• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GrindtooFilthy

World Class SuperVillain
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA, CT, NH
If you're basing this on the anime you're going to have a bad time the manga has been fire lately

Thanos

?
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
6 out of 10.

The story is too "Hero" in My Hero Academia. Basically, the villains are completely cookie cutter and have no real purpose. Even Stain doesn't go into the details of why he is angry. Too many seasons have gone by with absolutely no explanation as to the motivations of the bad guys other than a generic world view. This is just bad writing.

In Naruto, every villain, even the small ones have a REASON for their actions. It is not some world belief. It is personal, sometimes relatable.

Stain has the strongest background of all the villians, and they wasted him.

Jasonmask

Superstar
Daps
Black clover, OPM, and mob psycho 100 are all better than this. Nothing above a 7 and that’s being nice too much filler the action sequences for the most part are too short. I did enjoy the all might fights so this season is going to determine if I want to keep watching

Consumed

Superstar
Daps
Feels one dimensional and incomplete. MHA rides off very strong production values and endearing characters working towards their dream. For some this is all that matters for it to be a classic, and that's fair. others might dislike that by episode fifty none of students are even close to reaching their goals - a lot of them don't even seem like they should be heroes because their abilities are too niche, which may leave you wondering where the progression is even headed and how long it'll take to get there.

It would help if MHA did anything well outside of animation and making the students, teachers likable/sympathetic figures. It teases romance that doesn't go anywhere. The designs for the students look goofy for the most part. The villains didn't feel very convincing. Only a few characters get any level of interiority. All Might is the best character by a mile and more or less carried my interest in the show on his back. His fight with All for One was incredible, but there wasn't a lot outside of that fight that stuck with me. I'll give it a 6

edit - I second @Thanos in nominating GTO...Assassination Classroom may not even exist without it.

Last edited:

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
My Hero is apart of the new generation of starter animes.

It follows several cliches and never tries to stray the line of being an anime different than its expectations. The animation is great and some of the designs are cool but the story and world feel deceptively flat and linear.

Character motivations aren't convincing and the show is quite predictable, then again it is a starter anime much like Attack on Titan.

6/10

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Voted 9

I really fukks with this anime. Animation is top notch, dope characters, heartfelt real situations, good overall story. My biggest gripe is that for a action anime, the pacing is off. You'll have stretches of episodes where regular non action shyt is going on until you get to an episode where they finally give you a good epic fight. When they do get to the fights, them nikkas go all out, but sometimes if just feel like it take forever to get them parts. Pacing keeps it from being a 10 for me. I like everything else about it.

I feel like Black clover does a better job of balancing the action and story, plus the fights are more epic.