Realistically Mike Tyson belongs no where near the top 5

Lord Bison

Superstar
Daps
As much as I love Iron Mike Tyson. I think the heavyweight today that could wash him is Tyson Fury. A 6'9, fleet footed fighter like him would jab Tyson's head off and Mike would have to jump to land a punch on his head.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
the point is, how many fighters did Ali say something like that about? I imagine it wasn’t many....

There is a reason everyone ranks Tyson was one of the GOATs. If his personal life didn’t go to shyt his resume would have been on some Floyd level shyt.
It’s always amazing to me, when professionals rate other professionals, then some one who never did shyt, gonna question their knowledge.

If Tyson is on most boxers and analysts top 5 lists, I’m gonna go ahead and believe all them

Renzo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
In real time even when in prison Tyson was considered the best fighter on the planet. He’s the last heavyweight to be considered the p4p best fighter on the planet which is unheard of.. the last man to unify all the belts in the ring. He was heavyweight champ 1 yr and 4 months of his debut.. unified the division under two then completely cleaned out the top 10 within 3yrs. Record against ranked fighter is 24-3 the only fighters with more are Louis Ali and Holyfield..of course he can be ranked in the top 5 .two time world champ( unlike Lewis who became a two time champ by picking 2 of his first World belts out of the trash)..beat 9 former title holders.. he did a lot more than a lot of the dudes people try and rank ahead of him. 12-4 in world title fights.. 10 successful defenses of his belts..

Last edited:

Renzo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
As much as I love Iron Mike Tyson. I think the heavyweight today that could wash him is Tyson Fury. A 6'9, fleet footed fighter like him would jab Tyson's head off and Mike would have to jump to land a punch on his head.
Fury would get bodied. Too tall.. he’d be punching down with a fighter that would be all over him in the mid range and inside.

Laidbackman

All Star
Daps
Reppin
ATL, but rasied in DMV
I know a lot of people will disagree with me on this, but I think Buster would have defeated Mike in the second fight as well, if Buster would have trained. He already took everything Mike had, especially after getting knocked down in the eighth. I'm not buying into that "Mike wasn't bobbing and weaving" thing. I never seen a fight when he wasn't, including against Buster. If you don't believe me, look at that fight, especially the first part. Like Mike said, "Everybody has a plan until they get hit". And Buster was sticking Mike with that left jab like a young Ali and Holmes that night.

With most boxers, some other boxer always had their number. and most of the time they didn't find out until they fought them. Antonio Tarver had Roy Jones's, Vernon Forrest had Shane Mosley's, Ricardo Mayorga had Vernon Forrest's, etc... Their second bouts always proved that. Buster Douglas over Mike Tyson would have been no exception, just like Holyfield vs Tyson 2 wasn't. Unlike when Oliver McCall knocked out Lennox Lewis with a lucky punch, Buster's defeat over Mike was no fluke.

Last edited:

LiveFromLondon

Superstar
Daps
Holyfield was juiced up against Mike, those beatings he took against Bowe where enough to end a career or have him:flabbynsick: at least. Bowe was never the same after that trilogy but somehow Holyfield bounced back. Those where roids for sure and lest we forget Holyfield was headbutting Mike all fight. Thats just me though:hubie:

Renzo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I know a lot of people will disagree with me on this, but I think Buster would have defeated Mike in the second fight as well, if Buster would have trained. He already took everything Mike had, especially after getting knocked down in the eighth. I'm not buying into that "Mike wasn't bobbing and weaving" thing. I never seen a fight when he wasn't, including against Buster. If you don't believe me, look at that fight, especially the first part. Like Mike said, "Everybody has a plan until they get hit". And Buster was sticking Mike with that left jab like a young Ali and Holmes that night.

With most boxers, some other boxer always had their number. and most of the time they didn't find out until they fought them. Antonio Tarver had Roy Jones's, Vernon Forrest had Shane Mosley's, Ricardo Mayorga had Vernon Forrest's, etc... Their second bouts always proved that. Buster Douglas over Mike Tyson would have been no exception, just like Holyfield vc Tyson 2 wasn't. Unlike when Oliver McCall knocked out Lennox Lewis with a lucky punch, Buster's defeat over Mike was no fluke.
How was it not a fluke? Tyson fought the worst fight and Douglas finally managed to put it together for one night then we promptly ran from the rematch into retirement after Holyfield harpooned him like beached whale. Douglas never managed to look that good again and Tyson never looked worse.

Charlie

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Alot of Mike fights were rigged look it up. Dude was even set to testify about it in court and got killed

Umoja

Veteran
Daps
It’s always amazing to me, when professionals rate other professionals, then some one who never did shyt, gonna question their knowledge.

If Tyson is on most boxers and analysts top 5 lists, I’m gonna go ahead and believe all them

He isn't on most boxers and analysts top 5 list :mjlol:

Laidbackman

All Star
Daps
Reppin
ATL, but rasied in DMV
How was it not a fluke? Tyson fought the worst fight and Douglas finally managed to put it together for one night then we promptly ran from the rematch into retirement after Holyfield harpooned him like beached whale. Douglas never managed to look that good again and Tyson never looked worse.
So you're saying Douglas didn't deserve that win? I would have had more respect for Mike if he'd took the L like a champ, and just admitted he underestimated him. Instead he called him a fluke, and a lot of people got that from him.

Last edited:

Renzo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So you're saying Douglas didn't deserve that win? I would have had more respect for Mike if he'd took the L like a champ, and just admitted he underestimated him. Instead he called him a fluke, and a lot of people got that from him.
You need to watch the post fight interviews with Tyson and Douglas, Tyson said Douglas deserved the win and gave him a lot of credit. And yes a fluke..it’s called the biggest sports upset ever for a reason. Tyson was off his game and Douglas was on his. Douglas couldn’t even get motivated enough to get in shape for his next fight getting knocked into retirement..while Tyson went on to beat Tilman in 1 Stewart in 1 and and the number two ranked Ruddock two times going 4-0 in his title comeback. Tyson bodies him in 3 in the rematch. Was a fluke then and a fluke now.