Random NBA Observations 2023 - 2024

MVike28

right around the ACC
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
so i guess the Doc Rivers slander will pause for a bit?

DV108-124_2020_195822.jpg

In The Zone '98

Superstar
Daps
It's why I can't fukk with Ramona Shelburne on any level.

She's absolutely right

Cleveland did not want to trade JJ Hickson for Amare!

They gonna try and finesse 9 years of mediocrity outta Victor talking about nobody wants to come to San Antonio

We see it every year

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
A discussion like this over a rookie drafted to the worst team in the league? NBA got the worst media by far

ESPN wants small market teams in the NBA to exist solely as feeder programs to LA, NYC and Miami

Meanwhile in the NFL, Mahomes, Lamar Jackson, Joe Burrow & Josh Allen all play in small markets and no one gives a shyt

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
My counter-argument would be: they've been playing the long game for years now including last season when SGA ascended.

I'll take all this back if they throw some money around this summer though. They have a ton of cap space and they could sign Hartenstein or Claxton to add center depth. I assume Siakam and OG are gonna re-up with their new teams but OKC has the opportunity to come through and offer max money and it wouldn't really affect them going forward. OG in particular would be a perfect fit.

I think they need to show SGA something too. You can't have a legit MVP candidate and keep kicking the can down the road.

Yea, gotta be careful when playing the long game with a young but bonafide title contender. Think it's sweet then wind up like the 2024 Grizzlies. Or what the Bulls became after 2011. Or the Thunder after 2012. Not guaranteed you'll ever reach the same heights or be as healthy and in sync as the first time it happened.

Hell, Curry won his first title at 26 (Klay and Dray were both 24). SGA is 25 and is playing better than Curry was that year. This cannot be a let's wait 4 years to see where Chet is type of thing.