Red Dead Redemption 2 | PS4/XB1/PC | Out Now

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Yes,they were,but rockstar has grown as a company and has made insane profits.

EA,UBI,Activision all seem to have no problem releasing games and they all release great games that find big audiences.

Like I said,people give rockstar excuses when they should be asking questions.

It's a double standard. Gta v wasn't the best game ever made. This whole quality thing is just an excuse I've seen now touted because they want to excuse a company making record profits thats sitting on its hands. They used to release quality AND quantity and they have the resources to still do that.

Instead they're just raking in cash from shark cards hand over fist. Any other company would be fukking crucified for this.
No open world game is better or more detailed then gta5.

And rockstar employees are slaves who put in stupid work to get the job done.

I think ur being insensitive.

But that's probably the issue. They don't want to spend the extra dough to expand the development team to newbs

SleezyBigSlim

Banned
Daps
It's crowded this fall anyways. It's not like PlayStation needs it, $199 Horizon bundle will slay everything this holiday.

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
a game cant be 'delayed' if there was never an official release date...anyway, not surprised...rockstar still living off gtav online, so they are in no rush to make a new game...

also, they dont wanna release the game around so much comp....to release in the fall this year means going against destiny 2, cod, and whatever else we dont know about yet....but mainly destiny 2....people might laugh, but destiny 2 is gonna make a lot of companies move their games this year....
They gave a release window and now thay release window is around 6 months later than what they originally said. That's a delay

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They gave a release window and now thay release window is around 6 months later than what they originally said. That's a delay

no, it's not...till it has an official date, it's not delayed...it just didnt make the window they were shooting for...

Olu Dara

^^^^^^^^^^^^
Supporter
Daps
no, it's not...till it has an official date, it's not delayed...it just didnt make the window they were shooting for...
It's delayed. If it takes longer to develop than planned it's delayed.
The fact that the exact release date wasn't made public is irrelevant to the developement cycle.

ball15life

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The unknown
Not that big of a deal. R* keeps setting the bar higher and higher, and people expect them to live up to it. Funny thing is, in most cases they end up meeting or exceeding that bar.

I have a feeling some GTAV single player content is going to get released in the meantime between now and then. They wont show up empty this holiday season

Heretic

GOLDGANG...
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
Not that big of a deal. R* keeps setting the bar higher and higher, and people expect them to live up to it. Funny thing is, in most cases they end up meeting or exceeding that bar.

I have a feeling some GTAV single player content is going to get released in the meantime between now and then. They wont show up empty this holiday season

I love GTAV and I'm hoping they drop something single player related but if they haven't by now then chances are that they won't which is a shame, hell I'd take more theists, that's the only thing that will get me back online. fukkin infants ruined online to me.

ball15life

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The unknown
I love GTAV and I'm hoping they drop something single player related but if they haven't by now then chances are that they won't which is a shame, hell I'd take more theists, that's the only thing that will get me back online. fukkin infants ruined online to me.

Didn't even think of heists. They can definitely release another 5 of those and I'll be good to go

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
he's right tho... if not, start naming them

people always want to pretend this and that game do better... do they have the same number of vehicles, planes, bikes, boats, motorcycles, golf carts, etc... do they have 40-50 weapons... do the graphics and city scope match up? animals... side games.. clothing... stores.. side missions.. fukkery...

take a game like saints row and the city look basic, the cars look basic,etc, etc

now you can say a game like skyrim.... crazy detail and a million miles long and books and items etc etc... but the graphics suck and the combat is all over the place

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's delayed. If it takes longer to develop than planned it's delayed.
The fact that the exact release date wasn't made public is irrelevant to the developement cycle.

actually, the fact the release date wasnt public is the most relevant thing...you cant delay something that had no release date/set time to come out...they threw out the 'fall 2017' to get people talking, that was it...it's a cheap and easy tactic people use in all forms of entertainment, from movies to cds to video games, etc......if the game was really gonna come out fall 2017, by now, we wouldve seen/heard more about it...we havent seen/heard shyt cause they never intended the game to come out during that time, hence it wasnt delayed....