Rappers who really aren't from where they are associated with

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
When I was in the Air Force I would never tell people I was from Long Beach, I would say Los Angeles because EVERYBODY knows where LA is. So of course an international superstar is gonna say “I’m from ATL” cuz no one knows or cares where the fukk willacoochie,GA is.

If y'all Detroit Red dudes don't sit your asses down!!!

Anyway, before long my nickname happened.Just when, I don't know-but people, knowing I was from Michigan, would ask me what city. Since most New Yorkers had never heard of Lansing, I would name Detroit. Gradually, I began to be called “Detroit Red”—and it stuck.
105.jpg

Deuterion

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LBC
If y'all Detroit Red dudes don't sit your asses down!!!

Anyway, before long my nickname happened.Just when, I don't know-but people, knowing I was from Michigan, would ask me what city. Since most New Yorkers had never heard of Lansing, I would name Detroit. Gradually, I began to be called “Detroit Red”—and it stuck.
105.jpg

Don’t be mad at me cuz you ain’t ever been outside of your state. Someone from Hachioji, Japan is gonna tell you they’re from Tokyo if YOU asked them but if someone from Tokyo asked them they would say Hachioji. Just like someone from Kerrville, TX will say they are from San Antonio when talking to someone from the other side of TX. You don’t have to be Malcolm X to understand something so basic, stop embarrassing your father’s legacy.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Don’t be mad at me cuz you ain’t ever been outside of your state. Someone from Hachioji, Japan is gonna tell you they’re from Tokyo if YOU asked them but if someone from Tokyo asked them they would say Hachioji. Just like someone from Kerrville, TX will say they are from San Antonio when talking to someone from the other side of TX. You don’t have to be Malcolm X to understand something so basic, stop embarrassing your father’s legacy.

I don't think you or anybody else thinks or beleives that I've never been outside of my state. Outsiders make jokes and have negative perception of the city and state I was raised in...and NEVER have I been ashamed to claim Newark and NEW JERSEY.

I'm glad you were able to enlist in the services and go places that you otherwise wouldn't have been able to travel to, but be easy.

and learn to take a joke.....& stop false flagging

Deuterion

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LBC
I don't think you or anybody else thinks or beleives that I've never been outside of my state. Outsiders make jokes and have negative perception of the city and state I was raised in...and NEVER have I been ashamed to claim Newark and NEW JERSEY.

I'm glad you were able to enlist in the services and go places that you otherwise wouldn't have been able to travel to, but be easy.

and learn to take a joke.....& stop false flagging

It ain’t about shame it’s about people literally not knowing where the fukk you’re from. Long Beach is known to a lot of people that listen to rap thanks to Snoop Dogg but outside of that people don’t really be knowing where Long Beach is at on top of that there are like 5 Long Beach cities in the US if not more. But everyone knows LA...it has a major international airport and it’s a major trade area..so it is easier to say LA cuz that’s basically where I’m from in a global or international perspective. I wouldn’t tell someone from Nor. Cal that I’m from LA but someone in Wisconsin, yup.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
It ain’t about shame it’s about people literally not knowing where the fukk you’re from. Long Beach is known to a lot of people that listen to rap thanks to Snoop Dogg but outside of that people don’t really be knowing where Long Beach is at on top of that there are like 5 Long Beach cities in the US if not more. But everyone knows LA...it has a major international airport and it’s a major trade area..so it is easier to say LA cuz that’s basically where I’m from in a global or international perspective. I wouldn’t tell someone from Nor. Cal that I’m from LA but someone in Wisconsin, yup.
Which is why I used the Detroit Red line from the Auto Bio of Malcolm X
"since most New Yorkers had never heard of Lansing, I would name Detroit"

And which is why your first response to the joke surprised me.....he literally did what you did and for similar reasons.

Jersey has been under NY and NYC's shadow for a long time, so false flagging rubs me that wrong way
I used my personal example of people being well aware of and having negative association with the city and state, and me not taking the out of claiming somewhere else. People know of Newark from the 67 Riots...and for crime.....Jersey is the butt of jokes across the country.

If people ask ,where is that?....inevitably if I say next to NYC, so they have an idea of the location .

But we take offense to that "so basically you live in New York" perception ..
people land in Newark International Airport and actually think they are in NYC

Superbowl was held in Metlife Stadium in NEW JERSEY years ago (Seahawks stomped Denver)
and here was the logo

superbowl-2014-logo.jpg

yes, NJ got second billing for an sporting event held IN NEW JERSEY

Deuterion

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LBC
Which is why I used the Detroit Red line from the Auto Bio of Malcolm X
"since most New Yorkers had never heard of Lansing, I would name Detroit"

And which is why your first response to the joke surprised me.....he literally did what you did and for similar reasons.

Jersey has been under NY and NYC's shadow for a long time, so false flagging rubs me that wrong way
I used my personal example of people being well aware of and having negative association with the city and state, and me not taking the out of claiming somewhere else. People know of Newark from the 67 Riots...and for crime.....Jersey is the butt of jokes across the country.

If people ask ,where is that?....inevitably if I say next to NYC, so they have an idea of the location .

But we take offense to that "so basically you live in New York" perception ..
people land in Newark International Airport and actually think they are in NYC

Superbowl was held in Metlife Stadium in NEW JERSEY years ago (Seahawks stomped Denver)
and here was the logo

superbowl-2014-logo.jpg

yes, NJ got second billing for an sporting event held IN NEW JERSEY

I’m a native and very proficient speaker of African American Vernacular English and the phrase “If y'all Detroit Red dudes don't sit your asses down!!!” translates into Mainstream American English as “If all of you Detroit Red imitators do not cease and desist with your vitriol, I will be forced to...”. You cannot start off with that phrase and then anticipate someone taking the succeeding message as a joke. This is AAVE 101 bruh...

3rd Ward Swangin

Superstar
Daps
DJ Premier born and raised in Houston.
ESG born and raised in Bogalusa Louisiana
Les born and raised in New Orleans Louisiana. I seen him Saturday at Stadium Goods dressed crazy with his shirt tucked into his sweat pants :francis:

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
Damn u mad