Rate This City: Day 27 - San Diego

Rate: San Diego

• Total voters

A1aaa

Respectful Fade Runner & Card Puller
Daps
SD is a slowed down, more conservative L.A. with better beaches and worse drivers. Baddest women in Cali...but again using L.A. as a metric, the nightlife is okay.

Reminds me of Honolulu in terms of being a beach town with a military presence.

I'm prob in the minority here but I'd rather live in Long Beach than SD.

Anyway, overall 7.5-8. Still better than a majority of places in America despite its flaws.

Carolina Slim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh by way of Crooklyn
Only been once and that was for a work conference a few years ago. Loved it. Some of the most beautiful women I've ever seen. Dope weather. Like a poster said, I didn't see a ton of black people there, but I just figured that was because we weren't doing a lot of traveling. Either we were at the hotel, being taken to dine-arounds somewhere near the water, and then hitting Gaslamp to drink. Would love to go back and explore, plus I got a homie that lives a little north of the city.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Moved here November last year and never looked back since :blessed:
The beaches:wow:

The food:ohlawd:

The women:shaq:

What an amazing city
Co sign

best city ive ever lived outside of maybe miami... but its better

it’s like living in Hawaii but better and cheaper and with more options and more diversity..

weather is always damn near perfect..

food is amazing no matter where you go...

multi-cultural/diverse...

always shyt to do, easy to get around...

always places to go (tjuana, LA, Vegas, etc)

women are beautiful AND nice...

nightlife is actually fun...

shyt is cheap (if you know how to handle things)...

etc.

shyt is a 10... might want to live there if i ever get the right job offer

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Side note, i went to school in SD for like a year while I was in the Navy... i HATED it for like a month when i got there.

Then i stopped hanging on base, met people, went out, went places, etc., i loved the city afterwhile.

I remember being downtown playing pool with the pool sharks, the food, the underground salsa clubs, being able to go out on Sunday mornings/nights and still have fun, the rooftop bars on Christmas, etc. shyt was just a dope place to live. Food was on point, women were on point and polite, even the hood clubs in chula vista were a good time...

after I finished school i was offered a teaching position at the school with the Navy, basically training others in the IT program and I turned it down. Probably the biggest mistake I ever made in my life

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.
Damn I didn't post my thoughts in the Rio thread yet.....these threads moving fast lol.....how did it end up only #10 :francis: Charlotte over Rio? Rio is a world famous mega city up there with NYC and LA......each section is a different vibe and world... I'm really interested in seeing what this list ends up looking like cuz folks just throwing 10s out like it's nothing :russ:

The coli is arguably one of the worst places to talk about cities lol.