Rate This City: Day 13 - Pittsburgh

Rate: Pittsburgh

• Total voters

General Mills

More often than not I tend to take that L.
Daps
Reppin
Piffsburgh, PA

Noriega

Simps R Us
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Southside,Chicago
My hometown. Piffsburgh.
I grew up in the suburbs. I had a lovely child hood. All of my cousins were in the hood. Wilkinsburg and Homewood so I grew to know those areas fairly well too.
When I was younger the hoods were working class black people.... as crack took hold it turned to shyt:mjcry:

Has yet to recover. :mjcry:

Piffsburgh was hit bad also economically for a while after the steel mills closed. But got a resurgence with medical and technical jobs.

i love my hometown but had zero issues moving south. And have no intention of moving back even tho most of my fam are still there.

Still rock with my Piffsburgh sports teams and follow them closely.

I personally never had any real issues with police and outright racism. But I grew up sheltered and know that I was lucky. It’s not all sweet.
How the girls at Carnegie-Mellon and Pitt:jbhmm:

Daps
Like Mankind / Mick Foley??
:dwillhuh:
3Gduepif0T1UGY8H4xMDoxOjA4MTsiGN_4725799.jpg

InGodWeTrust

Tall & Handsome in ATL
Daps
From OH so I've went to Pitt a decent amount.

Me and Wiz used to smash the same chick (my fwb) til she curved me for him when he was back in town and I was en route through Youngstown.

Always loved how the skyline opens up after a tunnel. The night skyline is so underrated when you see it in person. The "triangle" is dope.

The women were inviting as well. I was only downtown for frat events but I'd give it a 7/10 from my experience. I'm sure it's probably worse since I moved south and couldn't bear the weather full time.

Based on the rankings, the official score should be 5/10. If you've never visited, you won't miss much by never having been to Pittsburgh. :ld:

B86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Da Burgh
1/10

Spent a few months up there last summer for this training session and never been surrounded by so many white folk in my life. Most of the blacks I saw there were with white people.

Pirmanti Bros was trash too.
Primantis is the most bland, overhyped food I've ever tasted. The only sandwiches we have to brag about is Peppis and even those are just whatever

B86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Da Burgh
Most depressing city that I’ve ever had the displeasure of riding and stopping through. Like the city was perpetually caught under a grey cloud. Everything is grey.
That's why this was the perfect place to shoot The Dark Knight (if I'm not mistaking). It's dark, dreary, and depressing, just like Gotham City is supposed to be

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
That's why this was the perfect place to shoot The Dark Knight (if I'm not mistaking). It's dark, dreary, and depressing, just like Gotham City is supposed to be
:ohhh:What??? For real? The Dark Knight was shot in Pittsburgh and not New York?? Never new that - Wowwww. That’s the word I describe it as, Dreary. No offense to anyone there but that was my perspective.

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
Never been but I want to visit cause apparently their city makes the food network a lot for sandwiches lol.

Probably the Primanti Bros. sandwich. In Pittsburgh, they put fries on everything: sandwich, pizza, everything.

:ohhh: Might have to try them out one day.

Other than the city having a history of steel mills and the Steelers, Pirates, and Penguins, I don't know shyt about Pittsburgh. Doesn't seem like nothing more than a weekend trip city. Gonna need to learn more about it.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation