Random NFL Observations 2023-24 Thread

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Having any regular season game in Germany is a failure. It's unfair to the actual fans of these teams to lose a home game for marketing purposes. It's unfair to NFL fans across the country who wanted to see this matchup in primetime. Bills vs Bengals should be a 1pm game or Monday night. How you let Mahomes vs Tyreek go abroad is beyond me. To make matters even worse it's not on CBS so everyone can't actually watch it if they're even up that early. I'll be in the gym so I'll probably miss the first half.

It seems that the NFL is more popular in Germany than London and the Chiefs, Bucs, Panthers, and Pats have international marketing rights there. Those teams made themselves eligible to play there. Still could have scheduled another opponent then the Dolphins or moved this matchup earlier/later in the season.

The league is doing too much with overseas games, Thursday night football, a 17th game, and bad matchups in primetime. We just had Bears/Charger and Raiders/Lions last week. Raiders are back on Sunday night next week vs the Jets. Who wanted to see Rodgers vs Jimmy G? Minny vs Denver is the week after that. Giants have already played twice on Sunday night and lost a combined 54-9.
It's not a failure at all when you remember that the NFL's long term goal is to have a team outside of the US. These type of things are just testing the water and getting them there to that point.

BlackAchilles

Veteran
Daps
Nah ze Germans are the biggest football heads in Europe, I say treat em to a good matchup before we try and unload the Chargers off on em :troll:

Anyway yeah I def gotta watch the Commanders at the bar cause these muhfukkas gonna drive me to drink :francis:

Jplaya2023

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It's not a failure at all when you remember that the NFL's long term goal is to have a team outside of the US. These type of things are just testing the water and getting them there to that point.
The problem is no one outside of the US gives a shyt about "American Football" for any long tern sustainable model of bringing a team let alone fans abroad. What is the % of NFL players that are not identified as white or african american that grew up outside of the US

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
The problem is no one outside of the US gives a shyt about "American Football" for any long tern sustainable model of bringing a team let alone fans abroad. What is the % of NFL players that are not identified as white or african american that grew up outside of the US
You say that, but their numbers and metrics say otherwise or else they wouldn't be going all in with overseas games.

People tend to forget that the NFL is a business and in the interest of making money. If you have the chance to tap into a broader market, then you do everything in your power to do so. Why else do you think they're going all in with Taylor Swift and her fans who don't care about the NFL like that prior.

To make money.

J Money

No weapon formed against me shall prosper
Daps

If fabs in Europe didn't care about the games I doubt the NFL would continue having g and selling out games there

To your 2nd point the only real pipeline to the league is through the NCAA and drafted so how many families are uplifting to the USA for a small chance for their child to be drafted?

BlackAchilles

Veteran
Daps
Actually looking at the whole slate of games it Commanders on the road vs Bill Belicheat, followed by the palette cleanser of the Cowgirls vs Pigeons and then a fire SNF matchup

This might just require a borderline antisocial full day of drinking :patrice: