Rappers who would have been legends if they came out in the 90s....

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Lloyd Banks would have had to go through an insurmountable amount of competition to be considered a legend during that time.

lloiyd bamks would not have permated in ny cause he was biting, big and pac.

he came out when the climate allowed so much bullshyt.

he got to stand out.

art barr

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
stack bundles

he would have not stood out because the blueprint he took after to get noticed.

had not garnered allowing biting..

nor was jay a relevent act to the point.

people biting,...knew to lift his skillset.

art barr

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Kendrick Lamar

Action Bronson

Freddie Gibbs

And imma go out on a limb and say Wale. He's has the lyrics and content, there would be a different audience back then and I can see him crushing buildings back then with his charisma

after eliminating joey badass, cause i have not looked into whom or what he is yet.

none of these artist would have permeated cAuse their pedigree was lifted amd bitten amd it was not allowed back then.

ghost would have approached action for sure.

kendrick lamar would not have had a skillset to bite.

wale would have been lower level questionmark asylum wackness, still.

he is one of the huffest, and wackest, period.

duke is marginal trash....

freddie gibbs is not more skilled than cap one at all.

when cap one did not make it,..now do ii think cap one is a hard worker.

with good biter pedigree of twista and jayz,..yeah!!

yet, cap did not blow and he won battles and had heavy pr saturation.

art barr

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO

elzhi would not have blown and been in the same bin as any nas lifted emcee was.

similiar to geronimo to infinite era eminem.

elz got to blow when he was with jd and making records with his own pedigree.

which got him and slum, chevy commercials and hit singles.

art barr

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
Based God would be a legend.

do you think Cudi woulda blew up then?
Cudi might have popped in the wake of the De La wave

But he would have been a fukking chew toy after 94

If Lil B would cull down his volume to only quality shyt, he could be a legend NOW. He has like 2-3 good songs a mixtape, hes a student of the game, and when he actually raps hes on the level of any of these goofballs nikkas call nice these days. But thats another thread

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
the '90s was vastly superior to this era. alot of these dudes yall are listing, wouldnt have even bothered to record a demo back then.

the only cases that can be made are people that got caught up in label politics, clergy systems, and other stuff that held talent back in the past decade that werent as big of a factor in the '90s.

prolific posting

y'all dumbasses let wacky d table y'all

art barr

Miracle Violence

Animal Instinct
Daps
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_4w1QL3sIo]Lloyd Banks - For The Moment [New/July/2009/CDQ/NODJ/Dirty] - YouTube[/ame]

This is the sort of record people would call a classic if it dropped 15 years earlier. You could transplant Banks into any era and he would more than hold his own, period.

DANJ!

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
I don't get these kinds of threads honestly... or at least not when people start talkin' about who WOULDN'T have been shyt back then.

Any era where niqqas like Silkk The Shocker and Warren G were able to prosper, I don't wanna hear shyt about how a current 'aight' rapper right now wouldn't have stood a chance in hell then. That's just exaggeration. There's plenty of rappers who weren't the end-all be-all of lyricism but they had notable records back then. The greats of that time wouldn't be considered great if everyone was on their level. Let's not forget, Warren G was talkin' bout "what's next, what's N-X-E-T" the same year 'Illmatic' came out... guess who people went out and bought? If them new rappers y'all hate were out back then and made songs people got into, they woulda stood more than a chance to blow, let's not kid ourselves.

I love the '90s to death, know that music like the back of my hand... but because I do, I also know full well that these niqqas some of y'all swear wouldn't even get signed PROOOOOB'LY would have.

The_Third_Man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
lloiyd bamks would not have permated in ny cause he was biting, big and pac.

he came out when the climate allowed so much bullshyt.

he got to stand out.

art barr
lol

Is there any post-90s rapper who you think have original style?

Non Sequitur

Creep.
Daps
Reppin
The 3rd Degree
I don't get these kinds of threads honestly... or at least not when people start talkin' about who WOULDN'T have been shyt back then.

Any era where niqqas like Silkk The Shocker and Warren G were able to prosper, I don't wanna hear shyt about how a current 'aight' rapper right now wouldn't have stood a chance in hell then. That's just exaggeration. There's plenty of rappers who weren't the end-all be-all of lyricism but they had notable records back then. The greats of that time wouldn't be considered great if everyone was on their level. Let's not forget, Warren G was talkin' bout "what's next, what's N-X-E-T" the same year 'Illmatic' came out... guess who people went out and bought? If them new rappers y'all hate were out back then and made songs people got into, they woulda stood more than a chance to blow, let's not kid ourselves.

I love the '90s to death, know that music like the back of my hand... but because I do, I also know full well that these niqqas some of y'all swear wouldn't even get signed PROOOOOB'LY would have.

That's all well and good but the thread title says "Rappers who would have been legends..."

None of the people listed would have been legends. Warren G is not a legend.