Rate This City: Day 13 - Pittsburgh

Rate: Pittsburgh

• Total voters

B86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Da Burgh
7/10. Underrated city, a few large Black communities over there. White people are typical working class types for the most part, a little bigoted but are generally ok. Underrated architecture and some of the the views on the water are actually really nice. My wife has some family out there. Worth visiting at least once. Seems like a city on the rise.
I think your whole perception of Pittsburgh is totally off. No opportunities for blacks; racist as fukk. shytty roads tear up our cars. Ran down looking, overall. Milk is 4.75 a gallon. Gas is $3. Nothing to do. The black communities are totally fukked up...I’ve lived in 6 other cities in 4 different states and this has to be the worst of all of them

Pittsburgh Is the Worst City in America for Black People. Here's How It Can Get Better

How Pittsburgh Fails Black Women in 6 Charts - CityLab

1/10

DatNkkaCutty

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
@ PA
Much smaller city (downtown area)...than I assumed w/ the way they BIG Pittsburgh up in the media...I thought it would be sumthin...:scusthov:

Racially segregrated than a MFer which is easily noticable if your an out-of-towner. Dem nggas livin in the twilight zone sayin otherwise...:manny:

Black areas I was around looked poverty stricken. Had to tool up anytime I took my ass over to the SSIDE for some fukkery...:mjpls:

Too many dumb ass hills. Winter must be a bytch. Went up roller-coaster drop streets..I don't even know how cats could live or park on...:scust:

Easy to :eat: on hoes if your not from out there. Would stay in PGH on weekends...when goin to visit my bro locked up in a state pen OTW. Never took an L on a weekend out there regardin hoes (ratchets and respectables always down to pop).

If it's 2019 here...it feels like 2016 out there...somethins
a step behind...:lolbron:

Completely
different vibe than the other side of the state because of its Midwest feel. The ppl move different. That rust-belt shyt...:scust:

Overall I give it a 6 if only for fun I had wit the local thots
...:ehh:

Have no qualms about hangin on some "in & out" shyt for the weekend. Could never live...:camby:

Last edited:

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
Man that shyt is an easy 8, and among its weight class, I would say Pgh might be the very best city of its size in the country...

Drawbacks are its unbelievably segregated, and to be honest is one of the worst cities for blacks in the nation. So really I should give it a lower ranking, right?

But opportunity is largely what you make it, and if shyt lined up right I'd take a crack at living there. It's beautiful, and has a ton of shyt to do for its size. People are unbelievably friendly. You can make something there if you're trying to but they are losing their black population at an alarming rate...

I may be biased from a visitors perspective, but I spent 3 days there and absolutely loved it...

My kids mom just said she'll give it a 6, and she's tough on places. I will lower it to a 7.5 for how difficult it is to be black there...

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
Worse than Buffalo?

Last time I was in Buffalo, I was about 6yrs old- I don’t remember too much about it.

Pittsburgh has way more going on than Ruff Buff, but the city to really compare Buff to is Cleveland; Buffalo basically is a Baby Cleveland...and I love Buffalo...

Daps
Reppin
#RIP Kobe
our Mayor is Mick Foley
330px-Bill_Peduto.jpg

Like Mankind / Mick Foley??
:dwillhuh: