Daps
Reppin
San Diego
just make a third of the show kliq hour and everything should be all good
scaledphpserver696filen.png

Sierra Mist

Banned
Daps
funny thing is that extra hour will be filled with HHH promos and Cena vignettes. They aint foolin me.

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
All this proves is the E isn't as dead as some would like to believe.

That said this is probably not a good idea.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
:laugh:@Keller going wild over this
Vince McMahon cannot continue with the same approach he's been taking and expect anything but a diminished ratings. Raw will no longer be in the running for the top rated show each week on cable. I predict, with the three hour format, ratings more often than not below 2.5. I think within six months, we will see a 2.2 rating.

Fans are going to start to pick and choose which weeks they watch Raw, which hours they watch, which segments they watch. They will flock to online highlight clips, saving themselves hours of watching filler that Vince McMahon clearly has put no thought into and characters wrestling longer matches that fans have been conditioned to believe don't even matter that much anyway.

The idea of the show being "interactive" saving this from being a completely disaster is wishful thinking. Fans are used to controlling a lot of things in this era of technology. They can control how the home screen on their phone looks, the big picture on their Facebook home page, what their ring tone sounds like, which video game system they play, what shows from Netflix of on-demand they watch and when. But at some point, it's up to the experts to decide what's best for them and to let viewers settle in for the ride.

WWE, by pitching that fans decide who wrestles whom or what the stips are, is essentially telling viewers "we don't know what we're doing." Imagine going to see "The Avengers" and people got to vote on their phone for which costumes the super heroes wore, what battles they would engage in, which bad guy to go after first, etc. That's not why people go to movies. That's why they play video games. People go to movies to be taken for a ride, not to sit in the driver's seat.

PopOnCloud9

All Star
Daps
I'll just continue to tune in at 9pm as usual. fukk a tuning in at 8.

Busby

Real name no gimmicks..
Daps
Reppin
San Jose, Cali
Think about the night after doing a 4 hour Wrestlemania they have to go out the NEXT night and put on a 3 hour Raw...

DANJ!

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Bad, bad, bad idea.

Unless they're completely doing away w/ the brand extension and planning on just putting everyone on one show, there is no reason to have Raw be three hours every week. As was said earlier in the thread, most of those 3-hr. Raws are exhausting and unnecessary enough. No need to have it every single week. It leaves room for more filler, more matches that no one gives a sh*t about, more skits, and an overall longer viewing experience that I don't think everybody's gonna be hyped to sit through.

Status
Not open for further replies.