Randy Arozarena’s HR at-bat on Sunday was the type of shyt you see in the streets

dontreadthis

philly.
Daps
Incorrect.

It's the game within the game.

Which is stupid.

But, You are free to think whatever you want.

:hubie:
I know it's the internet and admitting you're wrong is a sin but there's no absolutely no precedent to LET pitcher's have strikes in the MLB.
the idea is that one more ball gets you on base, the pitcher is under a bit of pressure to throw something accurately in the zone and that you'll still have at least two more opportunities if it's a strike.

Marc Spector

the 4'11 Cuban
Daps
Reppin
The Milky Way
Can someone explain this to non-baseball brehs. Why wouldn’t the pitcher throw a strike after the second time? Is he scared?
He liikely cant. Thats why Aroz stepped out the box. Stepping out of the box gives a pitcher a empty plate to throw over (increasing the likelihood of a strike).

So to bring it all together:

On 3 straight pitches, Aroz is signaling that "this bum is throwing straight JUNK that im gonna give him a empty plate and he still wont throw a strike" :umad:

Then on the 4th pitch (which on a 3-0 count, the traditional stats say to not swing at to get the guaranteed walk), he decides to let it rip, come hell or high water, and he hits a bomb.

MustafaSTL

Achievement In Every Field of Human Endeavor
Daps
While I’m still mad we traded him away so early, he’s gotten steadily worse ever season since that amazing 2020 postseason run.

• Dap
Reactions: Rev

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
I really wish MLB did a better job of marketing their players.
:beli:
Randy was a big time face of the WBC. Before they lost to Japan, he was the flashiest guy on the field.

The legend of Randy Arozarena started during the pandemic. He KILLED the Yankees that year and got to the World Series.

Randy low key is one of the most hated opponents the Yankees have. He was relentless in stuntin on us