Real Question: Do Yall Really **** With Jay-Z's Music Like That?

McPiff

#goat
Daps
jay is a great business man and a decent mc.

musically he just plays it safe for the most part. its light and doesnt have alot of substance so its easy to just rock to it without thinking too much. he keeps it street enough to appear "hood" but he doesnt go so hard as to put off casual listeners.

jay is basically the safe negro that non-blacks can agree on. it was will smith, then it was kanye, now its jay.

thats some deep posting right there breh

:obama:

neg-rep8.gif

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
I am totally on other side of this issue.

How can you be a fan of hiphop and not like Jay z. His DNA is in everybody's music.

JayYoung314

St. Louis Survivor
Daps
Reppin
Saint Louis
obviously threadstarter misses the point of jay-z. u really think a nikka worth 500 million with beyonce as his wife is gonna keep makin hood music 4 u and ur buddies to listen to? jay-z is a powerhouse, he makes music that is universal now, catch on. He doesnt have 2 be played in your broke down honda civic with u and your gang of no job havin, weed smokin friends to listen to, if u dont like his music hes still gonna be worth half a billion and be ok. hes been in the game almost 20 years he doesnt need your approval at this point. threadstarter lost.

ajnapoleon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Jay-Z was part of that era when you went to the radio station and SPIT!!! no damn blackberry cell phone or hype man...and it was insane...but i guess those days or gone...if RD dropped or illmatic dropped now....it would never seen the light of days...I could hear this Generation now..."what is this guy talking about???

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.
yea he the goat, if on having a discussion on rap and the person on familiar wit jay and nas work, i stop the discussion

Daps
:snoop: How could you say such bafunary does anybody like his music dudes one of if not the G.O.A.T, name one rapper that has kept it consistent with these different trends of hip hop!?.... i'll wait

JulesWinfield

TheBrehdrenMovement
Daps
Jay-Z was part of that era when you went to the radio station and SPIT!!! no damn blackberry cell phone or hype man...and it was insane...but i guess those days or gone...if RD dropped or illmatic dropped now....it would never seen the light of days...I could hear this Generation now..."what is this guy talking about???

who's that in your avi? dope remake of the Lord Finesse "Funky Technician" cover.

TheHomie

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Cali
i just don't know anyone that listens to this dude, which leaves me wondering how he's so relevant. nobody i ride with likes this nikka's music. they think it's trash. it IS trash, obviously. and i'm trying to figure out who is buying his shyt. when is the last good album this dude dropped? let me know. only album of his i really fukk with is the black album.shyt's crack. beyond that? all of his shyt is overrated, including his lyricism. i just never understood the appeal, and i almost find myself wondering if the secret society rumors are correct, because the nikka is bigger than his talent would lead you to think he's deserving of.

yea, i know plenty of talentless nikkas make it big in music, but he's branching off to other ventures, breaking bread with warren buffet, and i'm sitting here looking like: :dwillhuh:

How you gonna call him trash and then say the black album is crack.

:what:

I don't really fukk with Jay at all, but i couldn't let this slide brehs

Mandizi

5-I-3 till I D-I-E
Daps
Reppin
Cincy
You wish Jay-z had better production? :stopitslime:
WTT was the best produced album of 2011 according to a lot of people and AG the best produced album of 07 according to just as many.
Different production maybe, but better?

What do you mean with stronger delivery though? Jay has had a laid-back flow since Blueprint. Do you mean his 99 delivery like on Murdergram?

Yeah, his delivery back then was better.