Ratchet and Clank PS5 to support 60fps

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
--I understand. Also, what frame rates and resolutions are supported?

Increasing the beauty of the microphone image reduces the frame rate, which is a difficult balance to achieve in any game. In this game, we've focused on balancing the comfort of the action with beautiful graphics while allowing players to choose between two different resolutions and frame rates. One is a 4K resolution at 30FPS, and the other is a lower resolution at 60FPS. We're planning to offer either of these two options.

Ishytate-I'd like to add that in Ratchet & Clank, starting in the latter half of the PS3 era, we've chosen to ditch the 60FPS of the PS2 era for 30FPS in order to make the graphics more beautiful, and the actual gameplay has been made at 30FPS. This time around, players can choose whether to go the 60FPS route of the PS2 era or the high resolution & 30FPS route of the PS3 and beyond.

@The Mad Titan but I thought PS5 was struggling with 60fps games? That's already three games from the first party studios that will offer a 60fps mode. Something that a few months ago y'all were all "Sony shown more 30fps titles than 60fps titles."

I know y'all about to put on ya'll cleats to move the goal post to "but 4K/60fps tho..."

Last edited:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
We have a long way to go optimization wise so not going into specifics but with our temporal injection it’ll look great.

The original Ratchet on PS4 looked great on the Pro since it used the same thing.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I've been saying this from jump, most early games apart from sports games/fighting games will not hit 4k60.

1E9xHDY.png

Craig says Hi :troll:

craigbruteis_3225373.png

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Why would it be 1080p? They're going to use the same technique they used w/ pro versions of their games to get a reconstructed 4k image.

The base resolution will be around 1080p and they will use reconstruction to produce a 4K image.

Also they play lose with words. They say it will be 4K but that doesn’t say “native” so the 4K mode might be reconstruction too.

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
The base resolution will be around 1080p and they will use reconstruction to produce a 4K image.

Also they play lose with words. They say it will be 4K but that doesn’t say “native” so the 4K mode might be reconstruction too.
Your entire post seems to be based on what you want to be true more than anything else.

Your started by making a bogus claim of 1080p, then moved the goal posts to base 1080p-reconstructed, when they use ~1600p base on the pro for the temporal injection technique.

Insomniac doesn't play loose with words. They straight up state how things are and it is already confirmed native 4k/30. And DF confirmed it as well.

People should be happy over this. If the less capable system is doing this then it bodes well for the one that's slightly more powerful.