Recore -OT- [In collaboration with Keiji Inafune and the makers of Metroid Prime] XB1 exclusive

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
Game is cool, but definitely has a "budget" vibe to it. Thankfully its cheap.

Combat is fun and innovative. I hope they come out with a multiplayer option though, as that could be a way more fun experience.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The lies in this thread is unfathomable. You don't gotta lie to kick it. I admitted Knack was garbage. Admit this shyt is wack too and be real

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Game is cool, but definitely has a "budget" vibe to it. Thankfully its cheap.

Combat is fun and innovative. I hope they come out with a multiplayer option though, as that could be a way more fun experience.
What's innovative about the combat. I plan on picking this up soon regardless but was interested in what you saw combat wise in this game that you haven't seen in any other game.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
What's innovative about the combat. I plan on picking this up soon regardless but was interested in what you saw combat wise in this game that you haven't seen in any other game.
The lock on function makes it seem simple run of the mill shooting. But once you get a bit further in the game, you have to manage what color you are shooting at which enemy. There's risk/reward in trying to extract cores as apposed to just killing the enemy's. Also each color of enemy has a different type of attack, so you'll find yourself jumping and boosting all around the place to avoid the different types of attacks. I have not even unlocked the other robot companions yet, so I don't know what extra they will bring to the combat.

Not sure if you will call that "innovative" but it's definitely more challenging and fun than I first expected.

Honestly the platforming and combat in this game are great.

It's everything else that seems to be the problem.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
The lock on function makes it seem simple run of the mill shooting. But once you get a bit further in the game, you have to manage what color you are shooting at which enemy. There's risk/reward in trying to extract cores as apposed to just killing the enemy's. Also each color of enemy has a different type of attack, so you'll find yourself jumping and boosting all around the place to avoid the different types of attacks. I have not even unlocked the other robot companions yet, so I don't know what extra they will bring to the combat.

Not sure if you will call that "innovative" but it's definitely more challenging and fun than I first expected.

Honestly the platforming and combat in this game are great.

It's everything else that seems to be the problem.
Sounds a lot like ratchet and clank which isn't a bad thing. I could definitely use another game like that.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Sounds a lot like ratchet and clank which isn't a bad thing. I could definitely use another game like that.
It doesn't really play like ratchet n clank. I always felt R&C was more of a shooter than platformer.

It may seem like a weird comparison, but it feels like crackdown to play, and the level design is reminiscent of something like Jak n Daxter.

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music

The entire core concept is pretty cool. The combat is fast paced like Gunstar Heros meets Panzer Dragon.

I play it in a theater with a 100 inch screen so the game is fukking immersive as hell to me.

Lego Jurassic Park is also pretty good also.