Rastas...Jamaicans...Why y'all worship an Ethiopian?

ReturnOfJudah

Veteran
Daps
Selassie's bloodline traces back to Abraham, that's part of the connection. That's why he's loved by bloodline, not by actions
How could he trace his bloodline back when the Bible says the children of Abraham Isaac and Jacob will discontinue from their heritage. Also his people didn't get shipped into slavery all over the world like the Bible states will happen
Jeremiah 17:4
And thou, even thyself, shalt discontinue from thine heritage that I gave thee; and I will cause thee to serve thine enemies in the land which thou knowest not: for ye have kindled a fire in mine anger, which shall burn for ever.

• Dap
Reactions: IVS

Address_Unknown

Jesus Loves you...Your Cat doesn't. {#Dogset}
Daps
That Rasta shyt don't fly in the Caribbean. They basically get discriminated here :yeshrug:

Maybe the dusty ones chanting garbled Capelton lyrics before they hit the dutchie and double brown bag their KFC orders, breh. I don't know which part of the Caribbean you on but the religious Rastafarians and for the most part, those that don't impose the stereotypical jobless, drug smoking layabout routine alot of deluded and bandwagonning brehs/brehettes who throw in locks to complete the look for a lifestyle of sedentary stealing/begging aren't as looked down upon as the latter from the general public.

I mean, you right with the fact that they get discriminated regardless of their appearance and outlook from certain folk who don't even want to look past the locks and the weed smoke, but the peace faring, mostly law abiding religious ones and those close to that ideal are really well received from what I've seen all over.:ld:

Now while Rastafarianism is rooted in some troubling shyt, with the Selassie Business:skip: and all, I ain't never seen another movement that promotes love for the Black Woman on some love and nurture shyt.:wow:

SubZero

Hall Of Fame
Daps
Reppin
Wall Street - Black Renaissance Purveyor
How could he trace his bloodline back when the Bible says the children of Abraham Isaac and Jacob will discontinue from their heritage. Also his people didn't get shipped into slavery all over the world like the Bible states will happen
And thou, even thyself, shalt discontinue from thine heritage that I gave thee; and I will cause thee to serve thine enemies in the land which thou knowest not: for ye have kindled a fire in mine anger, which shall burn for ever.

I see you can expend time on casting aspersions on the next person's belief, rather than question why you still worship a racist cac god that has put you in bondage for over 400 years.

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Isn't time for you to start questioning your cac god that has failed black folks for 400 years?

SeveroDrgnfli

Ain't nobody tryin to get indicted.
Daps
Reppin
Always
That wasn't what he asked.
Exactly. When someone isn't intelligent enough to have a debate they attack the character of their opponent.

OP is raising a valid point and of course rather than discuss the topic idiots have made the thread about the poster.

ReturnOfJudah

Veteran
Daps
I see you can expend time on casting aspersions on the next person's belief, rather than question why you still worship a racist cac god that has put you in bondage for over 400 years.

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Isn't time for you to start questioning your cac god that has failed black folks for 400 years?
The Bible describes Christ with woolly hair and skin the same color of burnt brass (obviously black). Sounds like you never opened the Bible in your life if you think Christ was a CAC
And the Bible explains exactly why we went to slavery into this country. Just like it explained the other times we went into slavery for disobeying our GOD

HopeKillCure

Banned
Daps
Reppin
On a queue
Yes, they did:francis: Ethiopia's "people" are a pretty large area that is bigger than modern Ethiopia. Arabs were part of the slave trade and many slaves came from Eastern as well as Western Africa. Many Rastas, like these hebrew Israelites to a small exent, believe in that part of the prophecy you just mentioned. The bloodline is lineage and fortifies the claims.

TRFG

Not who you think
Daps

Sometimes I wonder if god came back to earth and forced them christian blacks into slavery if they would be ok with it :jbhmm:

I mean the bible says slavery is ok :troll:

SubZero

Hall Of Fame
Daps
Reppin
The Bible describes Christ with woolly hair and skin the same color of burnt brass (obviously black). Sounds like you never opened the Bible in your life if you think Christ was a CAC
And the Bible explains exactly why we went to slavery into this country. Just like it explained the other times we went into slavery for disobeying our GOD

:mjlol: The Bible is a fictional book of allegories and Jesus was created based on the story of Horus (solar system and constellation). No man named "Jesus" walked on this planet at any point in history. The great Nigerian writer, Chinua Achebe, described "Okonkwo" in "Things fall apart" as a black Igbo Nigerian - does that negate the fact that "Okonkwo" never walked on this planet?

If you haven't read "Things fall apart", just think about any fictional character that has ever been created in a fictional book. And that's your Jesus right there.

At least there was a man who was named: Haile Selassie 1. Where's your proof of Jesus? You might as well start worshiping the solar system, rather than bowing down to the image of the pedo, Michelangelo. :russ:

Meh, fukk the Bible...that shyt was used to destroy black people. And black people never disobeyed no damn cac god.

Last edited:

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
You guys do realize here was slave trade before the Atlantic slave trade on the east coast of Africa right? This predates the western slave trade and even continued longer as well. Arabs stole and smuggle people and still did even a few years ago in Sudan but they also go a lot of Ethiopians and have had em in the middle East for a long time. Saying his people were never taken is false... The difference is that the Europeans did massive damage in a short amount of time. Whereas the Arabs had been stealing, kidnapping and buying black people at a steady rate for centuries

SubZero

Hall Of Fame
Daps
Reppin
Sometimes I wonder if god came back to earth and forced them christian blacks into slavery if they would be ok with it :jbhmm:

I mean the bible says slavery is ok :troll:

The deranged c00n already justified the cac god's claim that we were enslaved cuz we disobeyed some cac god. :mjlol:

These religious wingnuts are crazy. :mjgrin:

Lunatics...I can't stand a lot of them. They're worse than rednecks...these folks will destroy their own just to make the cac god happy.