Real Question: Do Yall Really **** With Jay-Z's Music Like That?

Brock Landers

AKA Tyler Hands-thorough
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Torrance, CA
Dude's last good album was American Gangster, the one before that The Black Album. He's had a self-admitted streak of a good album followed by a mediocre one for seemingly ever now. :what:

Let's not go nuts here, dude is good but he is far from bullet proof. If you like him you do, if you don't you don't.

Brady-Carter

It is what it is..
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TDot
Dude's last good album was American Gangster, the one before that The Black Album. He's had a self-admitted streak of a good album followed by a mediocre one for seemingly ever now. :what:

Let's not go nuts here, dude is good but he is far from bullet proof. If you like him you do, if you don't you don't.

Same pattern since RD came out. We get one cohesive album every now and then. The rest is about doubling his dollars.

I accepted this around vol 3.(I am never really disappointed by a Jay album, only surprised).

Now does that mean Jay's songs by themselves all suck? no. shyt, I can pull one song from any Jay album to fit any mood I am in.

It is what it is. :manny:

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
Only like BP RD and AG dude's hit or miss with me :manny:

Daps

Same pattern since RD came out. We get one cohesive album every now and then. The rest is about doubling his dollars.

I accepted this around vol 3.(I am never really disappointed by a Jay album, only surprised).

Now does that mean Jay's songs by themselves all suck? no. shyt, I can pull one song from any Jay album to fit any mood I am in.

It is what it is. :manny:

:obama:

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
like other dude said; jay was more :pacspit: at other rappers with his RD era delivery and flow

jay just sound flimsy and tryna be nice on songs like these
Jay-z Ft J. Cole - A star is Born - The BluePrint 3 |HD| With Lyrics - YouTube

I taught 'em about fish scale they want me to fish for them
They want me to catch clean, then cook up a dish for them
All of this just for them, or they got a diss for him
They want me to disappear, like it's gonna SHIFT for them
They say that I'm in the way, they want me to sit with them
But what they admitting is, they ain't got shyt for him
But really the fact is, we not in the same bracket
Not in the same league, don't shoot at the same baskets
Don't pay the same taxes, hang with the same bytches
So how am I in the way, what is it I'm missing?
nikka I been missing, nikka I been gone
The shyt that you just witnessed is the shyt that I been on
And as for the critics, tell me I don't get it
Everybody can tell you how to do it, they never did it
Now these nikka's is mad, oh they call me a Camel
But I mastered the drought, what the fukk I'm an animal
Half-man half-mammal
My sign is a Sag, this is just what I plan to do
Oh don't be mad

:scusthov:

Droopy

say that tho
Daps
Reppin
Northside
who the f*ck are you? ban this n*gga....

he's past his prime, but let's be real here....

Daps
Reppin
NULL
You wish Jay-z had better production? :stopitslime:
WTT was the best produced album of 2011 according to a lot of people and AG the best produced album of 07 according to just as many.
Different production maybe, but better?

What do you mean with stronger delivery though? Jay has had a laid-back flow since Blueprint. Do you mean his 99 delivery like on Murdergram?

be real. without kanye, wtt would be trashbin status.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I am totally on other side of this issue.

How can you be a fan of hiphop and not like Jay z. His DNA is in everybody's music.

because his music is trash. it's filler. it's light, soft, inconsequential drivel backed by average beats. at his age, jay should be saying something. he should have songs backed by experience. instead, he's a 42 year old man who makes embarrassingly simplistic songs that aren't even as good as the simple shyt coming from the south.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
obviously threadstarter misses the point of jay-z. u really think a nikka worth 500 million with beyonce as his wife is gonna keep makin hood music 4 u and ur buddies to listen to? jay-z is a powerhouse, he makes music that is universal now, catch on. He doesnt have 2 be played in your broke down honda civic with u and your gang of no job havin, weed smokin friends to listen to, if u dont like his music hes still gonna be worth half a billion and be ok. hes been in the game almost 20 years he doesnt need your approval at this point. threadstarter lost.

he can be worth half a billion and have a bytch like beyonce on his arm. he's still making trash music, and i'm still wondering who the fukk is buying this nikka's albums. all you did was prove the point i articulated with the first post.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
:snoop: How could you say such bafunary does anybody like his music dudes one of if not the G.O.A.T, name one rapper that has kept it consistent with these different trends of hip hop!?.... i'll wait

:laff:

i can't even take nikkas seriously when they say jay is GOAT (or even a candidate for such an honor).

Daps
Reppin
NULL
How you gonna call him trash and then say the black album is crack.

:what:

I don't really fukk with Jay at all, but i couldn't let this slide brehs

most of his music is trash. black album was dope. maybe because it was his "retirement" album? who knows.

KILLAKUTT7

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NEW YORK
only jay album i liked was reasonable doubt

but fukk joe camel- his music is shyt- never fukked with him after reasonable doubt

one of the biggest biters in hip hop history- "How much of Biggie's rhymes is gonna come out your fat lips?"

he's a great businessman but thats it- sick of people praising this faq

ugksam

The White King TuT
Daps
i've met a ton of people that said that they like jay-z but i none of them ever choose to put on his music....

market plan working perfectly

61 Corpses

The Breh
Daps
Reppin
He's just another nikka who profited off Big's death. Without that, he'd be just another above average NY nikka who had a decent first album.