Recent DNA Study (2018) Shows African Origin Of Two Egyptian Noblemen

Anhur

All Star
Daps
lol I notice there's some raging cac on YT where everytime I'm looking up something related to this topic I see his videos in the searches.

:snoop: @Diasporan Royalty

I no longer trust the geneticists because of bs like this. I just can't understand how they expect us to believe this. Africans couldn't travel above the Sahara because of the desert but Eurasians somehow managed to keep migrating and spreading their genes in "sub saharan" Africa. When African DNA is present in Arabia or elsewhere it's due to slavery. Us Africans need to start studying genetic on our own and publish our own studies.

The Odum of Ala Igbo

Hail Biafra!
Daps
Reppin
The Republic of Biafra
I no longer trust the geneticists because of bs like this. I just can't understand how they expect us to believe this. Africans couldn't travel above the Sahara because of the desert but Eurasians somehow managed to keep migrating and spreading their genes in "sub saharan" Africa. When African DNA is present in Arabia or elsewhere it's due to slavery. Us Africans need to start studying genetic on our own and publish our own studies.

Black geneticists in South Africa will do it. But right now, I imagine most of their geneticists are focusing on food crops and microorganisms.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
lol I notice there's some raging cac on YT where everytime I'm looking up something related to this topic I see his videos in the searches.

:snoop: @Diasporan Royalty

Ehhh... I already know this YouTuber and NO she is NOT a geneticist nor anyone important in the field just yet another online Eurocentric blogger trying to Eurasianize Africa. She has been refuted many times.

Subscribe to this channel. Im cool wit this YouTuber and we speak on Facebook.
davidcici11Evolution

You'll thank me later.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
Since when did Haplogroup E become Eurasian in origin......:what::what::what:

Its not. They been trying to Eurasianize it for the longest without realizing that it'll backfire HEAVY on them. Its mostly Southern Europeans.

Heres what happens... A Southern European or Levantine Arab takes a DNA test for his paternal clade. His Y-DNA comes back E-V13 or something similar under the E1b branch of E. They become insecure and now the WHOLE E Haplogroup MUST be Eurasian. Don't even get me started on the many E lineages found in the Mediterranean or WORSE as far as Indian during ancient times but thats ANOTHER story.

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
Ehhh... I already know this YouTuber and NO she is NOT a geneticist nor anyone important in the field just yet another online Eurocentric blogger trying to Eurasianize Africa. She has been refuted many times.

davidcici11Evolution

You'll thank me later.

that broad is pressed :skip:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

davidcici11Evolution

You'll thank me later.
I checked out some of the videos on that YT channel. The background music and some of the annotations in the video really could be left out or improved. it seems really low quality with hard to see red text over a hustle hard beat :skip:

Is there any good videos of debates about this in a more formal setting? Only one was the Dr.John Henry Clarke video but I want to see another one. I seen Robin Walker mention one in a video that was almost an hour long but I can't find it. he says it's called the great debate.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
I checked out some of the videos on that YT channel. The background music and some of the annotations in the video really could be left out or improved. it seems really low quality with hard to see red text over a hustle hard beat :skip:

Is there any good videos of debates about this in a more formal setting? Only one was the Dr.John Henry Clarke video but I want to see another one. I seen Robin Walker mention one in a video that was almost an hour long but I can't find it. he says it's called the great debate.

If you want to learn the BASICS about African/AE genetic history then I would follow this guy over Robin Walker imo.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
If you want to learn the BASICS about African/AE genetic history then I would follow this guy over Robin Walker imo.
Robin Walkers book is comprehensive and chronicles African history extensively but this seems good in addition. It's far too disjointed to start with.

Last edited:

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
Robin Walkers book is comprehensive and chronicles African history extensively but this seems good in addition. It's far too disjointed to start with.
Yes it is. But the thing is Walkers is not a geneticists nor in the field of Bio-Anthropology but just a historian and it shows when he tries to discuss BA. He can not refute a person like Phoenician7 but the Youtuber I linked to you can and has done so many times.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yes it is. But the thing is Walkers is not a geneticists nor in the field of Bio-Anthropology but just a historian and it shows when he tries to discuss BA. He can not refute a person like Phoenician7 but the Youtuber I linked to you can and has done so many times.
I understand that, I'm just saying all this genetic talk and genealogy is new to me so it's all going over my head.

Kilgore Trout

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
So it seems yet another Egyptian(s) has been tested for DNA and it has come out as African. While the two brothers (half brothers?) weren't Egyptian rulers they were high ranking Egyptian noblemen.

Khnum Nakht

manchester_museum_1099.jpg

Nakht Ankh

manchester_museum_1100.jpg

Modern DNA testing confirms the African profile of the two Egyptian mummies:

"We study the kinship of two high-status Egyptians from the 12th Dynasty.. Ancient DNA was extracted from the teeth of the two mummies.. Sequences were obtained after hybridization capture of mtDNA and Y chromosome DNA.. Both mummies belong to mt haplotype M1a1, suggesting a maternal relationship.... Y DNA sequences showed variations, indicating that the mummies had different fathers..The SNP identities were consistent with mtDNA haplogroup M1a1 with 88.05–91.27% degree of confidence, thus confirming the African origins of the two individuals."
--Drosoua et al. 2018. The kinship of two 12th Dynasty mummies revealed by ancient DNA sequencing. Jrnl of Ar Sci, v17. Feb 2018, 793-797

Haplogroup M1 and it's subclades:

60919564_mtdnam1u62.png

PDF to the full study:

The kinship of two 12th Dynasty mummies revealed by ancient DNA sequencing (Drosou et al 2017).pdf

@Diasporan Royalty @Poitier @Karbaash @Grano-Grano @The Odum of Ala Igbo @Akan

The ancient Egyptians being black is only news to cacs