Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • 5 (it works)

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 4 17.4%

Votes: 8 34.8%
  • 10 (Premier institution of Black Excellence)

Votes: 7 30.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Spade

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DC/Texas/Chicago
I'll give it a 7. It would be higher if the infrastructure was improved and they had better leadership. Some of the halls clearly have seen better days. Love how it is integrated within the city though. Not to far from the U Street/Florida Ave areas. Wish metro was just a bit closer as well In fact, I would say U Street Metro is not that much out of the way than Shaw. But they have a great culture IMO

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'll give it a 7. It would be higher if the infrastructure was improved and they had better leadership. Some of the halls clearly have seen better days. Love how it is integrated within the city though. Not to far from the U Street/Florida Ave areas. Wish metro was just a bit closer as well In fact, I would say U Street Metro is not that much out of the way than Shaw. But they have a great culture IMO

I stayed taking the U Street metro. Shaw felt farther for some reason eventhough they were equal distance.

DrBanneker

Space is the Place
Daps
Reppin
Figthing borg at Wolf 359
Autodesk just gave the Mechanical Engineering Department $1M for new equipment and facilities. I am sure those grads will get a hook up too. That's the silver lining to the building, etc. issues: solid industry connections

The Solid One

Superstar
Daps
Let’s be for real this is the best HBCU (no disrespect to Spelman). First off it’s a university so you can go to Howard and end up as a Doctor, lawyer, Dentist, Pharmacist or get your MBA. That alone gets you high marks. Going to a university >> going to a college.

The only reason I’m not giving it a ten is because they sent me my acceptance letter in August. Like nikka da fukk I already paid Stonybrook deposits and everything.
I heard stonybrook is a boring school full with Asian students.

Last edited:

RealCrownHeights

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bucktown
My girl went there. I give it a 10 based off prestige and similar to my group all of her friends are gainfully employed, in a doctoral program or residency.

People from there “claim” they are more down to earth and less pretentious than Spelhouse in one breath but scream we are the real HU and boast “well the sorority chapter at HU is the founding one so I have some authority and more prestige than the others” like who cares lmao.

But overall black excellence. I get into debates with her and her friends about which college experience would be better.

But yea based off accomplishments, history and name and Donny Hathaway-10.

Daps
I didn't attend but I have been to a few football games back in the day.
"First and ten, Bison you know ............ nikkas"
One year Diddy came back to campus and the girls were fawning over him and following him and his body guards around.
To show you how long ago it was he had a new single out and when on the track before the game his crew were throwing cd singles out to the crowd with people - again women - fighting over them.
Then he threw one out into the band section ................. they threw it back. lol
:russ::russ:

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.

Cold Chillin' Records Co-Founder Fly Ty To Be Honored By His Alma Mater Howard University​

October 20, 2023

Cold Chillin' Records and Mr. Magic's Rap Attack co-founder Tyrone "Fly Ty" Williams is being honored this weekend (10/21) by his Alma Mater, Howard University. Ty made history and helped rap music become the powerhouse that it became in the mid 80's as co-creator of Mr. Magic's Rap Attack.

The show, which aired on New York's WBLS, became a breeding ground for record company A&R personnel, as Magic and Tyrone would broadcast music from unsigned artists, prompting listeners to visit record stores looking for music that wasn't commercially available. Tapes of The Rap Attack show traveled around the country and later the world, creating a cult following.

Fly Ty shared his early radio history with Rock The Bells, and explained the birth of Mr. Magic's Rap Attack. "I remember when he first told me that he was going on the radio," he recounts. "He asked me to produce his show and by sheer coincidence, we got hired at WBLS the same week. If you didn't have an FCC license you could work under an engineer's license, but again the engineers thought that rap was ignorant and they saw Magic the same way. Magic was able to work on the radio under my license. I became the producer and engineer for Mr. Magic's Rap Attack."

9ea3d6a5-fe77-4a30-82d5-c4233301c376_Flyty2.jpg

After managing artists and producing records released by Roxanne Shantè, Biz Markie and Craig G on Philadelphia's Pop Art Records, Tyrone, Mr. Magic, and Marley Marl decided to form their own label. After forming the short-lived Bridge Records in conjunction with Pop Art and releasing MC Shan's groundbreaking single, "The Bridge"/"Beat Biter," Ty and company formed Cold Chillin' Records and eventually entered into a distribution deal with Warner Brothers, releasing music by MC Shan, Biz Markie, Big Daddy Kane, Marley Marl, Roxanne Shanté and a pre-Wu-Tang Genius.

Fly Ty, who earned his degree from Washington D.C.'s Howard University, will be honored at the Bison Awards Dinner & Royal Blue Gala during the University's homecoming weekend.

"I am truly honored by the recognition and honor that my school, Howard University, has bestowed upon me. Truly grateful," Ty says of the upcoming ceremony.

He will be honored along with Oscar nominated movie producer Charles D. King, actor and director Amin Joseph, former Biden-Harris SBA political appointee Natalie Cofield, CEO of NFL Players Association Teri Smith and other esteemed honorees.