Rebel Moon | Netflix | 12/23/2023

taker597

Superstar
Daps
Netflix compressing the fukk of the stream that's not 4K subs makes everything look painfully ugly.

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
This wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I guess because its a part 2 I gave it passes on the character development....but this felt like a part 2 to a much better part 1, of that makes sense.

It took me 2 days to get through the first movie and nothing happened. I still didn't know who any of those characters are in part 2 but the movie made an attempt to give them a backstory. There are zero shots of them nikkas talking to each other in the first flick :mjlol: it felt like this was their first time meeting......part2 would make decent part1and vice versa. Jist flip a few scences around in both movies. I wouldn't be surprised if that were the case.

Part 1.....4/10....sucker punch levels of bad but cool looking.

Part 2.....6/10

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I seriously doubt this is as bad as Rotten Tomatoes is making it

It's not. People just like nitpicking everything. I remember watching Star Wars (the 70s movies) and being :skip: that they were held up as the pinnacle of science fiction films.....being bewildered that comic book nerds thought the new prequel movies were trash. I was like these nikkas can't be serious. Because the OG movies were almost trash to me as a first time objective watcher. That's when I realized the OG Star Wars were Boomers & Gen X's version of today's Marvel movies and they grew up with it. It's tied to their childhood and everything else fails to live up to it because of that. I like Rebel Moon. It's good that they're just coming out on Netflix instead of in theaters because if it didn't make $750 million at the box office, they would've cancelled the sequels. Now they're gonna make 5-6 movies from what I read and unlike insufferable cacs and know it all critics, more dope sci-fi movies are a plus for me.

I wish Jupiter Ascending decided to go that route (streaming) also because I liked the worldbuilding of that movie but instead it stopped at one film.

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
They obviously borrowed alot from Star Wars but, it's piff so far :ehh:

It's not. People just like nitpicking everything. I remember watching Star Wars (the 70s movies) and being :skip: that they were held up as the pinnacle of science fiction films.....being bewildered that comic book nerds thought the new prequel movies were trash. I was like these nikkas can't be serious. Because the OG movies were almost trash to me as a first time objective watcher. That's when I realized the OG Star Wars were Boomers & Gen X's version of today's Marvel movies and they grew up with it. It's tied to their childhood and everything else fails to live up to it because of that. I like Rebel Moon. It's good that they're just coming out on Netflix instead of in theaters because if it didn't make $750 million at the box office, they would've cancelled the sequels. Now they're gonna make 5-6 movies from what I read and unlike insufferable cacs and know it all critics, more dope sci-fi movies are a plus for me.

I wish Jupiter Ascending decided to go that route (streaming) also because I liked the worldbuilding of that movie but instead it stopped at one film.

:scust:

:devil:
:evil:

ciubaca

Superstar
Daps
i might get drunk and watch this BS just for the absurdity.
I often watch kickboxer, blood sport type movies when im drunk, having the time of my life, laughing and drinking.... i need to stop, but i cant

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
I just watched an hour of part 1 for the first time and man this really reminds me of them b-rated luc besson films from back in the day. Forgetitibly corny, slightly entertaining.

I think I have a problem wit the pacing.

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
i might get drunk and watch this BS just for the absurdity.
I often watch kickboxer, blood sport type movies when im drunk, having the time of my life, laughing and drinking.... i need to stop, but i cant
yeah I'm debating on an edible fueled watch like I did the first but damn I really fukkin hated that movie...I thought it was 'not good' at the moment...a day later i thought it was abhorrent