Random NBA Observations 2023 - 2024

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Every NBA person besides Tim MacMahon trashed the Ayton/Nurkic trade for Phoenix and scoffed at the idea of it working. I thought it was addition by subtraction for the Suns and they got some depth on the fringes to get through the season with Allen and Little.

Nurkic looked outstanding in the opener. If he stays healthy and plays like that all season, he's an upgrade over Ayton for THEM. I'll repeat what I said in the game thread:

He was moving really well out there. God only knows how long he'll stay on the court but he looks healthier than he has in years. Noticeably slimmer too.

I thought he was 35 because it feels like he's been around forever and been banged up for years but he's only 29. Not inconceivable that he manages to stay on the court.
I brought up a similar comment a few months ago when I asked was Ayton really that much of an upgrade over Nurkic and some dudes in here lost their minds. Nurkic is a terrible rim protector but other aspects of his game are underrated.

Last edited:

Hypris

Superstar
Daps
I brought up a similar comment a few months ago when I asked was Ayton really that much of an upgrade over Portland and some dudes in here lost their minds. Nurkic is a terrible rim protector but other aspects of his game are underrated.

Nurkic has a better offensive skillset than Ayton. He knows how to look for contact in the post and get to the line. Ayton still hasn't learned how to do that.

Nurkic's playmaking is also helpful since the Suns don't have a true starting pg.

I'm not so much worried about the Suns defense. Most of the roster is better on D than people think and Vogel was hired to improve that area.

Health is the only thing that worries me about the team.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
Every NBA person besides Tim MacMahon trashed the Ayton/Nurkic trade for Phoenix and scoffed at the idea of it working. I thought it was addition by subtraction for the Suns and they got some depth on the fringes to get through the season with Allen and Little.

Nurkic looked outstanding in the opener. If he stays healthy and plays like that all season, he's an upgrade over Ayton for THEM. I'll repeat what I said in the game thread:

He was moving really well out there. God only knows how long he'll stay on the court but he looks healthier than he has in years. Noticeably slimmer too.

I thought he was 35 because it feels like he's been around forever and been banged up for years but he's only 29. Not inconceivable that he manages to stay on the court.
It's amazing how the Ringer can't understand that Ayton got moved because Phoenix didn't want his bytchassness permeating the team anymore regardless of his talent. They'd rather direct all their animosity towards another center.