out for her if she needed help with something.

At the time, I thought it was ill that she spoke on her daughter that way but, later on I realized she was saying I was a square and her daughter needed to run the streets first :mjcry:

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
When I was younger and one of my girlfriends was acting stupid and we were close to breaking up (we did), her momma said something along the lines of "My daughter is immature. But you're the kinda guy she's going to want in the long term".

She liked me because I used to check up on her and look out for her if she needed help with something.

At the time, I thought it was ill that she spoke on her daughter that way but, later on I realized she was saying I was a square and her daughter needed to run the streets first :mjcry:
Yup. She was going to go through holy hell that she was inviting into her life and then you would be in church and her mom would scope you out and give her your number. Being someone who has their act together and being told you are the choice AFTER they get to fukk around for ages is not a compliment. Gotta find that girl who sees you as her #1 draft pick, not a mid-season acquisition from the buyout market.

RaspberryFitted

Boyz In Motion Member
Daps
Reppin
G-Co
What I have experience is women wanting FWB or Hookups, then pivoting to seeking more once they found out how much I made and how I was living as a young man. So mine was on the other end of the spectrum, and truthfully those outcomes were bad to me too. Since they did not think of me as anything serious, until they saw I was living seriously.
Was stopping communication with those women the only option you took or did you communicate with them that you can be sexual AND have a good head on your shoulders

It is scary how those two in many people’s eyes are split

EDIT: ashamed I even typed that dumb shyt out. There’s no communicating with someone who simply does not to share a sexual connection with you

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Men do the whole "which one would you fukk, marry, drop" shyt all the time
Yeah but the girls we always chose to marry were also girls we'd fukk immediately.

You never chose to marry the homely looking girl who wasn't that attractive but cooked a mean peach cobbler.

Ski Mask

Friendzone: Collection 1
Daps
Reppin
Vegas/seattle
It depends if the dude slept around he's less likely to see it as an insult compared to someone who's only able to get sex in a relationship, which may say something about his attraction level.

mag357

Superstar
Daps
Being a husband or a boyfriend you gotta have some sucka in you already.

That's why when a women says sht like that, it burns your soul.
That's the only time the truth kinda hits you a bit.
She really wanna give that p*ssy up to outside nikkaz who get her p*ssy wet.

But she met you and you're a good guy that cared.

Awwwww