Rank the MCU Disney+ Shows so far

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Falcon and The Winter Soldier should have been iconic. It should have been a superhero version of get out with a black superhero getting his wake up call.

But they chickened out on making White America the villain and made Falcon an agent of White America.

Can you imagine if the show ended with Falcon throwing away the shield and the Captain America costume and walking away after realizing what the country did to another Black Captain America and having his eyes opened at the reality of being a Black Captain America :wow:

Last edited:

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Falcon and The Winter Soldier should have been iconic. It should have been a superhero version of get out with a black superhero getting his wake up call.

But they chickened out on making White America the villain and made Falcon an agent of White America.

Can you imagine if the show ended with Falcon throwing away the shield and the Captain America costume and walking away after realizing what the country did to another Black Captain America and having his eyes opened at the reality of being a Black Captain America :wow:

Come on breh, there's no way Disney is going to put out a show like that. Lets keep our expectations realistic :heh:

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Come on breh, there's no way Disney is going to put out a show like that. Lets keep our expectations realistic :heh:

I get you on that.

But Marvel can’t have it both ways. They want to introduce racial elements but won’t be realistic or go full out with it. It’s same reason I couldn’t fukk with Black Panther.

They’re happy to have the black villains or disgruntled retirees critique White America and how it operates:mjpls:. But then have the active Black heroes completely docile or slavish to it :mjpls:

Ain’t no damn way T’Challa would willingly allow White America’s Central intelligence Agency into his country :mjpls:

Ain’t no damn way Falcon would still be calling himself “Captain America” after hearing Black soldiers were used for experiments and then abandoned.

The funny thing is Black Panther vs CIA and Falcon vs White America would have legitimized Marvel in terms of awards and prestige because of the subject matter. Which we know Marvel are chasing. That’s Oscar and Golden Globe winning material right there.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
I get you on that.

But Marvel can’t have it both ways. They want to introduce racial elements but won’t be realistic or go full out with it. It’s same reason I couldn’t fukk with Black Panther.

They’re happy to have the black villains or disgruntled retirees critique White America and how it operates:mjpls:. But then have the active Black heroes completely docile or slavish to it :mjpls:

Ain’t no damn way T’Challa would willingly allow White America’s Central intelligence Agency into his country :mjpls:

Ain’t no damn way Falcon would still be calling himself “Captain America” after hearing Black soldiers were used for experiments and then abandoned.

The funny thing is Black Panther vs CIA and Falcon vs White America would have legitimized Marvel in terms of awards and prestige because of the subject matter. Which we know Marvel are chasing. That’s Oscar and Golden Globe winning material right there.
I thought the point of Falcon and the WS was that despite what was done in the past you can't fold up your tent and stop fighting. Black people (his nephews) coming up behind them need their presence/example.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
It's hard to rank them honestly :manny:

Wandavision is #1.

2. Loki
3. Hawkeye
4. Moon Knight
5. Falcon & The Winter Soldier
6. What If? But I only watched the Dr. Strange episode.

If Sam would've taking the PED juice, and they made a better outfit, I would've ranked Falcon above Hawkeye. The way they did Sam in this didn't sit right with me. It seems like his role will be permanently marginalized.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I get you on that.

If Marvel did anything like that people would bytch about it being too "woke" and shyt and it would upset a certain portion of the fanbase. They don't want those kind of problems. :yeshrug:

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
I thought the point of Falcon and the WS was that despite what was done in the past you can't fold up your tent and stop fighting. Black people (his nephews) coming up behind them need their presence/example.

Falcon can keep fighting but he doesn't need to be "Captain America" and be an agent of White America to do so :mjpls:

Steve Rogers gave up the shield and costume and was still fighting. Falcon doing the same but as a response to White America's treatment of him, black predecessors and it's past makes for a far deeper and iconic story.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
1. Loki
2. What If?
3. Hawkeye
4. WandaVision
5. The Falcon & The Winter Soldier
6. Moon Knight

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!

:ehh:

Problem is cacs would lose their shyt so that would have to be done maybe in the middle of the show or near the end with Sam finally and reluctantly agreeing to don the shield due to little black kids wanting him to do it. Have some corny but powerful shyt with a bunch of kids (mostly black kids) telling Sam, "I wish we could get a Captain America to be just like you :to: ".

Then Sam takes up the shield after OG Black Cap gives it back to him :yeshrug:

Brandsdale

Big Yella
Daps
Reppin
T-Dot
1. Wandavision
2. Loki
3. Moon Knight
4. Metalarm & nikkabird
5. Hawkeye
6. What If
7. Ms. Marvel

First 4 I could see myself re-watching a year or two from now.

Last 3 are :flabbynsick: