Red Dead Redemption 2 | PS4/XB1/PC | Out Now

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
he's right tho... if not, start naming them

people always want to pretend this and that game do better... do they have the same number of vehicles, planes, bikes, boats, motorcycles, golf carts, etc... do they have 40-50 weapons... do the graphics and city scope match up? animals... side games.. clothing... stores.. side missions.. fukkery...

take a game like saints row and the city look basic, the cars look basic,etc, etc

now you can say a game like skyrim.... crazy detail and a million miles long and books and items etc etc... but the graphics suck and the combat is all over the place
They try to look like Rockstar and smell.like Rockstar but they not rockstar.

They have mastered open world.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
They try to look like Rockstar and smell.like Rockstar but they not rockstar.

They have mastered open world.
it's the little details too

shyt like getting out your car and hearing the radiator ping... having fully functional phones that take pics, go to internet sites, and have functional apps... radio station with real dj's and music from 15 different genre's plus talk radio.. all the different cars having different driving specs, even down to the mustangs being rear wheel and the subarus being 4 wheel, plus customizing.. so much shyt goes into it, besides just being a world, that makes it feel real

other games keep trying, but they don't put that much time, money or effort into it

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps

shyt like getting out your car and hearing the radiator ping... having fully functional phones that take pics, go to internet sites, and have functional apps... radio station with real dj's and music from 15 different genre's plus talk radio.. all the different cars having different driving specs, even down to the mustangs being rear wheel and the subarus being 4 wheel, plus customizing.. so much shyt goes into it, besides just being a world, that makes it feel real

other games keep trying, but they don't put that much time, money or effort into it
Then on pc?

The mods?

Unrealnthe level you can take the game to. Shame they never worked with the modding community to allow the game to become even more immersive

:banderas:

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family

Pretty much Everything you wrote is in watch dogs 2.

And the Npc interactions in watch dogs 2>>>>gta v.

You walk around in boxers in wd2 people actually react to you and comment on it. You take a photo of someone they react. You'll walk up to people and see them having their own little stories play out.

I remember a couple having a fight snd then the dude just sucker punchs the girl.

Then later on saw a girl smashing in her bfs car windshield.

You hear a song in game take out your phone use your Shazam like app and the song is added to your in game library. That game is filled with brilliant little details that make the world feel real.

I was bored in gta vs world. It was very sterile. Couldn't go in practically 0 buildings and half the map was barren land.

Rockstar open world is not nearly as impressive as it used to be. Music and radio stuff is still great though I'll give that to them.

Rockstar has the biggest budget and the game size is impressive no doubt,but the idea that they're head and shoulders above everyone and can do wrong and nobody is close to them is just false.

Last edited:

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Pretty much Everything you wrote is in watch dogs 2.

And the Npc interactions in watch dogs 2>>>>gta v.

You walk around in boxers in wd2 people actually react to you and comment on it. You take a photo of someone they react. You'll walk up to people and see them having their own little stories play out.

I remember a couple having a fight snd then the dude just sucker punchs the girl.

Then later on saw a girl smashing in her bfs car windshield.

You hear a song in game take out your phone use your Shazam like app and the song is added to your in game library. That game is filled with brilliant little details that make the world feel real.

I was bored in gta vs world. It was very sterile. Couldn't go in practically 0 buildings and half the map was barren land.

Rockstar open world is not nearly as impressive as it used to be. Music and radio stuff is still great though I'll give that to them.

Rockstar has the biggest budget and the game size is impressive no doubt,but the idea that they're head and shoulders above everyone and can do wrong and nobody is close to them is just false.
i didn't say other games have NOTHING... i said they don't incorporate it all into one

i played and beat both watch dogs.. yes they have these things you listed. plus the hacking

but look at the selection of whips, look at the shyttiest driving mechanics in gaming.. look the shooting and guns.. the stale ass side missions.. the rinse wash repeat of the missions

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
i didn't say other games have NOTHING... i said they don't incorporate it all into one

i played and beat both watch dogs.. yes they have these things you listed. plus the hacking

but look at the selection of whips, look at the shyttiest driving mechanics in gaming.. look the shooting and guns.. the stale ass side missions.. the rinse wash repeat of the missions
GTA v had some of the worst missions I've ever played in a AAA game.

An actual mission was going to a family therapy session .
:snoop:

Gta v was worse than 4 and 4 was worse than San Andreas. The series has been regressing.

And wd2 only had 2 bad side missions so I don't know what you're on about. It was the best Ubisoft game from a mission stand point in a long time.

And we really gon act like gta has great driving or gunplay :francis: shyt is mediocre at best.

Matter of fact I'll just go and say it. Gta v is the most over rated game in the last 20 years of gaming. The story sucked,the characters were unlikable,the missions that were anything but heists were wack,the humour is corny and cringe inducing if you're older than 13 and the world was big,empty and boring. Beating that game felt like a chore.

That games praise comes from it being called grand theft auto and not it's actually merit as a quality game.

Red dead 1>>>>>>>>>gta v and it's not even close.

Last edited:

Rakim Allah

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles

Gta v was worse than 4 and 4 was worse than San Andreas. The series has been regressing.

And wd2 only had 2 bad side missions so I don't know what you're on about. It was the best Ubisoft game from a mission stand point in a long time.

And we really gon act like gta has great driving or gunplay :francis: shyt is mediocre at best.

Matter of fact I'll just go and say it. Gta v is the most over rated game in the last 20 years of gaming. The story sucked,the characters were unlikable,the missions that were anything but heists were wack,the humour is corny and cringe inducing if you're older than 13 and the world was big,empty and boring. Beating that game felt like a chore.

That games praise comes from it being called grand theft auto and not it's actually merit as a quality game.

V took a huge dump on boring azz IV.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps

Who's still playing GTA 5 for the story:dahell:

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
V took a huge dump on boring azz IV.
And that's not even debatable as far as I'm concerned...

I attribute this IV is better nonsense to nikkas just love to hate new shyt because it honestly makes no god damn sense...

I'd bet my left nut nobody on this forum has played IV for as long as I have...I played that game for damn near a decade, in no way shape or form is it fukking with V on any level...

Graphics, physics, gameplay...V shyts on it...