Ratchet and Clank PS5 to support 60fps

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
wait why is their first party title running at 60fps big news?
Oh they know why
Your point is that the PS5 won't be running current-gen games? You're not getting a game that looks like the new R and C at a native 4k/60 especially when it has ray-traced reflections.

Sure, but not at the fidelity we're seeing in Rift Apart. Deathloop and Quantum Error already achieve native 4k/60 on PS5, so it's not really a question on whether it can be done. It's simply a design choice. There are even announced 120fps games. We'll see 4k/60 titles on the Series X, but they won't look like HellBlade 2.
Hellblade 2 will be 4k/60 :francis:
gonna assume that's probably based off of one 3rd party game performance because of the dev themselves. I can't see first party titles not running at 60fps.
Most first party ps5 games are targeting 30fps, any title can run at 60fps but they have to lower resolution. Their top titles was running at 1440p/30fps so 1080p/60fps with VRR and you start to question how next gen is that system???
Hopefully lower resolution/60fps becomes standard
If I don't see a lower resolution/60fps option for any future next gen games now :stopitslime:
You know, I hear this xbox series S is designed with your logic in mind. Do you see the brilliance or are you calling your own logic, stupid :sas2:

gtj1982

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
America's Darkside--210
Maybe I'm the only who can't tell the difference between 60 and 30fps. I remember on the last of us remake I kept switching between modes Anna couldn't figure out what I was supposed to be noticing. I play mostly RPGs though so I'm taking 30FPS all day.

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
Maybe I'm the only who can't tell the difference between 60 and 30fps. I remember on the last of us remake I kept switching between modes Anna couldn't figure out what I was supposed to be noticing. I play mostly RPGs though so I'm taking 30FPS all day.

I can only tell if I’m actually playing but I’m cool with a locked 30 FPS honestly.

it is smoother but since I’m not a pc player I’m not really use to it.

Either way, I’m not a stickler for all that shyt. I don’t really notice it if I’m having fun.

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
That’s big news for me :ohlawd: hoping but not expecting this to set a precedent

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Game is gonna be trash right?
Sunset overdrive would never.
Your shtick is getting old and corny.:stopitslime:

I never claimed this game would be bad. Just talking about the technology being used. All of insomniacs games use baked lighting, it allows them be very specific about the lighting and overall look of the game.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Your shtick is getting old and corny.:stopitslime:

I never claimed this game would be bad. Just talking about the technology being used. All of insomniacs games use baked lighting, it allows them be very specific about the lighting and overall look of the game.
My shtick?
What’s the point of your comments in this thread? Does the game look good or not...or are you in here to let everyone know the lighting isn’t ray tracing therefore it must be whack?

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
My shtick?
What’s the point of your comments in this thread? Does the game look good or not...or are you in here to let everyone know the lighting isn’t ray tracing therefore it must be whack?
The point of my comment was to talk about the technical implications of a 60fps “mode”

we don’t know what the 60fps mode looks like:ehh:

Now why you in here other than to say some dumb shyt:mjpls:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
The point of my comment was to talk about the technical implications of a 60fps “mode”

we don’t know what the 60fps mode looks like:ehh:

Now why you in here other than to say some dumb shyt:mjpls:
All of this on both ms and Sony side is buzz words and marketing bs. We’ll see what’s what when the games actually come out. Don’t know why so many people are wasting so much time arguing about P’s and Frames of games they haven’t actually played.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
All of this on both ms and Sony side is buzz words and marketing bs. We’ll see what’s what when the games actually come out. Don’t know why so many people are wasting so much time arguing about P’s and Frames of games they haven’t actually played.
Nothing else to talk about.

It’s Ratchet and Clank:comeon:

If people weren’t attaching their next gen aspirations to it there would be nothing to talk about:yeshrug:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Nothing else to talk about.

It’s Ratchet and Clank:comeon:

If people weren’t attaching their next gen aspirations to it there would be nothing to talk about:yeshrug:
We can talk excitement without falling into the marketing trap.
4k/120fps has been mentioned so many times now that people are really acting like 4k/30fps looks complete garbage and anything that isn’t 4k/120fps is worthless.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
We can talk excitement without falling into the marketing trap.
4k/120fps has been mentioned so many times now that people are really acting like 4k/30fps looks complete garbage and anything that isn’t 4k/120fps is worthless.
Hey man, I’m not the one being irrational about everything.

My posts in this thread were about realistic performance expectations based on what we know about the hardware.

Y’all the ones running around acting crazy in all the threads. Same with the Halo stuff. It’s all overblown consoles wars nonsense.:stopitslime: