Real rap Sony been feeding and keeping Console Gaming alive

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You edited your post, still doesn't change much as xbox had exclusives as well up until this year really.

And even now the casual gamer is only really playing multi plat big named games.

For what they were offering a year ago, with system bundles and consoles discounts the xb1 was a way better choice for any casual gamer.
So what exclusives have Xbox had so far that makes it on par with all the PS4 exclusives I've listed and those I've most likely forgot to list?

This "The casual gamer is only really playing multi plat" games point is null. The argument isn't whether exclusives are being played more than multi plats or not, it's literally a matter of quantity and quality. The vast majority of PS4 exclusives in the past couple of years have been great but you guys come in and downplay them by cherry picking what is really an exclusive, what is "niche", "JRPG", indie etc just to reduce it to like 2-3 games that you can then juxtapose to the yearly games MS Studios churn out(Halo, gears, Forza really ) to say that the playing field is even. it's disingenuous imo.

PS4 bundles were crazy for a while there was UC4 PS4 Slim bundles for like $250 for a while.

Idk man calla spade a spade. You're more of an Xbox guy so it's not surprising that you're playing devils advocate on a seemingly clear situation.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
So what exclusives have Xbox had so far that makes it on par with all the PS4 exclusives I've listed and those I've most likely forgot to list?

This "The casual gamer is only really playing multi plat" games point is null. The argument isn't whether exclusives are being played more than multi plats or not, it's literally a matter of quantity and quality. The vast majority of PS4 exclusives in the past couple of years have been great but you guys come in and downplay them by cherry picking what is really an exclusive, what is "niche", "JRPG", indie etc just to reduce it to like 2-3 games that you can then juxtapose to the yearly games MS Studios churn out(Halo, gears, Forza really ) to say that the playing field is even. it's disingenuous imo.

PS4 bundles were crazy for a while there was UC4 PS4 Slim bundles for like $250 for a while.

Idk man calla spade a spade. You're more of an Xbox guy so it's not surprising that you're playing devils advocate on a seemingly clear situation.
An Xbox primary gamer is highly unlikely to be into these primarily Japanese centric exclusives. Historically that brand hasn't been associated with those type of games.

If you aren't into romantic movies are you missing out because you never watched Pretty Woman or When Harry Met Sally? Some folks consider those to be classics but if that doesn't appeal to you then it doesn't matter.

Same difference here. Sony's exclusive output has been rather tepid this generation and the bulk of the work has been done by third party developers putting out games somebody into Xbox heavy doesn't really care about.

• Dap
Reactions: PS4

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
An Xbox primary gamer is highly unlikely to be into these primarily Japanese centric exclusives. Historically that brand hasn't been associated with those type of games.

If you aren't into romantic movies are you missing out because you never watched Pretty Woman or When Harry Met Sally? Some folks consider those to be classics but if that doesn't appeal to you then it doesn't matter.

Same difference here. Sony's exclusive output has been rather tepid this generation and the bulk of the work has been done by third party developers putting out games somebody into Xbox heavy doesn't really care about.
Tepid?
Lol okay man. I guess me and you have very different ways of seeing things.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang

Bruh, you didn't wanna mention the Xbox list huh :sas1:
Tepid?
Of course you see things differently, there hasn't been an exclusive this gen you haven't hyped up, that's the problem. Any list you make is fake news because of that :sas2:

But let me show this community how to deal with 3cepts. Sir, what is the last racing game you have played. A speedy, honest and truthful answer will be much obliged :popcorn:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

I dont really like sony, or the sony drones. I'm clear about that, but I play whatever system has the games I want to play. in fact the PS2 and PS are one of my two of my top 5 fave systems. But over all, I know for a fact that the average casual gamer wants the cheaper gaming system or the one they can get with the most deals at purchase.

I'm not even knocking the ps4 as being the best system to have right now. It is in my opinion, but it wasn't for a long time. Lets not act like there wasn't threads after threads with "Larry box for 199 + 3 games" while people came in saying "Its not worth it" "I'll wait" while not having a system at all.

It is what it is, alot of sony stans just have short memories trolling and joking aside. The only way I'd suggest an xb1 over a ps4 to anyone now is if it was cheaper and based on how much they like to play.

I didn't and haven't cared about a ps4 exclusive game until this year I had a brand new system I got in early 2016 that I didn't even open up until it wreaked end of last year. Everything I wanted to play was either on xb1 or PC at that point.

I also didn't even play Gears 4 nor do I plan on playing forza.:yeshrug:

its all about the games for me, but for the casual game its less about the games and more about price and what features a system has.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Tepid?
Naturally two different people will have a different way of seeing things. I didn't like Uncharted 4 and I'm not into Souls games so some of their best rated games don't apply to me. Outside of Horizon I'm very lukewarm on their output. Most of top rated games on the platform are multiplatform games once you get past those 3 titles unless you add in Japanese games like Persona 5 and Nier. We're at year 4. Usual console generations last about 5 years.

I'm not Microsoft has had better output I'm saying it isn't drastically worse from my perspective.

I typically buy Sony consoles for games Sony themselves doesn't even make though and my tastes are very niche. When I step away from my own personal taste and look at the mainstream lineups it's almost the same. We aren't talking N64 vs Playstation level differences here.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Naturally two different people will have a different way of seeing things. I didn't like Uncharted 4 and I'm not into Souls games so some of their best rated games don't apply to me. Outside of Horizon I'm very lukewarm on their output. Most of top rated games on the platform are multiplatform games once you get past those 3 titles unless you add in Japanese games like Persona 5 and Nier. We're at year 4. Usual console generations last about 5 years.

I'm not Microsoft has had better output I'm saying it isn't drastically worse from my perspective.

I typically buy Sony consoles for games Sony themselves doesn't even make though and my tastes are very niche. When I step away from my own personal taste and look at the mainstream lineups it's almost the same. We aren't talking N64 vs Playstation level differences here.
The best PS4 exclusives to me thus far have been:

Uncharted 4, Uncharted The Lost Legacy, The Last Guardian, Ratchet and Clank, Bloodborne, Infamous Second Son, Until Dawn, Driveclub and Persona 5.

I haven't even touched Horizon yet. There's still other games I probably forgot to mention but I'd say Sony's output has been pretty good lately. Once TLOU 2, God of War, Spiderman, Dreams, Detroit:Become Human and Days Gone drop and if they're top quality I'd consider the PS4 to have bested the PS3.

Now over on the Xbox side the only exclusives I've played are Sunset Overdrive and a little of Halo MCC. The rest I can now safely buy on PC without ever needing a PC.

The most top rated games are multiplatforms because there's literally more devs that are 3rd party than there is 1st party. No matter which way you put it, there's always going to be more 3rd party games in any given category to compare to one company's 1st party studios.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

Uncharted 4, Uncharted The Lost Legacy, The Last Guardian, Ratchet and Clank, Bloodborne, Infamous Second Son, Until Dawn, Driveclub and Persona 5.

I haven't even touched Horizon yet. There's still other games I probably forgot to mention but I'd say Sony's output has been pretty good lately. Once TLOU 2, God of War, Spiderman, Dreams, Detroit:Become Human and Days Gone drop and if they're top quality I'd consider the PS4 to have bested the PS3.

Now over on the Xbox side the only exclusives I've played are Sunset Overdrive and a little of Halo MCC. The rest I can now safely buy on PC without ever needing a PC.

The most top rated games are multiplatforms because there's literally more devs that are 3rd party than there is 1st party. No matter which way you put it, there's always going to be more 3rd party games in any given category to compare to one company's 1st party studios.
Literally the same arguments for over half a decade now :wow:

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
How is this even a question?

PS has a similar game for Xbox biggest games

Sunset = Infamous
Quantum Sleep=The Order
Halo=Killzone
Gears=Uncharted
Forza series= Drive Club & GT
KI=SFV

But MS has no answer for

VR
MLB
The Last Guardian
Yakuza
Ratchet
Horizon
Nioh
Bloodborne
Nier
Until Dawn
Persona 5
Etc...

Last edited:

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Why would an x-box gamer not be interested in Bloodborne, Yakuza, Nier, Nioh, Ratchet & Clank, TLG, GT Sport, MLB The Show, Until Dawn, Driveclub, Everybody's Golf, Gravity Rush, Street Fighter etc?

Are you saying x-box gamers have no interest in racers, platformers, sports games, adventure games, action games, horror games...? :dwillhuh:

Low key you are just shytting on x-box gamers and saying they only care about shooters. :manny:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Why would an x-box gamer not be interested in Bloodborne, Yakuza, Nier, Nioh, Ratchet & Clank, TLG, GT Sport, MLB The Show, Until Dawn, Driveclub, Everybody's Golf, Gravity Rush, Street Fighter etc?
Because if they were interested in games like those they'd own a PS4. Historically many of these Japanese type games haven't been prominent on the Xbox consoles and everyone knows it. Xbox primary gamers are most likely into first and third person shooters and racing games. That's always been that brands bread and butter. Even games like Final Fantasy sell much less on Xbox than they do on PlayStation. The person that owned a 360 and not a PS3 last gen wasn't into games like Yakuza.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang

What you talking about, you was playing Forza Horizon 3 2 days ago.
Check them receipts Coli, we got ourselves an undercover xbot :gladbron:
Literally the same arguments for over half a decade now :wow:
Coolbgdog gonna take Leasy spot, finally change that argument up once the X hits :whew:
How is this even a question?

PS has a similar game for Xbox biggest games

Sunset = Infamous
Quantum Sleep=The Order
Halo=Killzone
Gears=Uncharted
Forza series= Drive Club & GT
KI=SFV

But MS has no answer for

VR
MLB
The Last Guardian
Yakuza
Ratchet
Horizon
Nioh
Bloodborne
Nier
Until Dawn
Persona 5
Etc...
This is really a low quality post bruh. For starters, let me accurately do the list, remove you bullshyt bias/ignorance and you get

Quantum Break (not sunset) = Infamous
Ryse (not quantum) = The Snoreder 66sheep
Halo 5 = Killzone :dame:
Look, I have to break character here. If you EVER in your life say something as stupid as killzone being = to any shooter not named Homefront? I will find you :birdman: I hope you have a pet. You'll go to the backyard to call Clyde back in the house. What a fukkIN STUPID PET NAME sohh I was eager to kill it. Carved a Halo 2 logo on its bicept like the good ol' days :banderas: Then I'll take a twitter pic wearing Clyde's pelt like a Jewels Santana Bandana. I have a big forehead, so it'll fit. For some odd reason I figured I'd cut off the feet. I bet you ain't seen no shyt like that since Bebe's kids :ufdup:
The others yeah, and xbox is DOMINATING the head to head matchups in those games. The second batch of games you named are mediocre and you said it like if the xbox didn't have other games that to combat the ones you named. But they do, and they better. Ashen, Ori, Cuphead, Crackdown, Sea of Theives, XB1X, Backwards upgrades, BC, I already named others like State of Decay 2.
Stop igonring all that EPIC looking list I just posted, not a stretch list like yours :win:

Are you saying x-box gamers have no interest in racers, platformers, sports games, adventure games, action games, horror games...? :dwillhuh:

Low key you are just shytting on x-box gamers and saying they only care about shooters. :manny:
Who gives a shyt about MLB first off, of wait.. its exclusvies so even you talking about it :laff: GTFOH. Your golf game, thats cool, but xbox Had Powerstar Golf since 2013, same fukkin game. Its cheap now, was a GWG titile. I bought it for $5 2yrs ago. Have fun spending $30+ a$$hole :umad:
Because if they were interested in games like those they'd own a PS4. Historically many of these Japanese type games haven't been prominent on the Xbox consoles and everyone knows it. Xbox primary gamers are most likely into first and third person shooters and racing games. That's always been that brands bread and butter. Even games like Final Fantasy sell much less on Xbox than they do on PlayStation. The person that owned a 360 and not a PS3 last gen wasn't into games like Yakuza.
Yes to the first line, no to everything else. You are acting like there wasn't a 1000 games on the 360, and if there are not 100's of games on the xbox one. So there are more than enough games to go around. Its just ppl on the internet like to hype up exclusives no matter how mediocre it "could" be. So the society of followers aka limited thinkers speak as if exclusives matter. But the same gaming media spoke of exclusives not mattering as much a few gens ago, saying that is the future. That companies had to go multiplat to survive. The PS2 era been over ladies and gentleman. Only Nintendo has enough QUALITY exclusives to matter. But they fail so bad on 3rd party that once Nintendo stops, the system dies. They usually burn out of ideas in 3yrs sohh :francis:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Let's also keep it 100% real here. Xbox gamers have a certain taste in games. They like very mainstream shooters and racers and that's about it.

Microsoft tried all that stuff. In the early days the 360 had more JRPGs than the PS3. I know cause I bought them. Games like Eternal Sonata, Infinite Undiscovery, Tales of Vesperia, Blue Dragon, Lost Odyssey, Star Ocean the Last Hope. All those games came out on the 360 first. Mostly they flopped. Many of the 360 JRPGs ended up getting ported to the PS3 eventually.

They've tried to make narrative heavy games like the Remedy games Alan Wake, Quantum Break. They tried Sunset Overdrive. These games all flop or the sales are very modest. All the people saying Xbox needs to diversify. How do you diversify when everything you make or produce outside of shooting and racing games flops because your customers are uninterested?

Then there's the other side of the coin. The Bioshocks, Mass Effects, and more recently Titanfalls and Tomb Raiders. The games then bankrolled that third party developers made and eventually the sequels and even the originals were ported to Playstation.

If a game like Heavy Rain came out on the Xbox it would flop. The original Uncharted with no multiplayer would have been one and done on the Xbox.

The reason Microsoft is all on this games as service multiplayer tip and not making these extravagant single player narrative heavy story games like Sony is because those games flop on Xbox. How many premiere FPS shooters can Microsoft have on Xbox when Call of Duty and Battlefield exist? Can they really make more than Halo? How many cover shooters like Gears can they make? Because that's what their gamers want. Shooters and racing games and not much else.

Sony has their lane and Microsoft has their lane. Microsoft will never have the exclusive content Sony does because their gamers like a narrow style of game and because Japanese niche games are guaranteed flops on Xbox to the point where Japanese developers don't even bother making them.

The reason Microsoft pumps out Forza, Halo, and Gears and not much else is because that's what their fans responded to.

BLΔCK⁂W⊙LF

All Star
Daps
I never owned an Xbox console. Only, Playstation. The exclusives alone are worth the purchase.