Recore -OT- [In collaboration with Keiji Inafune and the makers of Metroid Prime] XB1 exclusive

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
64 on meta, feel free to add to title OP.

well well well....another steaming hot pile of average to shyt for an exclusive.

GearsHaloForza Box as usual.

image.png

@Fatboi1
@Cladyclad
@Mowgli

They cysed Larryfall and it's not even exclusive no more :mjlol:
Cysed quantum break and it was a critically panned and selling flop :dead:
Halo 5 selling subpar all because of racist cac Xbots hatin on the brother Locke (yet yall stan for these clowns) :scust:
Cyse Forza even though it sells like shyt compared to Gran Turismo (even average ass GT6 tripled any Forza sale :mjlol: )

Better pray Gears is good cause that's all ya got.

Looking out at my Xbox, dat shyt lookin’ scarce
Flop after flop, got my nikkaz in tears
Getting clowned by @Mowgli and that nikka @Cladyclad too
Aint got shyt to say and don’t know what else to do
The only thing on my mind, I’m tryin’ to keep up the good fight
@MeachTheMonster on netflix, guess no gaming tonight :(
shyt aint going too well, hopin for Ryse Part 2
I preordered Quantum Break and that shyt was doo doo :(
Everything takes time, Scorpio pleasecome fast
My larrybox nikkaz in line, mods don't got our back
I bought a 4k set, but knowing upscaled 720p is wack
Flabbynsick ass nikkaz, why we always losing...nooooooooooooooooooo :why:

giphy.gif

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
well well well....another steaming hot pile of average to shyt for an exclusive.

image.png

@Fatboi1
@Cladyclad
@Mowgli

Halo 5 selling subpar all because of racist cac Xbots hatin on the brother Locke (yet yall stan for these clowns) :scust:
Cyse Forza even though it sells like shyt compared to Gran Turismo (even GT6 tripled any Forza sale :mjlol: )

giphy.gif
:banderas:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

image.png

@Fatboi1
@Cladyclad
@Mowgli

Cyse Forza even though it sells like shyt compared to Gran Turismo (even average ass GT6 tripled any Forza sale :mjlol: )

giphy.gif
Did you really type all this up and feel good about it?

Damn clown :mjlol:

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
Xbox ain't had a good exclusive since Halo 5 in October 2015. I can imagine how bad this console would sell if MS/Retailers didn't have a dog azz deal every week. The Xbox has nothing but its core 3. And one of the core 3 is a genre(racers) that seem to be on life support :manny:

TBH it's just Gears & Halo like always :snoop:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven

image.png

@Fatboi1
@Cladyclad
@Mowgli

giphy.gif

So much effort...

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Xbox ain't had a good exclusive since Halo 5 in October 2015. I can imagine how bad this console would sell if MS/Retailers didn't have a dog azz deal every week. The Xbox has nothing but its core 3. And one of the core 3 is a genre(racers) that seem to be on life support :manny:

Type up diatribes about Xbox cause you are insecure brehs :smh:

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
compare shyt brehs
:usure:
You bought this?
I didn't have to :boss:

So Forza is on Life Support? Cuz I was under thee impression it was doing better than EVER at the moment.
Its really sad that so many sony gamers CHOOSE to be clueless on what the competition has to offer :wow:
Bruh, Forza Horizon 3 is in the running for best racer ever made. Now that its "Next, Next-Gen" supported as well :banderas:
It aint even out yet :mjlol:
The funniest part about this post is the mjlol at the end like if you have any idea what I have, or who I'm affiliated with :ld:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Promising Microsoft-Published ReCore Hampered By Long Loading Times On Xbox One

irlnzgi4wpatmqdndrti.png

It can take more than two minutes to respawn in the Xbox One version of the new open-world action game ReCore, though sometimes it takes just three seconds. Traversal inside the game’s handful of major zones is smooth, but transitioning from one to another, which players are encouraged to do, can take 30-60 seconds.

These loading time issues are surprising to see in a game published by a first-party like Microsoft and are already affecting response to a game that won’t even be out until tomorrow.

A video of one of the game’s two-minute respawns made the rounds on Twitter this past weekend.

Some reviews hitting today also cite the game’s long loading times, similar to the ones I’ve experienced playing the Xbox One version of the game. I haven’t been able to test the PC version yet, though a reviewer atPC World said load times for them, using a generally fast-loading solid-state drive, were about 30 seconds.

Microsoft is aware of the issue, telling Kotaku in a statement that: “Your experience with the game includes the Day One patch consumers will receive on September 13. We are aware that even with the Day One patch, players can still experience long load times in a couple areas of the game. We appreciate player feedback and are committed to improving where we can.”

It’s unclear just what new patches are underway and what they can or will address.

ReCore is an unusual release. It’s an original game featuring a main character, Joule Adams, who teams up with robotic buddies to explore and fight through an alien desert expanse that is full of massive, mostly wrecked terraforming stations and equipment. It’s from an all-star set of studios, including the Japanese Comcept team headed by Mega Man lead creator Keiji Inafune and Microsoft Game Studio, though the primary developers are Armature, a Texas indie helmed by the lead creators of the acclaimed Metroid Prime games. The game is getting a full disc release and can also be played on PC via the new “Xbox Play Anywhere” program, but is selling at launch for just $40.

Fittingly, ReCore also presents an odd specimen when playing it. I haven’t finished the game, hence the lack of a Kotaku review just yet, but I can say that some of its well-designed fundamentals are tripped up by incompatible technical restrictions. The game wants players to explore its big world and wants you moving from zone to zone and back to HQ frequently, but the slow loading times for those transitions make that backtracking excessively arduous. As with the Prime games, players gain new abilities as they play that should make them eager to try them out to access previously inaccessible areas. If only fast-traveling back didn’t involve a two-minute wait.

The slow death respawns are also vexing. ReCore generally isn’t that difficult, so the risk of dying is usually minimal, but wandering off the main path will get a player into some tough battles. Oddly, the game appears to be able to revive players from certain kinds of deaths very quickly. One room in an area of the game called The Warren requires some careful jumping and climbing over a pool of toxic, fatal green liquid. Sometimes, when I fell and died in that room, my character would respawn in just three seconds. Other times, possibly because I had gotten zapped by lasers that are also shooting through the room, my death would trigger a full reload that took about 75 seconds.

Some major releases, such as Uncharted 4, are nearly devoid of loading times, though open-world games tend to require more waiting. I’m playing The Witcher 3 on my PS4 and it can take about 90 seconds to reload after I’m killed in battle. Moving from one end of the map to another using that game’s fast-travel warp system usually takes 20-30 seconds.

Loading times aren’t exactly extinct from modern gaming, especially on consoles. But if the game they’re part of wants players to backtrack a lot or fight tough enemies, then they can be a problem. So far, ReCore’s long loading times are an incentive for me to play better to avoid getting killed but also a dis-incentive to explore, which is a shame considering how visually interesting its world is and how fun it tends to be to explore its nooks and crannies.

I’ll be testing the game on PC as well and will be checking if the game’s performance on console is patched. I’ll have a review, in which I’ll try to avoid mentioning Metroid Prime in every single paragraph, later this week.