Rank the Nas and Hit Boy Albums

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
Haven’t sat with M3 long enough to give a proper response but didn’t like Magic, Magic 2 was good. Honestly, I didn’t care for any of the Magic albums. I still prefer the KD series tho it felt dry at the end imo. Car 85 is still a God tier Nas track to me.

mag357

Superstar
Daps
Last edited:

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
whats your rank?

I got:

1. KD3 Brilliant from start to finish. Nas flowing his ass off. Memorable bars and great production (thun, Michael and Quincy, etc). One of his best albums to me period.

2. KD2. Store Run alone- I think its one of Nas greatest songs. It has all types of great Nas songs. Reflective Nas (store Run, pressure), funny Nas (brunch on Sundays..."bringing up her student loans, I said that I felt her"), shyt talking Nas (EPMD), and celebratory Nas (Nas is good). Only song I hate on this album is YKTV.

3. Magic. Great album. Great songs. Memorable bars and production. The first song makes me feel like it's winter and I'm outside blowing on my hands plotting shyt. I love the emotion of songs like UGLY. Dope album.

4. KD 1. He wasn't razor sharp here on every song...but I like this album. Love the intro (I made the fade famous, the chain famous, qb on my neck, match the stainless), Blue Benz is dope as hell, same for Car 85, 27 summers, all bad, the definition, 10 points, the cure. From a thematic perspective this is the strongest album in terms of talking about what can befall kings, the responsibilities, and the traps. I remember thinking this probably Nas last album (lol) and he dropped a good one. I was happy with that.

5. Magic 2. It's solid. I never have to hear acadabra again and I wouldn't mind. I hate the structure of that song. The other songs are some I love (pistols on your album cover) or like (office hours). I will say this my least favorite Nas albums for earbuds because then I tend to focus on bars and none jump out me. The flow is crazy but the memorable lines aren't there as much. However this is easily my favorite NAS album for the car. The production is tailored made. Black magic and motion go crazy in the car. That alone has me running it back.
This pretty much. Put magic 3 above 2.

ThirdAct

Superstar
Daps
1. King's Disease III
2. Magic
3. King's Disease II
4. Magic 3 (could go up, still letting it sink in)
5. King's Disease
6. Magic 2

OfTheCross

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Keeping my overhead low, and my understand high
whats your rank?

I got:

1. KD3 Brilliant from start to finish. Nas flowing his ass off. Memorable bars and great production (thun, Michael and Quincy, etc). One of his best albums to me period.

2. KD2. Store Run alone- I think its one of Nas greatest songs. It has all types of great Nas songs. Reflective Nas (store Run, pressure), funny Nas (brunch on Sundays..."bringing up her student loans, I said that I felt her"), shyt talking Nas (EPMD), and celebratory Nas (Nas is good). Only song I hate on this album is YKTV.

3. Magic. Great album. Great songs. Memorable bars and production. The first song makes me feel like it's winter and I'm outside blowing on my hands plotting shyt. I love the emotion of songs like UGLY. Dope album.

4. KD 1. He wasn't razor sharp here on every song...but I like this album. Love the intro (I made the fade famous, the chain famous, qb on my neck, match the stainless), Blue Benz is dope as hell, same for Car 85, 27 summers, all bad, the definition, 10 points, the cure. From a thematic perspective this is the strongest album in terms of talking about what can befall kings, the responsibilities, and the traps. I remember thinking this probably Nas last album (lol) and he dropped a good one. I was happy with that.

5. Magic 2. It's solid. I never have to hear acadabra again and I wouldn't mind. I hate the structure of that song. The other songs are some I love (pistols on your album cover) or like (office hours). I will say this my least favorite Nas albums for earbuds because then I tend to focus on bars and none jump out me. The flow is crazy but the memorable lines aren't there as much. However this is easily my favorite NAS album for the car. The production is tailored made. Black magic and motion go crazy in the car. That alone has me running it back.

Highly forgettable and little to no impact