Ratchet and Clank PS5 to support 60fps

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
@The Mad Titan but I thought PS5 was struggling with 60fps games? That's already three games from the first party studios that will offer a 60fps mode. Something that a few months ago y'all were all "Sony shown more 30fps titles than 60fps titles."

I know y'all about to put on ya'll cleats to move the goal post to "but 4K/60fps tho..."
?!

It's always been about 4k/60fps...

I mean the option is offered in some current gen games now. Why wouldn't the ps5 be able to do the same thing?

• Dap
Reactions: PS4

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Your entire post seems to be based on what you want to be true more than anything else.

Your started by making a bogus claim of 1080p, then moved the goal posts to base 1080p-reconstructed, when they use ~1600p base on the pro for the temporal injection technique.

Insomniac doesn't play loose with words. They straight up state how things are and it is already confirmed native 4k/30. And DF confirmed it as well.

People should be happy over this. If the less capable system is doing this then it bodes well for the one that's slightly more powerful.

Obviously it will be reconstructed. That’s a given.

Base resolution will be well below 4K. Again that’s the point of having a performance mode.

Got nothing to do with what I want to happen. These cards exist in the PC space already. And that’s about the level of performance that are getting.

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Obviously it will be reconstructed. That’s a given.

Base resolution will be well below 4K. Again that’s the point of having a performance mode.

Got nothing to do with what I want to happen. These cards exist in the PC space already. And that’s about the level of performance that are getting.
You made some very specific claims that were wrong*. *I* know how reconstruction works.

Be happy about 1080p brehs :mjlol:

The base resolution will be around 1080p and they will use reconstruction to produce a 4K image.

Also they play lose with words. They say it will be 4K but that doesn’t say “native” so the 4K mode might be reconstruction too.

The bold was all bullshyt and your words.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
You made some very specific claims that were wrong*. *I* know how reconstruction works.

The bold was all bullshyt and your words.
I mean you can play dumb if you want, but obviously reconstructions/upscaling will be used.

And you obviously don’t know how reconstruction works. Or you chose to play dumb.

Nothing I can help you with there:manny:

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I mean you can play dumb if you want, but obviously reconstructions/upscaling will be used.

And you obviously don’t know how reconstruction works. Or you chose to play dumb.

Nothing I can help you with there:manny:
Their resolution mode was already confirmed native 4k. It is also in the video link I posted above. It's even timestamped for you. The rest of your post is just projection. You said a bunch of false shyt and now you're trying to save face.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Their resolution mode was already confirmed native 4k. It is also in the video link I posted above. It's even timestamped for you. The rest of your post is just projection. You said a bunch of false shyt and now you're trying to save face.
I didn’t click the video. If it’s been confirmed native 4K then great. I didn’t know that.

There’s plenty of games out now, that have a “4K” mode on consoles but aren’t actually 4K. I simply said until it’s confirmed native 4K then it could be reconstruction and/or dynamic 4K.

But on the other hand, unless DF has final game code, then the exact spec of anything they’ve analyzed isn’t final. In the past early demos have been “4K” then when they release theres some FauxK fukkery going on. :manny:

• Dap

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Your point is that the PS5 won't be running current-gen games? You're not getting a game that looks like the new R and C at a native 4k/60 especially when it has ray-traced reflections.
Nah my point was that if current gen console offer can do it, then next gen def can.

What fat is talking about was me talking about ps5 potentially not being able to do 4k (native) and 60fps games still. Where as the xbox series X will more than likely be able to...somehow that got changed to what he posted though :unimpressed:

• Dap

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Nah my point was that if current gen console offer can do it, then next gen def can.

What fat is talking about was me talking about ps5 potentially not being able to do 4k (native) and 60fps games still. Where as the xbox series X will more than likely be able to...somehow that got changed to what he posted though :unimpressed:

It's not the "can" IMO, it's at what cost...

Daps
I liked Ratchet and Clank before, but this new one is looking like a legit killer app. I don't know that I would have expected that from Ratchet and Clank of all game series after two decades of very good, but not technically mindblowing games.