Really? This whats supposed to be hot in the streets this summer?

RatherUnique

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Im about that Polo Woodbury Commons lifestyle. The European/European inspired stores have dope clothing too. Regular mall "trendy" clothing like this stuff is hot trash. It's like faux European urban wear hybrids. Horrific.

Daps
IMG_1663.jpg

tumblr_mg4892s20A1qzeh8io1_1280.jpg

hmprod

572215002040_1.jpg

:stylin:

Last edited:
Daps
You trying to get your Jimmy Goldstein on?

img-goldstein-1_13275790256.jpg

I saw him in Paris at fashion week with a girl younger then me on his arm. Must be nice being a trust fund baby.

Nah. I just look up to old rockstars / movies / decades for inspiration. Jimi Hendrix, Jesus and The Mary Chain, Trainspotting, Natural Born Killers, Rave culture, Hardcore, etc.

Edub

Veteran
Daps
I googled mens fashion summer 2015 lol. Im telling you breh when I went into the men's section of Nordstrom I was seeing similar shyt. Another poster who been in the same exact Nordstrom vouched for me earlier in the thread
Nordstrom changed a lot too...i remember seeing true religion on their racks first...now it's a bunch of new trendy stuff(but way more trendy than trues tho)...gotta question their corporate buyers:yeshrug:

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
Not sure if you were referring to me as I said that cargo shorts are sloppy and I buy my basic plain shorts from H&M?

If so I'm currently at work talking about clothing on the internet while looking at rolling racks upon rolling racks of men's and women's clothing. I have a career in fashion industry working for a fortune 500 company. I'm not the know all when it comes to fashion, but generally I know more then a lot of people you'll meet.

Some of the new fashion trends are awful. They'll come and go and we'll be talking about the next trend in 6 months. Buy what makes you feel confident and is comfortable for you. It's what I'm doing.

Man get the fukk all the way outta here
Ole devil wears prada ass fukk nikka :dead:

beejus

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Red, White, & Stonewashed Blue since '94
Nordstrom changed a lot too...i remember seeing true religion on their racks first...now it's a bunch of new trendy stuff(but way more trendy than trues tho)...gotta question their corporate buyers:yeshrug:

Buyers and buy planners look at the volume and money they are making off of brands and what their turn over rate is. If a certain pant or brand is doing well they'll continue to buy it. If that brand isn't selling well and they are having to continually mark down that brand to sell through the stock they'll eventually stop doing business with that brand. True Religion at one time was the "it" brand and has since faded. It is still sold all over, but people don't want giant rhine stones all over their ass. Department stores have to always be looking for the up and coming brands. If you aren't leading and breaking new brands you are going to be be on the wrong end of when something goes from popular to unpopular.

I've known buyers who have bought brands they hate simply because they know it's easy money. I've also known brands who have begged to do business with buyers and will fully reimburse that buyer all their money on the clothing that they can't sell through (very unheard of.)

Last edited:

Edub

Veteran
Daps
Buyers and buy planners look at the volume and money they are making off of brands and what their turn over rate is. If a certain pant or brand is doing well they'll continue to buy it. If that brand isn't selling well and they are having to continually mark down that brand to sell through the stock they'll eventually stop doing business with that brand. True Religion at one time was the "it" brand and has since faded. It is still sold all over, but people don't want giant rhine stones all over their ass. Department stores have to always be looking for the up and coming brands. If you aren't leading and breaking new brands you are going to be be on the wrong end of when something is goes from popular to unpopular.

I've known buyers who have bought brands they hate simply because they know it's easy money. I've also known brands who have begged to do business with buyers and will fully reimburse that buyer all their money on the clothing that they can't sell through (very unheard of.)
Wow...thanks for the insight. And I get that the clothing has to sell and be profitable for the store...but I still think these buyers could positively effect our options and not just play follow the leader or lower level middle man to these brands.