Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
pretty good lazy Saturday binge

YgYp0KV.gif

Daps
Watched the first episode and I'm hooked, brehs, HOOKED :wow:

Only question i got is... my only knowledge about Reacher is from the Tom Cruise movies.

Why did he go from being a 5'5 skinny cac to a 6'5 bodybuilder dude?

:deadmanny:

:bryan:And his size is a large part of the story so far. Which iteration is closest to the Clancy books?

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Watched the first episode and I'm hooked, brehs, HOOKED :wow:

Only question i got is... my only knowledge about Reacher is from the Tom Cruise movies.

Why did he go from being a 5'5 skinny cac to a 6'5 bodybuilder dude?

:deadmanny:

:bryan:And his size is a large part of the story so far. Which iteration is closest to the Clancy books?
The Amazon series is more like the Reacher in the books who is described as being "a 250-pound blond man standing at 6ft 5in tall, with hands the size of dinner plates or Thanksgiving turkeys, and knuckles like walnuts"; there was a little bit of controversy when Tom Cruise was cast as Reacher in the movie because he was completely opposite of the character's description since Cruise was a brunette and tiny.

Daps
The Amazon series is more like the Reacher in the books who is described as being "a 250-pound blond man standing at 6ft 5in tall, with hands the size of dinner plates or Thanksgiving turkeys, and knuckles like walnuts"; there was a little bit of controversy when Tom Cruise was cast as Reacher in the movie because he was completely opposite of the character's description since Cruise was a brunette and tiny.

:russ: but did they mention his height in the books as much as it's mentioned on this show?

Or are they just trying to drive home the fact that ":whoa: we got it right this time, he's 6'5 see?"

Mr. Togo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Google
:russ: but did they mention his height in the books as much as it's mentioned on this show?

Or are they just trying to drive home the fact that ":whoa: we got it right this time, he's 6'5 see?"

I've read some of the books and they mention it every time in the first chapter that he's 6'5.

The one I'm reading now Tripwire where Reacher is down in Florida that he was 210lbs but got to 250lbs by digging pools in the ground

Doin2Much Williams

Grace Under Fiyah
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Insignificant posting from an insignificant poster
Finished it in a day, was thoroughly entertained :leon:

Like someone else said, it's like a USA show with more cursing, violence & sex/nudity

didnt ever enjoy the Original programming on USA growing up.

But f bombs, sex and dialed up violence usually cuts the beefcake for meh.

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I like this definitely gives me that banshee feeling without the over the top fukkery. I like the lead detective also but damn they really went out of the way to make him not have any stereotypical qualities