Red Dead Redemption 2 | PS4/XB1/PC | Out Now

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
People don't want to hear it,but the Rockstar we used to love is dead.

The success of gta v online has changed them forever.

They're going to try to make red dead into a huge online game,and use it as a service based game,just watch.

I'm not saying red dead 2 won't be incredible,I'm just saying,Rockstar is not the same company anymore.

There's a reason they've gone from releasing many games to none. They don't need to. They make too much money to care.

Ill just say,I'm very curious how this game turns out without Leslie benz in the company anymore.

Captain Crunch

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NY
Also, this shyt ain't hitting Spring either.:pachaha:

GTA IV was first announced for Fall 07 and later dropped in April 08, while GTA V only got delayed once.

@Prodigal Syndicate
Games were much cheaper and easier to make 10+ years ago, hence the abundance of R* titles from 01-07. R* places a premium on quality, so we shouldn't get mad that we won't see GTA 6 til 2020 or PS5 era.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
GTA IV was first announced for Fall 07 and later dropped in April 08, while GTA V only got delayed once.

@Prodigal Syndicate
Games were much cheaper and easier to make 10+ years ago, hence the abundance of R* titles from 01-07. R* places a premium on quality, so we shouldn't get mad that we won't see GTA 6 til 2020 or PS5 era.
Yes,they were,but rockstar has grown as a company and has made insane profits.

EA,UBI,Activision all seem to have no problem releasing games and they all release great games that find big audiences.

Like I said,people give rockstar excuses when they should be asking questions.

It's a double standard. Gta v wasn't the best game ever made. This whole quality thing is just an excuse I've seen now touted because they want to excuse a company making record profits thats sitting on its hands. They used to release quality AND quantity and they have the resources to still do that.

Instead they're just raking in cash from shark cards hand over fist. Any other company would be fukking crucified for this.

Last edited:

Dushane Hill

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Squamish, British Columbia
People don't want to hear it,but the Rockstar we used to love is dead.

The success of gta v online has changed them forever.

They're going to try to make red dead into a huge online game,and use it as a service based game,just watch.

I'm not saying red dead 2 won't be incredible,I'm just saying,Rockstar is not the same company anymore.

There's a reason they've gone from releasing many games to none. They don't need to. They make too much money to care.

Ill just say,I'm very curious how this game turns out without Leslie benz in the company anymore.

This.

GTA V was the start of their downfall, to the point where I'm not even looking forward to the next GTA.

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
giphy.gif

And in other news, water is wet and fire is hot.
Next up is Xenoblade 2 (frames per second). That game Nintendo announced for 2017 that nobody actually thinks is coming out this year.

Mr_X

Banned
Daps
The same people bytching in this thread and saying Rockstar fell off are the same that are going to buy RDR 2 on the day it's released. They're also the same people bytching because games like Assassin's Creed are released yearly:mjlol:

I love the original GTA trilogy but those games looked graphically outdated even before release. The developments costs and time needed to develop a AAA game like RDR2 with its scale, graphics and level of detail is obviously much higher nowadays.