“Rate Limit Exceeded” on Twitter.

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
STOP USING TWITTER! shyt BEEN WASHED SINCE THAT STINKY MUSTY CAC TOOK OVER AND MADE IT A shytHOLE FOR BOTS, ASSHEADS, AND REGULATIONS:mindblown:
It's not that easy since I use Twitter for actual artistic and business networking and relationships with people on Twitter.

I know a lot of yall pride yourself on only having an email address...but some of us actually use Twitter to make money and network.

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
It's not that easy since I use Twitter for actual artistic and business networking and relationships with people on Twitter.

I know a lot of yall pride yourself on only having an email address...but some of us actually use Twitter to make money and network.

Touche.

I used to use Twitter to market my writing, but its been a wild shytshow, and it hurts that Mastadon is such a nerdy slog to use.

I wish there were alternatives that did not require using such a flawed system.

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It’s censorship due to the riots in France. Macron pleaded with SM networks yesterday for censorship & this is Elon playing his part.

But some useful idiots would tell that there’s no censorship in the west.:russ:
Not the first time Elon asissted censorship. Actually this is like the third time in 2 months.

Bu b but muh free speech

Daps
U.S. NEWS

Elon Musk announces new daily Twitter limitations as thousands of users report problems accessing site​

Musk said that verified accounts are limited to reading 6,000 posts a day. For unverified accounts, the number drops drastically to 600 posts a day.

The Twitter offices in San Francisco

The Twitter offices in San Francisco

July 1, 2023, 11:49 AM CDT
By Ashley Capoot, CNBC and Minyvonne Burke

Elon Musk is limiting the daily number of tweets users can read, the Tesla and SpaceX CEO announced Saturday as thousands of users reported problems attempting to access the social media site.

In a tweet Saturday afternoon, Musk said that verified accounts are limited to reading 6,000 posts a day. For unverified accounts, the number drops drastically to 600 posts a day. New unverified users can only access 300 posts a day.

Musk said the new change is temporary and was put in place to "address extreme levels of data scraping & system manipulation." It's the latest widespread outage since he acquired the social media site late last year.

Many users who tried to access or post content on Twitter’s website or mobile app were met with a “Rate limit exceeded” or “Cannot retrieve tweets” error message. As of 11 a.m. ET, more than 7,300 people reported issues with Twitter to the website Downdetector. Twitter responded to CNBC’s request for comment with its customary poop emoji.

Saturday’s outage is not the first time Twitter has suffered technical difficulties in recent months. In February, users were unable to post on the site for about 90 minutes after receiving a message that read, “You are over the daily limit for sending Tweets.” In March, users were temporarily unable to click on links or load images.

Other outages coincided with reports of a data center closure and massive layoffs at Twitter, which Musk claimed were necessary for the financial health of the company.

Last edited: