Essential Recent Pick Ups: Arcadium Edition

Daps
Reppin
SN1
Tekken Tag Tournament 2 for $20
Capcom Digital Collection for $20 (Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix & Final Fight 2 + 6 games I'll never play)

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I love that modem. The amount of traffic you can run through it and not have one stutter is crazy
Yeah it bonds 16 downstream channels together. It maxes out at 686 Mbps. It should be a long time before I need a different modem.

JerkPork

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL
IMG_0194_zpsxxgzpodn.jpg

Picked up a second router to use as a wireless bridge. That modem basically came free with it and it's a damn good modem. I thought about selling it but since I had to open it to get the UPC for the mail in rebate I just decided to keep it.

2nd router was $289.99
- $50 mail in rebate
so $239.99 for both the router and modem. I sold my old 2nd router for $120 so for the left over $120 I got both that new router and modem.

Xenoblade came with $10 off some pizza for some reason.

Save some $$ and get these instead of that second router.

You're losing half the bandwidth when you wireless bridge. Not as much with the powerline adapters.

If you want to keep that second router for the sake of wifi in another part of the house, just put it in AP mode and connect it to the powerline adapter.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Save some $$ and get these instead of that second router.

You're losing half the bandwidth when you wireless bridge. Not as much with the powerline adapters.

If you want to keep that second router for the sake of wifi in another part of the house, just put it in AP mode and connect it to the powerline adapter.

It's not losing half the bandwidth. It's forsaking wireless entirely to only use the Ethernet ports. The second router only uses the wireless portion to communicate with the main router everything using it has to be plugged into it.

JerkPork

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL
It's not losing half the bandwidth. It's forsaking wireless entirely to only use the Ethernet ports. The second router only uses the wireless portion to communicate with the main router everything using it has to be plugged into it.

My bad, confused it with a repeater bridge, I still think you get the best bang for the buck using the powerline adapters instead though. It's the next best thing short of running an Ethernet cable across the room.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
IMG_0202_zpsfc3qpp6b.jpg

If this is worth it I'll likely dump my iPad, Nexus 7, and Sony Vaio laptop and just roll with this. I cheaped out and got a Pro 3. Skipped on the type cover as I have a Bluetooth keyboard and mouse and really only plan to use it as a tablet. Was $699 at Best Buy. the edu coupon brought it down to $599. Used a $25 off Amex offer and put the rest on my Discover with Apple Pay for 11% cash back. Also used the $50 gift card from the Nest and a $10 cert.

Final cost should be $426 after taxes and before selling all that other optional stuff.

Dat Migo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Boston
If this is worth it I'll likely dump my iPad, Nexus 7, and Sony Vaio laptop and just roll with this. I cheaped out and got a Pro 3. Skipped on the type cover as I have a Bluetooth keyboard and mouse and really only plan to use it as a tablet. Was $699 at Best Buy. the edu coupon brought it down to $599. Used a $25 off Amex offer and put the rest on my Discover with Apple Pay for 11% cash back. Also used the $50 gift card from the Nest and a $10 cert.

Final cost should be $426 after taxes and before selling all that other optional stuff.

Worth it for me. I use mine as my main computer. What version you get?

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Worth it for me. I use mine as my main computer. What version you get?
I got the cheapest Pro 3 they had. 128 GBs and 4GBs of ram with a Core i3. I been using this and I think I'll keep my iPad but dump my laptop and Nexus. They should pay for this. At least I'm getting use of my Bluetooth keyboard and mouse. I didn't like the keyboard cause it's long and has an iPad slot but using it on the surface means I don't need to waste the USB slot.

It's a lil slow but all in all it meets the needs I have for it. I can watch my videos on it and surf the web. I've always had two tablets so the iPad can be my secondary to replace the Nexus which I hate.

1970s HeRon Flow

Takin Penitentiary Chances
Daps
Reppin
Down Slauson Ave

finally got the last package from BB that i placed more the two weeks ago :stopitslime:
picked up these Astro A50s and said fukk it might as well get the matching controller,got a 64gb ipod touch cuz apple product for some reason bump louder then android products,using it strictly for gym and spotify,and my mophie powerstation XL to power any thing ultiple times on the go or right next to me if im too lazy to put it to charge my stuff from wall outlet