Real Question: Do Yall Really **** With Jay-Z's Music Like That?

Daps
Reppin
NULL
i just don't know anyone that listens to this dude, which leaves me wondering how he's so relevant. nobody i ride with likes this nikka's music. they think it's trash. it IS trash, obviously. and i'm trying to figure out who is buying his shyt. when is the last good album this dude dropped? let me know. only album of his i really fukk with is the black album. shyt's crack. beyond that? all of his shyt is overrated, including his lyricism. i just never understood the appeal, and i almost find myself wondering if the secret society rumors are correct, because the nikka is bigger than his talent would lead you to think he's deserving of.

yea, i know plenty of talentless nikkas make it big in music, but he's branching off to other ventures, breaking bread with warren buffet, and i'm sitting here looking like: :dwillhuh:

Hussein Fonzarelli

The Whitey Corp.
Daps
hipsters

everybody whos out in the open with the glowing apple logo on the lid of their fukkin puter - bet.

if a person wears palestine scarves and fake wayfarers with purple leggings (we talkin males) - bet.

starbucks under 30 audience - bet

Drew Wonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
idk if this is a serious thread, but I'm bored...

sorry, a dude who makes an album like Reasonable Doubt or the Blueprint, or drops a verse as dope as his one on No Church in the Wild can't be talentless, it's not possible

if you can't recognize the skill here then i don't know what to tell you, maybe hip hop isn't for you

and Jay's an icon bruh. didn't really hit me how big he was til I went to the Watch the Throne concert, seeing all the different races, types of people in the crowd rocking to every single last one of his songs.

but idk, maybe he had all of us under some illuminati mind control :yeshrug:

Last edited by a moderator:

Gifted one

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Reasonable Doubt, Blueprint, Black Album, KC, American Gangster, In my lifetime vol. 1, parts of Blueprint 2, is enough reason why I feel people fukk with Jay's music

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Jay appeals probaly to the more older,proffesional,possibly "square" nikka at this point....but he had his time where everybody fuked wit em....jay top 4 with me but alooot of nikkas out there say his shyt is too soft,sum nikkas just have absolutly no appreciation for lyrics and beats without heavy basslines....they just don't think jay be sayin hard enuff shyt...he too intelligent about killing people and smackin nikkas I guess:manny:...his delivery just ain't hard enuff...with that bein said these same nikkas listen to sum of the wackest shyt I ever heard just for the beats...so who gives a shyt about what they think...I wish jay had those qualitys like better beats,stronger delivery but u can't have it all...no goat does

Big Mel

@bigboss
Daps
Reppin
Flodge free zone
I could take or leave his work past 1998.

That run from 1996 to 1998-9 saw some pretty great songs.

Once he went all "Hova" I stopped giving that much of a shyt.

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
Jay appeals probaly to the more older,proffesional,possibly "square" nikka at this point....but he had his time where everybody fuked wit em....jay top 4 with me but alooot of nikkas out there say his shyt is too soft,sum nikkas just have absolutly no appreciation for lyrics and beats without heavy basslines....they just don't think jay be sayin hard enuff shyt...he too intelligent about killing people and smackin nikkas I guess:manny:...his delivery just ain't hard enuff...with that bein said these same nikkas listen to sum of the wackest shyt I ever heard just for the beats...so who gives a shyt about what they think...I wish jay had those qualitys like better beats,stronger delivery but u can't have it all...no goat does
You wish Jay-z had better production? :stopitslime:
WTT was the best produced album of 2011 according to a lot of people and AG the best produced album of 07 according to just as many.
Different production maybe, but better?

What do you mean with stronger delivery though? Jay has had a laid-back flow since Blueprint. Do you mean his 99 delivery like on Murdergram?

up in here

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
jay is a great business man and a decent mc.

musically he just plays it safe for the most part. its light and doesnt have alot of substance so its easy to just rock to it without thinking too much. he keeps it street enough to appear "hood" but he doesnt go so hard as to put off casual listeners.

jay is basically the safe negro that non-blacks can agree on. it was will smith, then it was kanye, now its jay.

Harry B

Superstar
Daps

musically he just plays it safe for the most part. its light and doesnt have alot of substance so its easy to just rock to it without thinking too much. he keeps it street enough to appear "hood" but he doesnt go so hard as to put off casual listeners.

jay is basically the safe negro that non-blacks can agree on. it was will smith, then it was kanye, now its jay.

Give this man a Pulitzer prize or something, god damn figured it out after all these years :huhldup:

Drew Wonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

listen to his verse on No Church. very few rappers in the mainstream or underground are capable of dropping a verse like that. this dude raps about the Euthyphro dilemma and somehow makes it sound dope.

When he's on his A-game Jay has PLENTY of substance. he's just not hitting ya'll with a thousand multis or rhyme schemes so it sounds like some simplistic shyt

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
I don't really care if you like Jay or not, but you're wondering who is listening to him cause the nikkas you ride with don't? Is your crew millions deep? :snoop:

PSA: the number of whips in a block radius playing a song and the amount of nikkas in your crew fukking with an artist is not an accurate way to measure popularity.