Rate This City: Day 13 - Pittsburgh

Rate: Pittsburgh

• Total voters

General Mills

More often than not I tend to take that L.
Daps
Reppin
Piffsburgh, PA
Its funny seeing people mention not seeing any sun in pitt from october to the summer. I was home for a week and a half in December. It was dark and grey the whole time. :mjlol: I took my girl with me on this trip. Her first time up there. She was :dwillhuh: How do yall stand it? It is so depressing. :wow:

It was good being home but man oh man. When you go to the black parts of town it is so depressing. My cousin has a hair shop in Wilkinsburg. I went to visit her and her moms at the shop. I am driving around Wilkinsburg and I was :picard: Not to be fair. When I as a kid it was not always cheery. But it USED to be black working class. It is straight up Beriut now. I actually was concerned for my cousins safety. She said he is never in the shop alone. Always has family in there so that made me feel better.

Visited another Aunt who is staying in Turtle Creek. The whole area looked like a 3rd world country. :mjcry: They make sure to keep the black areas looking like horseshyt.

Imhotep

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Went to College there in the late 90s... :old:
Lived in Oakland and frequented the "Dirty O", clubbed heavy in the Strip, Southside, etc
Decent transportation system from what I remember, Buses to everywhere and all free if you had a Pitt ID :mjgrin:
Hilly, beautiful at night especially from Mt Washintgon
The cold hits different in the Burgh tho.... :sadcam:

Kliq_Souf

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
WOL
I don't want to shyt on the city but dating is rough out here man....

black women are ROUGH. Shorties be 25 looking 45 :scusthov: , like they been through it
Most the good looking girls are transplants like me...

I ride to Columbus, way better looking women out there...

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
Its funny seeing people mention not seeing any sun in pitt from october to the summer. I was home for a week and a half in December. It was dark and grey the whole time. :mjlol: I took my girl with me on this trip. Her first time up there. She was :dwillhuh: How do yall stand it? It is so depressing. :wow:

It was good being home but man oh man. When you go to the black parts of town it is so depressing. My cousin has a hair shop in Wilkinsburg. I went to visit her and her moms at the shop. I am driving around Wilkinsburg and I was :picard: Not to be fair. When I as a kid it was not always cheery. But it USED to be black working class. It is straight up Beriut now. I actually was concerned for my cousins safety. She said he is never in the shop alone. Always has family in there so that made me feel better.

Visited another Aunt who is staying in Turtle Creek. The whole area looked like a 3rd world country. :mjcry: They make sure to keep the black areas looking like horseshyt.

It hasn't been that cold so far, pretty warm actually. So I'm thinking maybe we will get an early spring this year. So maybe them grey skies will be done by the time march hits.

But yeah sure is depressing :wow:

If you're black in the burgh and haven't managed to ekk out something in a decent area. Then you're either getting pushed further out or you're rolling out to other states. Hell I'm surprised my mom's side of the family is still here in large numbers.

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
I don't want to shyt on the city but dating is rough out here man....

black women are ROUGH. Shorties be 25 looking 45 :scusthov: , like they been through it
Most the good looking girls are transplants like me...

I ride to Columbus, way better looking women out there...

The women here are rough in general. :skip:

Black women don't hit the wall anywhere near as badly as the white woman here do tho :yeshrug:

but yeah the women who came here from other places look better.

N711oir

All Star
Daps
:scust: all those hills

cold weather

You can't get a decent slice a pizza anywhere in that city:comeon:

Perogie eating C*ck suckers:scust:

:dame:

I really want to go in:hubie:

but aware of our history the Moores/ Mound Builders/ Pyramids

A lot of "mountains" in the United States / and Mexico are actually pyramids/ mounds built by our ancestors

They do have a Healthy "black" community

But I just can't that place:francis:

Sankofa Alwayz

#FBADOS #B1 #D(M)V #KnowThyself #WaveGod
Daps
Reppin
Pretty Girl County, MD
I still do wanna check Da Burgh out one day. I was originally gonna intern at a Black history museum for the Smithsonian in that city during my junior year back in college, it was somewhere in the Southside. I forgot what the museum was called tho.

Can any Pitt nikkas tell me how well it compares to Philly, DC, and Bmore?

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
:russ: so accurate :dwillhuh:

What y’all mean, it’s a lot of transplants moving there ??

I still do wanna check Da Burgh out one day. I was originally gonna intern at a Black history museum for the Smithsonian in that city during my junior year back in college, it was somewhere in the Southside. I forgot what the museum was called tho.

I’ve never been to the burg, but from reading the accounts, it’s no where near Philly or DC, imho can’t call it on B more

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps

Knew I wasn't tripping. :russ:

Rare sunny days wash over Pittsburgh — one of the cloudiest cities in the U.S.

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC

What y’all mean, it’s a lot of transplants moving there ??

I’ve never been to the burg, but from reading the accounts, it’s no where near Philly or DC, imho can’t call it on B more

DC and Philly are world class cities that are in a different sphere of relevance than Pittsburgh. Not a fair comparison. I certainly would take DC over Pgh. Philly, I'm not really that high on to be honest. But objectively it's a stronger city, so much larger...

Baltimore is larger than Pgh but much closer in size than the other two. I'd take Pgh over Bmore easily. Pgh is the more beautiful city with a better natural setting and better architecture. Pgh local culture is more eclectic than Bmore's. Pgh is the safer city with the better downtown and better education infrastructure....

My opinion Pittsburgh shyts on Baltimore...