Rare/Obscure and Unreleased fighting games

The Guru

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
There was also Power Instinct: Matrimelee. Also made by Noise Factory. Very similar to Rage of The Dragons in game play.
Power Instinct was always more on that zany Japanese game show tip though. You fight to win the right to marry some princess, who is also the final boss that has Abobo from Double Dragon coming out of a little box as one of her attacks.

By the way just noticed this :ohhh:

Did they throw in an homage to the Blade club scene?

Amor fati

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Great Britain
There was also Power Instinct: Matrimelee. Also made by Noise Factory. Very similar to Rage of The Dragons in game play.
Power Instinct was always more on that zany Japanese game show tip though. You fight to win the right to marry some princess, who is also the final boss that has Abobo from Double Dragon coming out of a little box as one of her attacks.

By the way just noticed this :ohhh:

Did they throw in an homage to the Blade club scene?

I'm guessing power instinct got released a year before Rage of The Dragons? Power Instinct seem's very light hearted compared to Rage Of The Dragons that's probably the best way to identify them as they both look similar like you stated before. Yeah when I heard the theme of the club stage the Blade movie popped up in my head but my mind went to the first movie that that also has a nightclub scene.

Amor fati

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Great Britain
Kenju: Back in 2005, Sammy was still promoting their Dreamcast based arcade hardware Atomiswave, hoping that it could pick up enough development to become the next Neo Geo MVS. We’ve highlighted some titles that were developed but never released for the Atomiswave before. Today, thanks to arcade prototype collector extraordinaire ShouTime, the focus is falling on a fighting title called KenJu. KenJu was in development around 2005 by Dream Factory (their sole arcade title was Ehrgeiz, otherwise their roster favored fighting games for console) and it got far enough along in development that it was reportedly seen on test in London at one point. As a 1-on-1 cel shaded fighter, there wasn’t a lot of competition in this genre on the arcade market at the time, but this was still a few years before Street Fighter IV would bring a lot of fighting fans back to the scene. As it happens with many games, if they aren’t good enough to earn well on those tests, they either get reworked or cancelled. The latter seems to be the case for the ill-fated KenJu.
kenju_750.jpg

llt23

All Star
Daps
If you hop on fightcade there are a LOT of shytty fighters I never heard of u can randomly stumble upon.....they arent fun though.

Honestly anything that had an arcade release in JP only is rare to me since Im too dumb to ever figure out how to use MAME. Why I havent played Fighting Layer yet, ever.

I gotta seek out the true FG lords who have the actual arcade boards.

I think this one has been gaining a bit of popularity lately....

jackie-chan-fist-of-fire-arcade-500x375.jpg

Half the roster is different Jackie Chans :lolbron:I got to play it once or twice, its bad....but the combos are satisfying

Amor fati

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Great Britain
Capcom Fighting Allstars:
latest

Like SNK's KOF: Maximum Impact games, it was designed to translate a 2D fighting game series into 3D. This was done previously in the Street Fighter EX series, which Capcom co-produced with Arika.

Capcom beta-tested the game, but after negative feedback from players and more months in development, the game was canceled in August 2003.

I remember when I anticipated for this games release when I saw the trailer, but then there was no more update's eventually with time I forgot about it.

Art Work

Last edited:

Tflasha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Capcom Fighting Allstars:
latest

Like SNK's KOF: Maximum Impact games, it was designed to translate a 2D fighting game series into 3D. This was done previously in the Street Fighter EX series, which Capcom co-produced with Arika.

Capcom beta-tested the game, but after negative feedback from players and more months in development, the game was canceled in August 2003.

I remember when I anticipated for this games release when I saw the trailer, but then there was no more update's eventually with time I forgot about it.

nikka this shyt looked lit:whoo: whoever was given those bad reviews shouldve gotten put in front of a firing squad..

Amor fati

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Great Britain
nikka this shyt looked lit:whoo: whoever was given those bad reviews shouldve gotten put in front of a firing squad..
:dead::dead:
I bet it was the camp that had a gripe with SF3 series and EX. Capcom is funny usually they never listen to fan requests they refuse to release other fighting games but they satisfied with the same copy and paste shyt. Out of all fighting games, they decided to cancel this one by wrongly listening to the Japanese fan base.

Slystallion

Live to Strive
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Thrill Kill for the PS1
Canned for being too violent (and from previews, it sucked also) but the engine was used for other games like Wu Tang: Shaolin Style and XMen Mutant Academy. However you can find a rom of the beta online to check the game out for yourself.

Always wanted to play that cuz it supposedly had 4 players fighting at the same time

Damn I miss power stone

Amor fati

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Great Britain
Battle Arena Toshinden...

came out during the giant cases for the PS1, knew it was trash when I put hands on it...still appreciated its allure.

s-l1600.jpg
The first Toshinden was pretty grim in terms of gameplay even on the Sega Saturn version, however, each sequel improved I believe Toshinden 3 is probably the best comparing to 1,2 and 4.

Hersh

Superstar
Daps
most of these games post 2000s had potential.. SMH at companies chickening out :ufdup: