Rastas...Jamaicans...Why y'all worship an Ethiopian?

TRFG

Not who you think
Daps
That Rasta shyt don't fly in the Caribbean. They're basically radicals here :yeshrug:

Last edited:

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Sallasie didn't even want to be called a black man, he considered himself caucasian (he also wanted Ethiopia to be colonized so they can turn "modern", but that's a different topic for another day) :mjlol::scust:

and yet here you have these rastas basing their religion off him:picard:
I didn't even know this

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
No disrespect to anyone's religion cause ALL of them weird.

I am a Baptist simply because I was born into it, but I recognize the intellectual and historical issues. Since any institution on Earth has such issues I just came to recognize the role that upbringing plays and I stopped denying my background.

BUT

I did find it interesting that the Rastas chose duke as their person to worship and dude was like "Who, me? Nah I'm good. No thanks."

Generally the person people worship are campaigning for it.

(When I get right down to it, the whole human-as-G-d thing just flies in the face of logic. G-d is the entirety of the Universe and as such does not exist in any particular location. G-d doesn't come here, then go elsewhere because G-d is already everywhere. The analogy would be "how long does it take you to get from your big toe to your elbow". There's no travel time cause you're already at each cell in your body. A human mind no matter how intelligent couldn't encompass the vastness. All human minds that ever existed working simutaneously are only a infinitesimal fraction of the entirety of the Universe... I'll stop there.)

2stainz

GOON MUSIC
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
chitown, Sohh Icey towers, LWO
its not just Haile Selassie, but also Menelik II and a few other emperors

Also, if you are truly interested look up
  • the city of Shashemene
  • how the Organization of African Unity (now the AU) came about
  • Haile Selassies speech at the League of Nations
  • the Battle of Adwa
  • Col John C Robinson and African American pilots that fought for Ethiopia in WWII
  • Marcus Garvey
  • The Absynnian Baptist Church of Harlem (Ethiopia was originally called Absynnia)
  • the history of Lalibela
  • the history of Axum
  • the history of Gondar
  • the history of Harrar
  • Prophet Mohammad's words regarding Ethiopia
    • the first Hijra (Muslim migration)
  • the Queen of Sheba and King Solomon
    • Menelik I
    • the Ark of the covenant
  • Saint Philip the evangelist and baptism
From what Ive seen alot of connections are made in Rastafarianism with other Abrahamic religions. Some Rastas also practice Chritianity along side, Ethiopian Orthodox in particular.

HopeKillCure

Banned
Daps
Reppin
On a queue
Do Ethiopians even fukk with Jamaicans?
Yes. There are tons of Jamaicans in Ethiopia and Ethiopians do claim Rastafariamism, there are towns that are majority Rasta. When somebody like a marley comes to addiss ababa everyone going to that speech or concert.

Selassie's bloodline traces back to Abraham, that's part of the connection. That's why he's loved by bloodline, not by actions