Rappers who really aren't from where they are associated with

keond

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATLANTA
There is alot of wikipedia backgrounds on here.

Just because your born in one place dont mean your "from" there. People do move around. Where you spend your formative years (11-18) is what you should go by. Nobody in the streets at age 6

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
-Quavo/Takeoff are from Athens
-Rich the Kid is from Queens/LI and moved to ATL at age 12-13
-Jermaine Dupri was born in North Carolina & moved to ATL at age 10, also he grew up rich af, his dad is a record executive that got him plugged into the industry
-Metro Boomin is from St. Louis
-Nelly & Akon went to high school together
-Madeintyo was an army brat but his family is originally from Cali
-A Boogie grew up in Port St. Lucie, Florida
-Young Scooter is from South Carolina
-Hoodrich Pablo Juan is from New Jersey
akon lived in a bunch of cities and senegal
a boogie spent time in fl he didnt grow up there

Brolic Scholar

Licensed Text Technician
Daps
Reppin
Unknown Side Effects
Xzibit is from Detroit and then Arizona, but reps LA.

Too Short is from South Central LA but didn’t start rapping until he moved to Oakland.

Ice-T is from New Jersey but both his parents died so he moved to LA to live with his aunt.

The DOC is from Dallas but repped LA.

UGK was from Port Authur, TX (on the border of Louisiana) but repped Houston.

WC and his deceased brother DJ Crazy Toones were from Houston but repped LA.

Daps
Reppin
Lagos (Da Jungle)
Naw, Big Sean is the biggest fraud on that list. He lived most of his life in Cali even before he got signed. Then he moved back to L.A when he blew up. He not from Detroit at all.

:mjlol: we're you getting your info from? Sean grew up and lived off of 7 mile and Wyoming (near old Mumford HS) in Detroit since he was 1 years old. His mom was an upcoming actress that's why he was born in L.A. nikka went to Waldroft middle school and graduated from Cass Tech HS which are in the heart of the city. Him and his Finally Famous crew used to throw parties in back than. Sean officially moved out to L.A after he dropped his first album. If Sean was a fraud people in the city would of been called him out.

Doomsday

Superstar
Daps
:mjlol: we're you getting your info from? Sean grew up and lived off of 7 mile and Wyoming (near old Mumford HS) in Detroit since he was 1 years olds. His mom was an upcoming actress that's why he was born in L.A. nikka went to Waldroft middle school and graduated from Cass Tech HS which are in the heart of the city. Him and his Finally Famous crew used to throw parties in back than. Sean officially moved out to L.A after he dropped his first album. If Sean was a fraud people in the city would of been called him out.

He has been called out many times. Danny Brown ring a bell? That's why on his vice segment he could take the camera crew through no spots. He lived in Cali most of his life-- it's not debatable. He never was in Detroit like that. Fake nikkas always send they E-Street team to clean up because they insecure. Just like when you mention 6ixnine and G Eazy they E-team comes running to clean up.

Last edited:

Black Steph Curry

Lines are being drawn in the sand.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Huntsville, AL
Xzibit is from Detroit and then Arizona, but reps LA.

Too Short is from South Central LA but didn’t start rapping until he moved to Oakland.

Ice-T is from New Jersey but both his parents died so he moved to LA to live with his aunt.

The DOC is from Dallas but repped LA.

UGK was from Port Authur, TX (on the border of Louisiana) but repped Houston.

WC and his deceased brother DJ Crazy Toones were from Houston but repped LA.
Ugk always repped pa.

Dolph reps mtown but is from chicago

Daps
Reppin
Lagos (Da Jungle)
He has been called out many times. That's why on his vice segment he could take the camera crew through no spots. He lived in Cali most of his life-- it's not debatable. He never was in Detroit like that. Fake nikkas always send they E-Street team to clean up because they insecure. Just like when you mention 6ixnine and G Eazy they E-team comes running to clean up.

You basing this on that Detroit Vice documentary :what: I was in HS around the same time as Sean so I know that whole era. His ex Ashley and crew are cool peeps. How was he not in Detroit when he lived in the city for 17 years :gucci:I'm telling you he wasn't in L.A until after Kanye signed him. He was damn near on his way to Michigan State for college.

Last edited:

Doomsday

Superstar
Daps
You basing this on that Detroit Vice documentary :what: I was in HS around the same time as Sean so I know that whole era. His ex Ashley and crew are cool peeps. How was he not in Detroit when he lived in the city for 17 years :gucci:I'm telling you he wasn't in L.A until after Kanye signed him. He was damn on his way Michigan State for college.

He was born in Southern Cali so how could he never be somewhere if he was born there? He went to the private school in Detroit but that's it. He got signed right after that and left back to Cali. He not a Detroit nikka.

Brolic Scholar

Licensed Text Technician
Daps
Reppin
Unknown Side Effects
You can also find him shouting out pa

Not much after the “Dirty Money” album which was recorded between 98 and 01.

“I’m still Pimp C bytch, I’m claiming PA, they hating, me and a Kool Ace riding a Lexus sittin on all gold Daytons...”

That’s the last time I can remember him saying it.

Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Migos - Atlanta, but really from Lawrenceville, GA
Bow Wow - Atlanta, but really from Columbus, OH
Gucci Mane - Atlanta, but really from Bessemer, AL
Waka Flocka - Atlanta, but really from Queens, NY
Ludacris - Atlanta, but really from Champaign, IL
Young Jeezy - Atlanta, but really from Columbia, SC
Soulja Boy - Atlanta, but really from Chicago, IL

Rick Ross - Miami, but really from Coahoma County, MS
DJ Khaled - Miami, but really from New Orleans, LA
Gunplay - Miami, but really from El Paso, TX

Pac - Los Angeles, but really from Manhattan, NY
Kurupt - Los Angeles, but really from Philadelphia, PA
ScHoolboy Q - Los Angeles, but really from Wiesbaden, Germany

Eminem - Detroit, but really from St. Joseph, MO
Big Sean - Detroit, but really from Santa Monica, CA

Kanye West - Chicago, but really from Atlanta, GA

Pusha T - Virginia Beach, but really from The Bronx, NY

Nelly - St. Louis, but really from Austin, TX

Mase - Harlem, but really from Jacksonville, FL

Wiz Khalifa - Pittsburgh, but really from Minot, ND

J.Cole - Fayetteville, but really from Frankfurt, West Germany

So pretty much if your favorite rapper reps Atlanta, they aren't from there. What are some others?
:ohhh: