Random NBA Observations 2023 - 2024

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
He made contact with him as he was going up and then had his foot in his landing space, that's an automatic foul :manny:

Celtics lost this game because they shot themselves in the foot, not because of refs but those clock shenanigans at the end were ridiculous
lamelo legit got *one* free throw tonight :dead:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Spurs getting murked by 20 every game and wemby having little impact but @Rhakim will say he should be unanimous ROY

I never said he should be ROY, dumbass, the season has barely started. I just said that the Spurs were so bad and Shai was so good, that Wemby/Chet's cases for ROY have nothing to do with whether the Thunder win more than the Spurs.

For what it's worth, "little impact" Wemby is currently at a +3.2 on/off and "clear rookie of the year" Chet Holmgren is -0.3 on/off.

OKC has a 118.2 offensive rating and 109.3 defensive rating in 414 minutes with Holmgren on the court.
OKC has a 118.5 offensive rating and 109.4 defensive rating in 263 minutes with Holmgren on the bench.

:russ: at the perfect synchronicity of those numbers when you came in here trying to preach about "impact". :dead:

Last edited:

CantStop

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I never said he should be ROY, dumbass, the season has barely started. I just said that the Spurs were so bad and Shai was so good, that Wemby/Chet's cases for ROY have nothing to do with whether the Thunder win more than the Spurs.

For what it's worth, "little impact" Wemby is currently at a +3.2 on/off and "clear rookie of the year" Chet Holmgren is -0.3 on/off.

OKC has a 118.2 offensive rating and 109.3 defensive rating in 577 minutes with Holmgren on the court.
OKC has a 118.5 offensive rating and 109.4 defensive rating in 576 minutes with Holmgren on the bench.

:russ: at the perfect synchronicity of those numbers when you came in here trying to preach about "impact". :dead:
Those numbers mean nothing. I remember the spurs having a better drtg when Kawhi was on the bench. Use your eyes next time and not mathematic formulas u geek

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
Warriors could use a couple of these Youngbois on the pelicans :ohhh: they have way more confidence than Kuminga/Moody.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Those numbers mean nothing. I remember the spurs having a better drtg when Kawhi was on the bench.

Kawhi has been in the league for 11 years and the only two seasons where his team has had a higher defensive rating with him on the bench was 2017 and 2019. That makes sense, because both those seasons he played on a team that had an elite team defensive scheme that worked just fine without him, so he focused on offense and took a lot of plays off on the defensive side of the ball.

The fact that you always rely on your emotions rather than on indisputable #'s makes you unable to tell how good those 2017 Spurs and 2019 Raptors teams were defensively without Kawhi. You probably didn't even realize when Kawhi started limiting his defensive effort, and you just assume that the 2017 and later Kawhi who is focused on the offensive end is having the same defensive impact that young Kawhi had.

Use your eyes next time and not mathematic formulas u geek

Does your "eye test" tell you that Wemby has no defensive impact when he's on the court? :dead:

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset

I was just thinking the ROY race may end up being closer than expected.

I've seen all of these bois hoop atleast once and send teams packing except for Sasser, I barely watch Detroit.

I know media wise it's gonna be bias to Wemby or Chet but I wouldn't be surprised if the other rooks go out of their way to cook them (if they're coaches allow them to run freely)