Red Dead Redemption 2 | PS4/XB1/PC | Out Now

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Sounds like they took all the things we liked in GTA SA and rolled them into RD redemp 2.

Many folks have been asking for the last 2 GTAs: GTA 4 and 5 to put some of those old GTA SA customizations in for the single player story.

That is also one of the reasons that online story/play is more fun on GTA 5 than single player.

Last edited:

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Now if the ending can be as shocking as red dead redemption this will go down as one of the greatest games of all time like its predecessor.

Dushane Hill

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Squamish, British Columbia
I really like what I'm reading about hunting. In RDR1 it was just a case of killing the animal, skinning them and then selling the meat.

This time around it seems like you can make clothes out of them and other items, I also read how you actually see in detail Arthur skinning them this time around.

I'm most looking forward to the legendary animals, wonder what they'll be. Sounds like customisation options for weapons, horses and clothing will be pretty extensive.

Although all this sounds great I'm not gonna set my expectations too high just because before GTA V came out it sounded like it was gonna be the greatest game of all time but it turned out to be a big disappointment.

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
Nothing will top this
I really like what I'm reading about hunting. In RDR1 it was just a case of killing the animal, skinning them and then selling the meat.

This time around it seems like you can make clothes out of them and other items, I also read how you actually see in detail Arthur skinning them this time around.

I'm most looking forward to the legendary animals, wonder what they'll be. Sounds like customisation options for weapons, horses and clothing will be pretty extensive.

Although all this sounds great I'm not gonna set my expectations too high just because before GTA V came out it sounded like it was gonna be the greatest game of all time but it turned out to be a big disappointment.

I thought Legendary animals were restricted to Undead Nightmare? Unless you mean like the special wolves and shyt

Dushane Hill

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Nothing will top this

I thought Legendary animals were restricted to Undead Nightmare? Unless you mean like the special wolves and shyt

This is what I was thinking, but a handful of the previews have mentioned them returning.

I'm assuming this time around they're just rare variations of bears, wolves, crocodiles, horses, mountain lions etc. but in a realistic sense, they're size or coat patterns might be what makes them rare/legendary. I doubt it will be anything like it was in Undead Nightmare.

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Yes a huge disappointment. First time I never finished a GTA game.

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
The horses testicles shrinking in accordance to the weather and the weight mechanic from San Andreas making a return? I'm sold :heh: I'm not a fan of westerns but RDR had one of the greatest stories in gaming history along with one of the most memomarble protagonist I've seen. Not big on multiplayer either but I clocked countless of hours in the multiplayer. Ran and fought across the map for nearly three hours one time with everyone in the room trying to collect the bounty that was on my head. Going back to John, this is R* and a prequel (and I don't recall Arthur being mentioned as alive in RDR :mjpls:) so it'll be some major fan service if Arthur is replaced by John at the end of this as the playable character like John was replaced by Jack at the conclusion of RDR. In any case, these little details like needing to repair your weapons and eat can work for or against this game, so I'm hoping R* gets the balance right.

Last edited:

Brief Keef

Superstar
Daps
The horses testicles shrinking in accordance to the weather and the weight mechanic from San Andreas making a return? I'm sold :heh: I'm not a fan of westerns but RDR had one of the greatest stories in gaming history along with one of the most memomarble protagonist I've seen. Not big on multiplayer either but I clocked countless of hours in the multiplayer. Ran and fought across the map for nearly three hours one time with everyone in the room trying to collect the bounty that was on my head. Going back to John, this is R* and a prequel (and I don't recall Arthur being mentioned as alive in RDR :mjpls:) so it'll be some major fan service if Arthur is replaced by John at the end of this as the playable character like John was replaced by Jack at the conclusion of RDR. In any case, these little details like needing to repair your weapons and eat can work for or against this game, so I'm hoping R* gets the balance right.
arthur is the only playable character...you wont get to play as anyone else its been confirmed

Dushane Hill

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
arthur is the only playable character...you wont get to play as anyone else its been confirmed

IMO we'll play as John Marston at some point during the game. Possibly at the end or maybe just for one mission during the story. It would be a nice touch as JM was one of the best Rockstar protagonists and a lot of people would like the opportunity to play as him again.