Real Question: Do Yall Really **** With Jay-Z's Music Like That?

xx001234448

Visual Storyteller
Daps
Shawn Carter has always looked at "Jay-Z" as a brand. For better or for worse, that mentality allowed "Jay-Z" to remain relevant. Personally, I prefer the Reasonable Doubt era and Blueprint era "Jay-Z" but I understand why the current "Jay-Z" has to be the way it is from a business and popularity standpoint. Not saying it's right or wrong, it just is what it is.

Superstar
Daps
:laugh:

stop it 5
people are done defending hov', its 2012 breh, if boys in your clique don't rock with H-O, no one gaf, just don't ask this question and expect others to feel the same way

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Jay-Z was part of that era when you went to the radio station and SPIT!!! no damn blackberry cell phone or hype man...and it was insane...but i guess those days or gone...if RD dropped or illmatic dropped now....it would never seen the light of days...I could hear this Generation now..."what is this guy talking about???

You dont understand. That's the great thing about Jay z. He drops classic and is relevant in every era.

You say RD wouldn't see the light of Day in this era. Well thats why he is the GOAT, Jay can Make WTT, BP3 and AG.

:laff: at Jay being a decent MC. Name something on the MIC that Jay z is only decent at doing.

Jay z is the greatest to ever call himself rapper. No one has achieve what he has in rap.

"who else you know been hot for this long"

Mandizi

5-I-3 till I D-I-E
Daps
Reppin
Cincy
You dont understand. That's the great thing about Jay z. He drops classic and is relevant in every era.

You say RD wouldn't see the light of Day in this era. Well thats why he is the GOAT, Jay can Make WTT, BP3 and AG.

:laff: at Jay being a decent. Name something on the MIC that Jay z is only decent at doing.

Jay z is the greatest to ever call himself rapper. No one has achieve what he has in rap.

storytelling

Superstar
Daps
I dont think that is necessary skill to being a great MC. Its not that he isn't great he just doesnt do it.

Jay Address Storytelling in his music on "Fade to Black"

his delivery is subpar to wack these days

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You wish Jay-z had better production? :stopitslime:
WTT was the best produced album of 2011 according to a lot of people and AG the best produced album of 07 according to just as many.
Different production maybe, but better?

What do you mean with stronger delivery though? Jay has had a laid-back flow since Blueprint. Do you mean his 99 delivery like on Murdergram?

Different production is probaly the better word bcuz the type of beats I typically like wouldn't really fit jay....and true AG wuz cool productions wise but WTT:childplease: didn't do it for me at all...BP wuz the last great jay album production wise...but that's the thing I never really listened to Jay for production and that never made him great to me..for me he carried the production bcuz I liked what he wuz sayin,I liked his delivery and how he said it....and yes that murdergram,hova song intro delivery....that shyt wuz hard,Jay geniunley seemed like he had a disgust of nikkas lol,he wuz so cold blooded and disrespectful...its funny people accuse jay of hatin nikkas now on sum joking shyt,but he used to really shat on nikkas lives,and who they were as people...the laid back monotone delivery wuz perfect for his rap persona.....his flo has gotten too damn happy over the years,and I hated when people started hypin up his flow...he started tryna make it too perfect,I liked that flow that wuz sumtimes perfect but sumtimes choppy....guess I gotta just listen to his old shyt:manny:...we need that vulgar,disrespectful jay back man,he still talk down on nikkas but the delivery just lacks believability now...u can tell he really wants us all to do well...I liked it better when I thought he thought all us broke nikkas should just die

Superstar
Daps
How does his delivery differ from post reasonable doubt time?

like other dude said; jay was more :pacspit: at other rappers with his RD era delivery and flow

jay just sound flimsy and tryna be nice on songs like these

Last edited by a moderator:

jalamanta

GOAT
Daps

though, after he went HOV it was not so good.

Last edited by a moderator:

Brady-Carter

It is what it is..
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TDot
of course he did, but he was asking for a comparison of today Jay vs RD jay
I'm not gonna bring up a wack song, that's a false analogy friend

Ah, got you.

Once again hopping into the middle of a debate(with out reading said debate) with my 2 cents fails.